PDA

View Full Version : EGM's Crapstravaganza: The 20 Worst Video Games of All Time.

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 17:08
Heres the 20 Worst Video Games of all time accordig to EGM: (http://seanbaby.com/nes/egm.htm)

20: Extreme Sports With the Berenstein Bears
19: Bible Adventures
18: Kriss Kross: Make My Video
17: Bubsy 3D
16: Bad Street Brawler
15: Total Recall
14: Rapjam Volume One
13: AIRCARS
12: Night Trap
11: Heroes of the Lance
10: Revolution X
9: Custer's Revenge
8: White Men Can't Jump
7: Superman 64
6: Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon
5: Virtuoso
4: Captain Novolin
3: Fight For Life
2: Club Drive
1: E.T. The Extraterrestrial

Do you agree or not, let us know ?

JKKDARK
October 22nd, 2006, 17:17
From the list I played:
Bubsy 3D
Night Trap
Superman 64
Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

Yeah, these games are horrible :mad:

PSPKOR
October 22nd, 2006, 17:19
Haven't heard of many of these games, though thats probably why they are the worst.

What was "Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon" released for? and to be that low for a zelda game.

JKKDARK
October 22nd, 2006, 17:21
Haven't heard of many of these games, though thats probably why they are the worst.

What was "Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon" released for? and to be that low for a zelda game.

This game was for the Philips CD-i, more info here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_Zelda:_Wand_of_Gamelon)

slayer2psp
October 22nd, 2006, 17:36
Night Trap rules Dana Plato what you talking about willis.im going to play the sega cd 32x version right now

yakumo9275
October 22nd, 2006, 17:39
heroes of the lance was fine on the pc. i guess the nes blew chunks tho... shame.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 22nd, 2006, 17:45
I agree, wholeheartedly.

But they left out the other shit CD-I Zeldas.

They're not even ZELDAS!

Broadus
October 22nd, 2006, 18:08
Revolution X was awesome! In the arcade with my dad, brother and I playing at the same time, anyway. Kind of dumb on the Sega Genesis because they cut ouf a bunch of stuff like some bosses, but added a bathroom level. Hooray for bathroom level.

iq_132
October 22nd, 2006, 18:09
WTF? No Street Fighter: The Movie (the game) (http://www.netjak.com/review.php/948)??

Xcliber
October 22nd, 2006, 18:15
i'm suprised no one has mentioned Shadow the Hedgehog

iv'e nevr herd of any of those games on that list either.

who came up with it anyway?

AtariFreek
October 22nd, 2006, 18:20
Godhand should be up there.

shrimpidy
October 22nd, 2006, 18:20
I prbably would agree that they are terrible games even though i haven't played or even heard of any of them. The names are kinda corny which helped me choose my choice.

JadaBloom
October 22nd, 2006, 18:25
The mario cd-i game isn't there either lol odd.

Mikaa
October 22nd, 2006, 18:31
What, no Pit Fighter on Gameboy? No Bubsy II (any version, especially GB)? What about Game Gear Sonic 2?

Speaking of these three games, has anyone played them?

And can we PLEASE forget that Phillips ever got the rights to produce those three Zeldas and that Mario game for their US$1,000,000,000 drain machine?

EDIT - From all the reports I have heard, the CD-i Mario was not that bad, being that it was a puzzler more than a traditional Mario game. And the Zelda games, well... Depends on how die-hard you are, and how devoted to the traditional games... And having said THAT, I will no longer speak of those things...

Broonale
October 22nd, 2006, 18:50
Club Crive has it's own charm.

It is only the lack of textures that make it seem so bad.

I haven't bought Aircars yet.

White Men Can't Jump would of seemed better with a different title. Halfcourt would of been better since the game has nothing to do with the movie.

Tennisgy
October 22nd, 2006, 19:23
There s this one paintballing game that got a .7 from IGN

Endlessrain
October 22nd, 2006, 19:26
what about shaq fu :(

tito13kfm
October 22nd, 2006, 19:48
Bible adventure was not that bad for a kids game. Although the rest of the list is pretty accurate... Superman 64 should be #1 on that list though. At least ET was fun for a few minutes.

meanguns
October 22nd, 2006, 19:58
Heres the 20 Worst Video Games of all time accordig to EGM: (http://seanbaby.com/nes/egm.htm)

Ok Heros of the Lance??? Revolution X???? and ET Atari 2600???? Ok I can think of a lot worse here guys seem EGM have dated themselves here!

