PDA

View Full Version : anyone seen any decent fan made ebooks of harry potter films

wraggster
October 21st, 2006, 18:45
some of the fans books are nearly as good as jk rowlings, anyone seen any for book 7 ?

shadowprophet
January 11th, 2007, 06:58
This looks like a good place to post this.

I wanted to chat with you about opening up a fan fiction forum, It would be a nice touch I think.

personaly. I love to write, In great lingth about anything. I may not be the best writer in the universe, But Ive seen books published, that I could write circles around.

Anyhoo. It was just a thought, I figure it would be a great way to give the hp forums a little more draw.

I like the Hp forums and id like to see them grow a little ;)

By the way I found some nice fan made harry potter books That pick up where Order of the Phoenix left off, there are three of them and there in pdf format. Ive read a little of them, there very well writen.

The original page Here (http://www.blogd.com/archives/001234.html)

Has this to say

I am rewriting this post because all three books are now done. Let me introduce the situation. My brother has begun writing fan fiction, and he's done so with a vengeance. He prefers not to be identified by name on the web, and goes by the handle "Semprini," a Monty Python in-joke.

So far he has written three novels based on the Harry Potter series. The books pick up where Rowling's fifth book (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) left off. They diverge from the original novels there, so you will note quite a few contradictions between them and Rowling's sixth book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Essentially, my brother's books finish the Rowling series and then some: The Veil of Mystery is book six, The Ring of Reduction is book seven--the end of Harry's time at Hogwarts--and Phoenix Intuition takes place a few years after Harry graduates. So if you begin reading The Veil of Mystery, it is advised that you re-read Rowling's The Order of the Phoenix so as to remind yourself where things stand.

All three of my brother's books were completed before Rowling released The Half-Blood Prince. My brother may or may not write another Harry Potter book in the future, but if he does, it will likely be quite different from the novels he has written, and may be in a very different time and setting.

The books tend to be long. Both Veil and Ring would be more than 1000 pages each if published in hardcover form. We're talking more than 400,000 words each. Phoenix Intuation is about half that length.

You might also be surprised at the quality: they are extremely well-written. I'm not just saying that because it's my brother, I mean it. Many readers have even said they prefer my brother's book six to Rowling's version--and frankly, I agree. A matter of personal preference, of course--both authors take the series in different directions, which will suit different people in different ways. But to be compared favorably to Rowling is no small feat.

It should also be said that the novels are written for an older audience. There is an strong tendency to weave in elements of morality (without getting even near "preachy"), current events, and observations of interpersonal relationships. In contrast to Rowling's books where characters act in ways that are forced by drama or mystery, my brother's rendition of the characters is more in line with real life, the way responsible and rational people act--and yet he maintains drama and mystery.

The books are presented here chiefly as PDF files, readable on any computer. For a Mac, just use TextEdit. For Windows, use Abode Reader or any other application with PDF ability. The books are presented in B5 paper size (roughly 7" x 10") to be more readble on a computer monitor; if you print out on US Letter-sized paper, there will either be very large margins, or the typeface will appear a bit large. The third book has a US Letter version; in the future I may translate the first two books to this format also. The first two books also come divided into sets of three chapters, and have plain-text formats as well.

Anyhoo without any further waiting here they are :cool:

Accordion
January 11th, 2007, 21:44
i would love a fan-fiction forum...

but maybe open it to a free Literature forum, i would like to have a place to throw my written works into, and i f i ever finish [i would need to start first...] my philosophy theories it would be nice to show them to as many as possible. i would only post watermarked images but i dont see a need to gain profit fro m the subjective.

jasonshawn2005
April 30th, 2007, 16:53
I have read the first two of these books, I am on the final book phoenix intution. My critiques

Veil of mystery, my only complaint was there was way too much back and forth between the characters about love and feelings. I know it's important two know how there feeling, I just think it was a bit over the top, still it may just be that it hard to read at times becuase of that, but at the same time, I couldn't tell you to change anything about it, I thought the book was awesome and really well written. I thought you did an excellent job and would tell you to keep writing more.

Now, Ring of Reduction, I thought was definetly the best, it was really well done, I don't have any complaints at all. I enjoyed the way you made harry so powerful, and what has become of snape. I am reading the 3rd book now, so far it's pretty well done, I get a sense that you didn't put as much time in effort into the 3rd book as you did the first two, and I believe it's becuae you have to create this book from scratch and you can't play off of previous additions as much, I still think your doing very well though. Keep up the good work and if you have any other version of these books let me know.
here is my email
[email protected]

jasonshawn2005
April 30th, 2007, 16:54
Do you know of any other fan written books?