PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Forum Changes

wraggster
October 22nd, 2006, 21:00
Hi All, just a word to the wise, there will be some movement of forums tonight.

The main index page had become too long so with that in mind ive begun moving categorys with General Discussion taking most of them categorys.

The Dreamcast and PSP sections for now will be left as they are but other sections Like the Microsoft, Nintendo DS and GP2X forums will see some sorting out, what we will have is more sub forums that specialize for the consoles we cover so that our members can find forums easier.

Thats all for now :)

kcajblue
October 22nd, 2006, 23:02
more sub forums is good.

Mark30001
October 23rd, 2006, 02:41
Cool! Willing to see some nice changes! ;)

AtariFreek
October 23rd, 2006, 03:02
Sounds excellent wraggs!

TeenDev
October 23rd, 2006, 03:10
sounds cool thanx

Basil Zero
October 23rd, 2006, 03:42
awesome, more sub forums

bah
October 23rd, 2006, 09:16
Not 100% related, but would it be possible to limit the number of pages to a particular forum that are displayed individually (to the right of the 'NEWTHREAD' button). i.e. have another set of arrows at either end of the numerical list to scroll through page numbers.

In the PSP help forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=80), for me at 1280x1024 under both Firefox and IE the current display method causes the entire page to be stretched, leaving only the thread title column visible with a lot of wasted white space to the right of the titles as a result. You can scroll across and back but cropping the numbers at a certain point would be nicer.

The same issue occurs when a particular thread has a very large number of reply pages (e.g. Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23614), making it so you have to scroll horizontally to read the original post and all comments.)

I could move to 1600x1200 but my eyes are not fans of 60Hz CRTs and eventually the numbers would catch up with the extra pixels as the site keeps growing.

Cheers.

ACID
October 23rd, 2006, 09:41
Nice to know changes are comming. Now can something be done about the members list. Its awfull. I like how it was before now i need to stroll for ever and check for minuts to find someone.

splodger15
October 23rd, 2006, 19:27
Sounds good

ExcruciationX
October 23rd, 2006, 20:21
Great! :)

JKKDARK
October 23rd, 2006, 20:33
Nice changes, the forum is better now :)