Fist off Heros of the Lance was AWESOME on the Atari ST Computers AWESOME I SAY!!!! but did really suck for the NES but how can they compair Apples and Oranges here they were made by two diffrent company's The ST version was made by the original company while the NES version was a licenced product produced by a little known producer any way: These Guys at EGM really tick me off when 4 Atari Jaguar titles make the list... Did they even play Whiteman Can't Jump it's better than basketbrawl for sure!

In addition, Revolution X Please! of of the best Arcade shooters of all time! but did have a god aweful SNES and Genisis release. If I diden't see it in the Arcade I would agree put it at number 1 on the list! This is what I mean about these people at EGM they must be talking NES, SNES, Genisis, 3D0 and Jaguar versions. they never played the Arcade equivilents.

I do agree ET was one of the worst games of all time but I can put at least five other games in it's place for a tie in the number one spot!

It is quite obvious though they never played the arcade versions or computer versions of these games, and it's very obvious it's easy to pick on a dead system like the Jaguar that todays generation dosen't remember or even know about!

Maby we are the ones who should be makeing the lists up and not EGM let's put it to a vote!

The fact is there are a hell of a lot worse games out there than this list, What were they thinking!

Shemp
October 22nd, 2006, 20:00
This is a fairly old list, courtesy of long-time internet ninja-vigilante/comedy writer Seanbaby. The original article can be found at http://seanbaby.com/nes/egm.htm.

Warning: articles may (do) contain references to body parts, things that come out of body parts, and acts that may or may not logically be done by body parts to other body parts/object/members of the animal kingdom/dirt.

Amiga
October 22nd, 2006, 20:40
ET was utter bob!!!
once u fell into a pit ,it took all my strength not to through the bloody atari2600 across the room!!

myers112
October 22nd, 2006, 20:42
Brilliant !

This guy is a comedy genius and had me crying with laughter and even more so when i checked out the rest of his articles.

Dickhead
October 22nd, 2006, 20:42
Well I dont like video games with lots of bad bugs and that crash your system all the time and are impossible to finish(for example ET when you fall into a pit you have to reset the games system). no i am not talking about any beta/testing programs iam talking about full complete games that are never fixed because they was only released once. I also did not like when games did not load at all or took an age to load like on the spectrum

Amethyst
October 22nd, 2006, 20:56
i'm suprised no one has mentioned Shadow the Hedgehog

Although Shadow was a bit of a letdown, it is ridiculous... nay, insanely mentally retarded and n00bish to call that game anything less than mediocre. It was playable with decent graphics, sound, and controls and was enjoyable.

Where's Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu for the NES? That game was AWEFUL!

jerrt
October 22nd, 2006, 20:59
revolution x ruled, but only in the arcade, all console versions left out gun support which made the game almost unplayable.

and night trap was an awesome game, but double switch was what sold me on the sega cd.

saotome22
October 22nd, 2006, 21:33
hah, never even heard of most of these games :)
guess I've been lucky enough to avoid them.

Ari
October 22nd, 2006, 21:47
What, no Pit Fighter on Gameboy? No Bubsy II (any version, especially GB)? What about Game Gear Sonic 2?

Speaking of these three games, has anyone played them?

And can we PLEASE forget that Phillips ever got the rights to produce those three Zeldas and that Mario game for their US$1,000,000,000 drain machine?

EDIT - From all the reports I have heard, the CD-i Mario was not that bad, being that it was a puzzler more than a traditional Mario game. And the Zelda games, well... Depends on how die-hard you are, and how devoted to the traditional games... And having said THAT, I will no longer speak of those things...I've played GG Sonic 2! In fact, I still have the cartridge, despite losing my Game Gear a few years ago (which makes me pretty sad). It was pretty bad... but I don't think it's one of the worst games of all time.

As for what I think the worst game is... I'll have to say Taz the Tazmanian Tiger for Game Gear. It's pretty bad...

emuking
October 22nd, 2006, 21:51
wow all these games do suck

Carl_Ripken
October 22nd, 2006, 21:58
your forgetting the entire virtual boy line up as well as some jaguar titles but i see white men can jump is present so is bubsy both jag ports. Altered beast might be in there but for some reason its extremely popular.
Kasumi ninja uuh theres more i cant believe i actually have to think about this. Boogerman on principle alone
i had a closer look 60% of those games are jag ports. oregon trail ,wu tang,

missingnoo
October 22nd, 2006, 22:09
EGM always recyclyes theirs WORST GAME LIST
where the hell is

Bubble Bobble Revolution for the DS
and
Death Crimson for the Sega Saturn?

Death Crimson has to be the
worst game ever created.

Carl_Ripken
October 22nd, 2006, 22:29
the entire wwf series,sabrina the teenage witch,simant,polly pocket any number of barbie games,
infact just about all nickelodean games are crap,

Amethyst
October 22nd, 2006, 22:32
SimAnt? No way.

