PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City Stories Update - IGN Multiplayer Preview

wraggster
October 21st, 2006, 00:00
Via GTAPortable (http://www.gtaportable.com/news/6721/ign-multiplayer-preview)

IGN recently got to test out some of the multiplayer modes featured in Vice City Stories. They also have a few new screenshots to accommodate their article. Below are a few interesting points taken from the preview...

• The game allows for 2-6 players in Ad-Hoc mode. Ad-Hoc means local play, no online multiplayer in this one.
• In addition to all the multiplayer modes from Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories will feature 4 new multiplayer modes.
• Some street races are now called ''Quadathlon'' races. Meaning, you could for instance start off in a car, hop over to a jet-ski, then a bike and finally to a helicopter.
• In ''Might of the Hunter'', players start off on foot, each equipped with an RPG. Players need to try and get into the Hunter first. Score points by killing the other players with the hunter or ,if on foot, shoot down the hunter with the RPG.
• In the returning mode, ''Survivor'', teammates can now enter the same vehicle and perform drive-bys.

TCLCloud
October 21st, 2006, 00:07
This all sounds so good! Cant wait to get it! I wanna know then, seeing as it has helicopters, what are going to be the parameters in multiplayer, like in LCS it was the island you were on but in VC all the islands are weird shapes and stuff.....

the one and only
October 21st, 2006, 00:21
:O we could be able to do whole vice city fights!!!! that would kiick assss
woot and the hunter is confirmed now **dances :D

drew4237
October 21st, 2006, 00:29
i hope that it doesnt require higher than 2.71

AtariFreek
October 21st, 2006, 01:09
Eeeeee! I'm So Excited.

emuking
October 21st, 2006, 05:03
its probaly 2.71 required :D

sedkiller
October 21st, 2006, 06:21
I say that it will require 2.80 or more

MUDD
October 21st, 2006, 06:34
god i hope it requires 2.80 and above .please god (i dont belive in gods) oh please require 2.80 and above.

and this is nice.

mnuhaily22
October 21st, 2006, 11:13
Dammit, no infrastructure, that sucks as*

JKKDARK
October 21st, 2006, 13:32
i can't wait for this great game :)

Hungry Horace
October 21st, 2006, 13:40
god i hope it requires 2.80 and above .please god (i dont belive in gods) oh please require 2.80 and above.

that's a bit selfish isnt it? requiring 2.8 will only reduce sales because 1.5 users like myself wont be able to devhook it.

biggest thing i am gutted about is lack of online play. why oh why leave this out??!

F9zDark
October 23rd, 2006, 04:11
No infrastructure, no purchase.

Get it through your head Rockstar, we want NETWORK games.