PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Video Freak

splodger15
October 22nd, 2006, 14:05
What happened to Video Freak havent heard of him for a while

Kramer
October 22nd, 2006, 14:31
He's still around he just doesnt post too often.

V3N0M
October 22nd, 2006, 15:03
He really stopped posting alot after they took like 2,000 posting points from him. But thats not what really counts. I may not know him great. But he seems like a helpful guy and always willing to learn new things and thats what really counts, so he's ok in my book. But i have seen him around lately. So he's still around.

S34MU5
October 22nd, 2006, 15:13
yeh i saw (heard from) him not that long ago.

Dus anyone now of the post reduction.
and he dosent just post here i have seen him on many other forums.

ICE
October 22nd, 2006, 16:13
dcemu took over 2000 of his and acidburns posts because they where considered "spam". the posts werent helpful to the thread so they got killed.

acn010
October 22nd, 2006, 16:16
they dont got banned

BrooksyX
October 22nd, 2006, 20:04
Ha, here are few examples of the kind of posts video freak would do.

cool

maybe

:D

So since he cant do posts like that anymore he probably doesnt have as much to say.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
October 22nd, 2006, 20:50
hes getting pissed, cuz all the mods think that all he does is spam. and theres nothing wrong with posting "cool", "maybe", or ":-)"

Kaiser
October 22nd, 2006, 21:47
We are all reasonable guys here and I think he just took it the wrong way. My actions were nothing personal and I still like the guy, and I'm sure others on the staff feel the same way. I have no idea where he'd get the notion we hate him.

and theres nothing wrong with posting "cool", "maybe", or ":-)"

There is something wrong with posting one-word responses, otherwise I would not have taken those posts away in the first place.

Accordion
October 22nd, 2006, 22:29
the matter was taken way out of hand, and it is a real shame. but i do agree with the deduction of posts, as gaining 1000 posts in under a month is crazy!!!

bullhead
October 22nd, 2006, 22:35
It was so funny reading their reactions. It was as though DCEMU had betrayed them in some way. They are cool members, but their reactions were hilarious. It was like a girl breaking up with a guy. Kaiser was all like, its not you, its me...(side of the breakup) and.... aww you just have to read it.
They do love to spam, but I love them all the same.

Wally
October 23rd, 2006, 03:06
Well they have reasons..

I do believe Video_Freak has over reacted over this matter slightly. (Today hasnt been a good day for him IMO)

I dont believe people should be making him look bad by saying hes a spammer and giving examples of his posts..
"Cool" and " Well Done" are probably used to make the programmer feel loved and Video_Freak was only showing compassion towards them..

Don't get me wrong but spammers usually send junk email, make posts that dont make any sense or are not relavent (Spelling , I know) to the subject, giving abusive feedback to users (as more commonly seen on other websites). Video_Freak didn't do any of that, so therefore he isnt a spammer..

So STFU all you n00bs and get on that School Bus..

TeenDev
October 23rd, 2006, 03:06
wait.... u peeps talking about me?

Video_freak
October 23rd, 2006, 03:09
wait.... u peeps talking about me?
Get the **** out of here dude.

brainpan
October 23rd, 2006, 03:28
Jesus de cristo, Video_Freak! 2,000 post count were taken away from you and YOU STILL have that many under your avatar. :p

V3N0M
October 23rd, 2006, 03:49
Hey relax everyone. No more discussion about Video Freak and Acidburn. So now that everyone knows that Video Freak and Acidburn are still around. Please just leave them alone. And stop bothering them about the stupid post point’s reduction. It has been brought up many times and just needs to be left alone. Because post points is not what makes a legendary Dcemu member but the helpfulness and attitude of that member is what makes that member legendary. So please everyone stop discussing this and move onto other threads. Anyways it’s good to see you around Video Freak. And I hope you take none of the negative comments here personally. Plus its gotta be pretty cool that someone was willing to make a thread making sure your still around because they appreciated your help.

mcvader
October 23rd, 2006, 04:41
Good to see you're still around Video Freak, I noticed your absence, It's the first I've heard about the post reduction tho, I didn't know they did that, seems a bit rough to me.

M!ckeY
October 23rd, 2006, 04:47
it's nice to see the Video is still around :). AND OMFG!!! LMAO!! wally and his ****ing school bus!! :D

Video_freak
October 23rd, 2006, 04:48
I just want to clear some things up. I DON'T care about my post reduction. The only reason I stayed was to help noobs that needed it badly :P. I'm not gone, I've just been more busy lately, and I haven't been online for more than a couple of minutes in a while. I'm not gone from DCEmu, I'm just not posting stupid posts anymore.

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 05:07
Yeah, you guys who are talking smack should chill out.Video freak has always been helpful.

pibs
October 23rd, 2006, 05:23
can a mod close this thread before some1 ends up saying something stupid, or talks smak about these two dudes.

thnx

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 05:24
Good idea,I'm just glad these guy's are still around!

ACID
October 23rd, 2006, 06:20
Ha, here are few examples of the kind of posts video freak would do.

So since he cant do posts like that anymore he probably doesnt have as much to say.
Dude that is totaly dumm what you ahve just done by posting thoes things and i will reported.

lmtlmt
October 23rd, 2006, 09:44
i could have told you video_freak was still around, i reseived a pm from him 3 days ago, ps acidburn cool sig

Darksaviour69
October 23rd, 2006, 09:49
ok, lock time