Bub
October 22nd, 2006, 22:49
E.T. at number one, eh? Haven't seen THAT before...
I actually own the cartridge, and the game is, in my opinion, ruthlessely bashed beyond what it deserves. True, it sucks really hard, but plenty of games are worse. For example, the backstreet boys game for GBC, my pick for the worst game in America award.

BurningRanger Sho
October 22nd, 2006, 22:50
Oh, PUH-leeeze! This list is so old it farts dust and s#!ts sand! Seanbaby wrote this on his old website back when the 'intranets' actually WERE 'a series of tubes'. I won't disagree that it's still kinda funny, and some of those positions still hold true, but can't ANYONE come up with a new, updated 'worst of...' list? You all asked why no DS, PSP or XBOX titles? The list was made before they EXISTED! Hell, it even predates the Dreamcast! Holy crap!

Carl_Ripken
October 22nd, 2006, 22:52
can you qualify simant to not be crap game?i mean i picked it because its sim ant c'mon

lumisi
October 23rd, 2006, 00:13
I loved Night Trap, it was fun to watch the girls !!

Basil Zero
October 23rd, 2006, 00:17

that pretty much sums up all the bad games

kcajblue
October 23rd, 2006, 00:39
why Bad Street Brawler. that game is awesome! it shouldnt be one of the worst games of all time.

MikeDX
October 23rd, 2006, 00:40
where the hell is

Bubble Bobble Revolution for the DS

That game has a salvation in the form of classic mode with wifi multiplayer, so shh.

Also, picking on Et on the 2600 is so 1984.

How about brainies on the SNES? that was a piece of shit.

havoc_012
October 23rd, 2006, 00:56
Shadow the Hedgehog.

Nobody that grew up with the old school sonic games could enjoy this.

JKKDARK
October 23rd, 2006, 01:05
Shadow the Hedgehog.

Nobody that grew up with the old school sonic games could enjoy this.
Well, I am a Sonic fan ;)
Really, I enjoy it. Obviously, it is not the classic Sonic game, but it is still good. The worst thing is that you can use guns (?), then it is not a Sonic game really :(

Triplegreen
October 23rd, 2006, 01:09
Lets not forget that 90% of all games based on movies sucked.

ALF
October 23rd, 2006, 01:20
Woot! Bible Adventures! made the list awsome! :)

wolfpack
October 23rd, 2006, 01:30
id put Martian Gothic Unification on that list just for the fact that the zombies CANNOT BE ****ING KILLED!!! they just get back up a little while later

10shu
October 23rd, 2006, 01:33
what the worst game for each platform/?

NovaKane
October 23rd, 2006, 01:44
the entire wwf series,sabrina the teenage witch,simant,polly pocket any number of barbie games,
infact just about all nickelodean games are crap,

The entire WWF series wasn't crap. Some, not all...

And Nickelodean GUTS was pretty decent on the SNES :p

LC_killer
October 23rd, 2006, 02:01
i had bible adventures on the nes as a kid. and yes it blows. it had a kinda kool cartrige though. it was blue

The Hombrew Hunter
October 23rd, 2006, 02:37
Well, I am a Sonic fan ;)
Really, I enjoy it. Obviously, it is not the classic Sonic game, but it is still good. The worst thing is that you can use guns (?), then it is not a Sonic game really :(

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050314.jpg

SAYS IT ALL!

Frogboy
October 23rd, 2006, 03:32
Here are my least favorite NES games:

10 Yard Fight - The only football game where your player jumps up and down after an interception instead of running with it.

Deadly Towers - One of the first adventure games for the NES. I don't think that there was a point or a goal to this game. You just ran around and killed things.

Elevator - What could be less interesting than going up and down in an elevator?

Faxanadu - Actually wasn't a that bad but did have the worst enemy bosses with the exception of the last game that I don't remember the name of.

??? - I wish that I could remember the name of this game. It was a high profile ninja game that the first enemy boss was this huge fat guy that was as tall as the screen and looked really cool for the time. The rest of the bosses (not to mention the game) were absolutely horrible. There was a Witch and the Enemy Box (yes, the end boss was a box that divided into more boxes). Anyone remember what the name of this game was?

Frogboy

MaxSMoke
October 23rd, 2006, 04:54
I nominate Rengoku!

matt2k
October 23rd, 2006, 06:41
Bad Street Brawler? Weird, not bad.

Rapjam was another NBA Jam game.......all the same.

Total Recall just looked bad. That's It.

