PDA

View Full Version : PSP Update Due

wraggster
October 20th, 2006, 22:41
News Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/740/740690p1.html)

At SCE's Gamers Day, Sony showed off a number of cool functions of the PlayStation 3 system. Many of those functions used an advanced version of the XMB Menu, the same menu PSP uses for its functions. Some of the cool features include a Friends List feature for online play and a fully-featured PlayStation Store. All good things, and all things that the PlayStation Portable could benefit from greatly.

Unfortunately, further details are not available on whether PSP will make use of these fabulous new PlayStation features, but we were told at the event to expect an update for the PlayStation firmware in the near future, possibly around the time of the launch of PS3. Exactly what features would be added in that next version, again, have not been unveiled, but we would guess that integration of the awesome new Remote Play feature is bound to be a big addition.
The PlayStation Store and the PlayStation Friends List seem like features that could be added to PSP, and in fact SCE hinted several times that this was its plan (we're also eager to know if PSP games will utilize all of the PlayStation network features beyond just Friends Lists, as online games on this handheld have been undeservedly few and far between.) Having portable access to your PlayStation 3's online world would be good for both systems, so it seems to be just a matter of time now ... we hope. Look for details on the future PSP update as soon as we can extract details from SCE on its plans.

TCLCloud
October 20th, 2006, 22:55
It'd be about time, all this stuff sounds great, as does PS1 emulation and instant message and whatnot, but still why cant some of these things come out without waiting for the PS3?

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 20th, 2006, 23:47
awww sony is tempting me to udgrade but i don't think i won't to....

Jpdeathblade
October 21st, 2006, 00:56
Thank god for 2 psps =P
Well i got one and my bros ot one... but he never uses it...

I think that the ps1 emulator will be one of the best things ever! I wonder how big the game will be?

LilSwish722
October 21st, 2006, 03:26
ugh i have 2.8 and im debating on upgrading to the new firmware or waiting for a downgrader. QUIT TAUNTING ME SONY!!