PDA

View Full Version : SpeccyDS WIP News - Spectrum Emulator for Nintendo DS

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 01:21
CraigT posted this news:

Thanks for all the feedback on compatibility with various homebrew methods over the last few days and apologies if your choosen method isn’t working at the moment.

Since the only hardware I own is a SuperCard CF it was always going to be difficult to get all devices working straight away. With help from The Caffeen Kid, I was able to test v0.1a on a SuperCard SD before releasing it.

The main problem with other hardware is due to the FAT file system driver. I am using an unmodified version of Chism’s nds_fat_lib which has issues with some types of card, including the M3.

There is an unofficial version of the nds_fat_lib that has been modified to increase
compatibility, which has been included in the Rein project. I plan to merge this version into SpeccyDS for the next release.

Chism is also working on a new driver named fatlib which is currently in alpha stage. The driver is a huge improvement over the old nds_fat_lib but it does have a few key features missing, such as listing the files in a directory, which SpeccyDS requires.

If fatlib is released before the next version of SpeccyDS then I will start to use that instead.

Other than that, thanks for all the kind words! :)

More info --> http://speccyds.wordpress.com/

ACID
October 22nd, 2006, 07:09
Great so this works with SC ill give it a go and leave more feedback. Thanks for the update.

basilb
October 22nd, 2006, 15:39
I see now why coders set-up that petition to m3's makers.

JKKDARK
October 22nd, 2006, 15:52
Nice news CraigT. We are waitng for your great job :)