If Night Trap is on there, then all of the other FMV games should be on there......but I liked some FMV games. Sewer Shark, Prize Fighter, and my favorite for the 32x CD port, Supreme Warrior.

Revolution X should be taken off. I loved the T2 The Arcade Game, and when Rev X came out I was all into it too.

ET wasn't really all that bad. I remember completing the game a couple of times. But then again I was 7 or 8 at the time. I don't touch any 2600 games anymore.

The worst game ever has to be:

Drake of the 99 Dragons

3rd person, The aiming system and the camera are BOTH CONTROLLED BY THE RIGHT THUMBSTICK,
the story was complete BS, and this is the first game ever in my 20+ years of gaming to make me have motion sickness. The game is one giant glitch.
The game is so broken it is absolutely unplayable.
Just run from this game if you see it in a store.

Let's just pretend this game was never made. Um, did you play Mario and Luigi yet? Say, that's a nice shirt you got there! Is your cousin in the hospital fine?

ACID
October 23rd, 2006, 06:43
I agree with all the games on the list exept night trap i loved that game.

saocore
October 23rd, 2006, 08:28
hahahaha sean baby always makes me roflmao...

no really he is always funny

240-185
October 23rd, 2006, 09:17
I played GG/SMS Sonic 2. I wanted it for Christmas. Because I thought it was the same version as Genesis version.

I was wrong.

And beating the first boss was quite horrible. Getting this second emerald in the air was almost impossible.

Add to this game awful musics, awful graphics, and you got a masterpiece of CRAP.

nathan1974au
October 23rd, 2006, 10:22

games iv'e played out of all of these being crud

bubsy 3d and superman 64. it was a bitter moment when i had to fork out hard earned pocket money, to find the game you had spent was a peice of shitazin!!! but what about alien vs predator on the snes and dick tracey on the megadrive. one more mortal kombat snes. there shitazin too!!!!

game on man!!!

The Hombrew Hunter
October 23rd, 2006, 12:04
Here are my least favorite NES games:

10 Yard Fight - The only football game where your player jumps up and down after an interception instead of running with it.

Deadly Towers - One of the first adventure games for the NES. I don't think that there was a point or a goal to this game. You just ran around and killed things.

Elevator - What could be less interesting than going up and down in an elevator?

Faxanadu - Actually wasn't a that bad but did have the worst enemy bosses with the exception of the last game that I don't remember the name of.

Wrath of the Black Manta - I wish that I could remember the name of this game. It was a high profile ninja game that the first enemy boss was this huge fat guy that was as tall as the screen and looked really cool for the time. The rest of the bosses (not to mention the game) were absolutely horrible. There was a Witch and the Enemy Box (yes, the end boss was a box that divided into more boxes). Anyone remember what the name of this game was?

Frogboy

I replaced ??? with the name.

mcvader
October 23rd, 2006, 13:14
lol, I've got wrath of the black manta, I didn't think it that bad, although I havn't had a big go on it as it seems to crash a lot (It is 20 years old) .

Flintstones on the SMS was terrible (paint the wall before the time runs out!?!) and did anybody ever play Terminator 2 on the Atari ST? it's the only ST game i've ever seen that has FMV but the gameplay was non-existant, or Red Heat on the ST? Although I think the worst game i've ever played was my first attempt at LUA, lol.

What system was shadow the hedgehog on?, I didn't know he had his own game.

Poem58
October 23rd, 2006, 14:50
Journey's Escape was a FAR more horrible game than ET of which after a bit of time I got quite good at controlling and was even able to catch myself and start to rise before I ever hit the pit bottom...then I started beating the game over and over....

skibridgerbowl
October 23rd, 2006, 21:52
What about Shak Fu...I thought that always made the worst games lists

Shiesty
October 23rd, 2006, 22:16
i have fun playing 2 player revolution x on the sega saturn. it being so corny and awful can be enjoyable, especially when you're baked

cador
October 24th, 2006, 00:09
Bad Street Brawler is on the list??? I could see if they're referring to the NES port, but this game was awesome on the Commodore 64.

TeenDev
October 24th, 2006, 01:09

hey I actually liked that one:mad:

kcajblue
October 24th, 2006, 02:21
Bad Street Brawler is on the list??? I could see if they're referring to the NES port, but this game was awesome on the Commodore 64.they are talking about the NES one. there is nothing wrong with the NES one. its fun.

Makaveli777
October 24th, 2006, 05:13
superman 64 was one of the best games ever!!!! I really felt like the man of steel as I flew into countless buildings because of the superb controls, and I never got hurt. Thats what I call superman yall.

Adrenalin
October 24th, 2006, 13:43
i've only read the E.T review so far and it was funny !