PDA

View Full Version : DS-Xtreme news.. from Divineo China

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 00:37
Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=) posted this news concerning the newly released DS Flash Cart:

The first batch of the DS-Xtreme will be available around 24th or 25th , all the back orders will be shipped at once when we receive the shipment. New orders are welcome.

NoQuarter
October 22nd, 2006, 00:39
cool, I'm thinking about getting one of these.Only thing is the small storage space.

ACID
October 22nd, 2006, 00:41
Hey wraggster why havent you followed up with the DS Link. Well in topic i still think memory is too small for my taste. And the DS Link gives you all that the DS Xtreme does and the team for the ds link is making a bunch of releases for it exclusively. Like homebrews and things that wouldnt work they are making them to work. So i think thats a plus.

NoQuarter
October 22nd, 2006, 01:02
That Dslink sounds interesting,gonna have to check it out.

Edit:I just checked out the dslink,It has rather low homebrew compatibility and requires a passme or firmware flash.That's a pass for me.

kcajblue
October 22nd, 2006, 06:11
DS-X = too expensive

ACID
October 22nd, 2006, 07:15
I agree with you on that.

Payk
October 22nd, 2006, 21:01
Yeah...always news about ds xtreme but not much about NinjaDS or DSLink which both are good, too.
I think i hv just heared about 3 or 4 times things about DSX here while DSLINK and NinjaDs are updating contuniusly, too. NinjaDS just added a new savegame managment which allows u to store up to 9 savegames per game...never read that here...Wraggster: Pleas try to be fair, ok?

kcajblue
October 22nd, 2006, 23:48
i wouldnt mind hearing about DS Link and NinjaDS

ACID
October 23rd, 2006, 06:45
Bouth ninja ds and ds link are more advanced and way better. Man with all the updates they have done already. DS extreme will have a slow star and wont catch up.

Payk
October 23rd, 2006, 17:08
Well, if u start comparing them:

Advantiges of DS-X over NinjaDS or DSLink:
-No patching in anykind (allows download and play with unflashed nds, i guess)
-More comfortable testing for coders, since u just plug in usb cable ;)
-Smaller then NinjaDS

Disadvantages:
-Small memory size
-Not very cheap (keep in mind that u cant use any flashcards like SD cards...)

So if u are realy one of them that needs a flashcard and has many friends which dont use such a thing, its interesting for you. If like lightshows for music but dont need a big collection of music its also your device.

But if ur one of them who flashes nds of friends and needs more then 512MB and dont care about lightshows, you should think about another solucion.

If u also like gba games, you shouldnt buy any of them.