PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on DS/Wii Forum Expansion

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 19:05
Hi all, lately the DS section has expanded nicely and with the release of the Wii and the whole Nintendo forums getting busier i thought it would be a good time to have some new subforums for Nintendo DS/Wii etc

Now first up on the list is a DS Porting ideas forum which i agree with.

I also think that a subforums for each DS Flash Cart would be good ie , M3, DS Xtreme, Supercard, Neoflash and also a Friends Code forum

For Wii i say we need a friends code forum, Wii Hacking and Development and Wii Emulation and Homebrew

All will be subforums so the main index doesnt swell but there is a need to expand and to be ready for future developments.

Let me know what you think.

lexluthor
October 22nd, 2006, 20:03
Im not sure about different forums for each DS card.. there is to many and things would get silly and too spread out.

I personally feel we only need...

One Wii news forum
One DS news forum
One Wii hacking forum
One DS hacking forum
One Wii user/questions/Wifi forum
One DS user/questions/Wifi forum

I agree the idea of Subforums is a good one.. but still too many isnt a good idea IMO.

BId be interested to hear others ideas.

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 21:01
yeah we also need a Dev forum for each too

chemical
October 22nd, 2006, 22:16
Seems pretty much spot on except I agree with luther, a sub-forum for every flashcard is too much, and i could see things being posted like 6 times in each card sub-board, keep those all as one IMO.

BlueCrab
October 22nd, 2006, 23:10
Here's what I think we should have:

DS News forum
DS Discussion
DS Programming discussion
DS Porting Ideas

Wii News forum
Wii Development discussion
Wii Discussion forum

Also, I think it might be a good idea to change it from DS to DS/GBA, or maybe have a set of "Classic Nintendo" forums as well.

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 23:16
yeah we need maybe a wii hacking forum and say a DS Flashcart Forum to cover all flash cards

what sort of forums for a classic nintendo ?

gba,gb and gamcube will be in them

lexluthor
October 23rd, 2006, 00:08
Imo a Sub Forum for the virtual console might be an idea. The amount of games and platforms they cover is going to be huge. Things might get messy if we try and fit it in with all the other Wii stuff..

What you have so far (above this post) seems good though.

BlueCrab
October 23rd, 2006, 01:48
yeah we need maybe a wii hacking forum and say a DS Flashcart Forum to cover all flash cards

what sort of forums for a classic nintendo ?

gba,gb and gamcube will be in themI'd say for gamecube and gba/gb each have a general discussion forum, as well as a news forum (of course), and a development forum. I don't think for those we'd need a separate development/porting ideas one.

wraggster
October 23rd, 2006, 01:59
i agree bluecrab

hmm thats a few forums to sort out

skater9269
October 23rd, 2006, 04:09
I think it is funny you are already thinking about putting a wii homebrew forum section I guess we can only be optimistic.

wraggster
October 23rd, 2006, 13:19
well the Virtual Console discssion can be in there as well, but in time every console is cracked for homebrew, its a sure thing ;)

masterpaul
October 23rd, 2006, 13:51
EXPAND... EXPAND... EXPAND... EXPAND!!!!

I'll be porting rpg maker XP, to Wii. Shhh... don't tell no one.