PDA

View Full Version : with all that hype about 3.00......

GammaFive
October 22nd, 2006, 07:31
im sure there gonna mess something up so we can crack it easy... with all those "fancy" features theres bound to be something we can downgrade off of:)

yess.. a 3.00 to 1.5 downgrader i can see it now...
so if you all are complainer about your 2.81 just wait till sony screws up again--not long-:p then you can do all your homebrewing needs once again... i heard somewhere its comin out in a few weeks, so just wait a lil' and if a 2.80-2.81 downgrader doesnt come just wait till 3.00 like i said theres gonna be a scew up...i can feel it... and if you "that" impatient just go buy a early version. Yeah..i upgrades mine from a firmware below 2.5 to a 2.81 without knowing about the homebrew blocks..a downgrader will come evantually

im tired...

mnuhaily22
October 22nd, 2006, 09:25
Don't worry, it will come some day.:)

splodger15
October 22nd, 2006, 09:55
It will come but will be a long time

LilSwish722
October 25th, 2006, 21:35
sony is bound to screw up...thnk about the PS1 emu, thats where i predict they will mess up. Tricking it into running a fake file and boo yah...HOMEBREW lol

diehard147
October 30th, 2006, 01:15
NO thats why they are being carfull not to screw up I HATE SONY THERE BITCHS FOR THE FIRMWARE UPDATES.

mavsman4457
October 30th, 2006, 01:19
I actually like the firmware updates now that I know that I'm safe from their clutches. With devhook, it doesn't really affect me but give me more features.

potatoman
October 30th, 2006, 09:41
i agree, they WILL screw up.

Baboon
October 30th, 2006, 15:47
I say bring it on!

Keep the faith with Dark Alex people... he hasnt failed to deliver the goods yet! :)

potatoman
October 30th, 2006, 20:00
how come no one ever mentions anyone other than dark alex? There has to be a vunrebility to exploit, i'd be shouting "where's hitchhikr?" "where's NOP86x?"

mavsman4457
October 30th, 2006, 20:09
how come no one ever mentions anyone other than dark alex? There has to be a vunrebility to exploit, i'd be shouting "where's hitchhikr?" "where's NOP86x?"

That's true but dark alex always finishes off the task so he gets credit.

Shrygue
October 30th, 2006, 20:11
Sony messed up with the TIFF exploit, didn't patch it up until firmware version 2.81 as a quick security patch to 2.80. God, nothing happened from 2.0 until then.

Let's see if maybe another picture format can be exploited like the TIFF format! :)

psiko_scweek
October 31st, 2006, 15:05
Sony is taking their time with 3.00. It is supposed to have the PSX emulator and a whole bunch of new options. Now, yes, with new options can bring the possibility of a new exploit, and yes, most likely the new exploit will allow some form of homebrew through it.

About sony messing up with the Tiff exploit, it was a recent exploit on the PC version of LibTiff that was discovered, it wasnt that sony messed up, they did patch the original Tiff exploit with 2.01.

Now I have no doubt that if an exploit were to be present, our group of clever hackers (WAAY to numerous to be named, take a look at the banner on Noobz website) can find a way to exploit it.

Also yeah, Dark_Alex is a great Dev, but he does not need all the credit, just like Fanjita doesnt deserve all the credit for the ELoader, its work that took a lot of devs to discover, exploit, and finalize.