PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM DS v0.9.1beta6

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 01:05
AgentQ (http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/) has posted a new beta of his port of ScummVM for the Nintendo DS:

Heres whats new:

Beta 6:

Fixed held keys not being detected on startup
Fixed SCSD driver
Fixed broken icon

ScummVM is an interpreter that allows you to play Lucasarts' back catalog of point and click adventure games on modern computers. I didn't write ScummVM, that honour goes to the ScummVM team. ScummVM is written in portable C++ and has been ported to many differnet platforms, and I have made a port of it to the DS. This means that you can play all these classic games on the DS with full sound.
ScummVM DS is under constant development, so don't be surprised if you find bugs or games that don't work.

Features

Runs nearly all of Lucasarts' SCUMM games up to and including Sam & Max Hit the Road
Runs many non-Lucasrts point-and-click adventures too
Supports sound
Supports multiple games without reflashing
Supports using the DS touch screen for controls
Suports saving games to compatible flash cards
All games run at pretty much full speed

Download and Give Feedbaclk Via Comments

Junixx
October 22nd, 2006, 15:40
Download and Give Feedbaclk Via Comments

Little typo ;) also I was never able to get this thing working on my GBAMP, maybe this one will work...It would boot but it would never load any games

:Edit:

Nope, still won't work :(

saotome22
October 22nd, 2006, 21:35
have you done anything about M3SD compatability?

ikarimaru
October 22nd, 2006, 23:32
I'm trying to run the Indiana Jones Talkie (English/DOS/CD) with this build and for some reason the speech doesn't work. I'm using a Supercard SD and Super Pass Key... anyone else having this problem?

ACID
October 23rd, 2006, 06:44
Man thanks for another great release. Keep up the great work.

Sonny_Jim
October 24th, 2006, 16:01
I tried it on my SCSD, booted up fine. Loaded sam and max fine. Played it for a little bit, went to save. After hitting OK system freezes, and now my savegame is corrupted. :-(

IF YOU HAVE SCSD MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP STUFF. The FAT lib atm has wonky write support. The only homebrew I trust for write/delete support above 64k files is DSLinux but that's because it doesn't use that lib.