PDA

View Full Version : Armagetron advanced

Strangler
October 21st, 2006, 20:28
how come nobody ported this yet? such an awesome game and online as well.

PlagueMusic
October 21st, 2006, 23:45
Rule For Porting: Give links to ports

Phobos666
October 22nd, 2006, 01:59
This sounds like a really good idea to me. Armagetron is freakin' awesome. It is open-source, too.

Here's a link to the Armagetron homepage.

http://armagetronad.net/index.php

Might be difficult to replicate the 3D and such though, but It still sounds possible.

Mr.Denny
October 22nd, 2006, 13:01
Very interesting

Thanks for making me aware of this :)

And yes, a PP port sounds great.

HardHat
November 17th, 2006, 03:58
I've looked into porting this one a couple of times. I was just out of reach for my experience level in the spring. I see the new version is more stable and a little easier to work with. To make a native port (which is what I always prefer) it would be quite a bit of work (with 800 OpenGL calls). But maybe someone would like to take a crack at this now with SDL+PSPGL. It looks possible. Plus they now have a good single player mode (which was missing in older versions).

Cap'n 1time
November 17th, 2006, 07:00
I've looked into porting this one a couple of times. I was just out of reach for my experience level in the spring. I see the new version is more stable and a little easier to work with. To make a native port (which is what I always prefer) it would be quite a bit of work (with 800 OpenGL calls). But maybe someone would like to take a crack at this now with SDL+PSPGL. It looks possible. Plus they now have a good single player mode (which was missing in older versions).

OT: Its nice to see some coders actually looking through our lovely port suggestion threads. :)