PDA

View Full Version : New additions in PaRappa the Rapper PSP

wraggster
October 21st, 2006, 19:55
Via Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2006/10/18/new-additions-in-parappa-the-rapper-psp/)

While the PSP version of PaRappa the Rapper is pretty much the same game you know and love from the PS1 era (read: quick and easy port). Sony did add a few features to the game, which take advantage of the PSP’s wireless functionality. First, you can play against four other people using the Ad hoc versus mode. PaRappa the Rapper has a game sharing mode where you can send over the first stage of the game with Chop Chop Master Onion. However, the demo isn’t written to the memory stick. As soon as the PSP is turned off the demo is lost. Probably the most intriguing feature in the game are new songs to download through infrastructure mode. While the songs are a good addition these aren’t new stages. The new songs merely act as new background music over the same animations and button timing. I am a pretty big fan of PaRappa the Rapper, but this port is disappointing. The game is so easy to beat and so short I was hoping for at least one new stage in the game. Could Sony be holding something back? We will have more details around December 7 when the game is released. As PaRappa said, “You gotta believe!”

natsuke
October 21st, 2006, 19:59
soo what is this?

Baboon
October 21st, 2006, 21:24
I remember the original playstaion game being quite amusing.

Chop, chop, kick... you gota believe! :)

imoneofthem
October 21st, 2006, 22:21
Hmmm..'background music'

Me and my brother have always cherished Parappa the Rapper & Um Jammer Lammy. 4 player!?......

I don't know what to say. I doubt another title will be released for PS2/PS3 so this is just something for the company to earn a little extra profit.

We shall see.

pspwog
October 22nd, 2006, 03:20
I dont know wat da hell dis is

ryoo
October 24th, 2006, 02:39
Parappa the rapper was a great game! It's sad to see it just become 'another port'. :(