PDA

View Full Version : Which Motherboard is good for Overclocking an Intel Core 2 6600?

MrTeressaBond
October 22nd, 2006, 21:59
Which Motherboard is good for Overclocking an Intel Core 2 6600?

alot have recommended the ASUS motherboards as they seem to be the best and good for Overclocking.

i plan to also have a Heatsink tower included for a cooling method.

so i was wondring, which motherboard or wat model of ASUS will be good for overclocking that kind of processor.

can anyone tell me some good models then from ASUS? would the ASUS P5WD2 Premium WIFI TV 955X Intel LGA775 DDR2-800 be a good one then?

or maybe the ASUS P5B/ Deluxe ?

i would really appreciate it. u can ask me any questions and i will try my best at answering them.

splodger15
November 15th, 2006, 15:38
Yeh get an asus P5B Deluxe /WIFI ap

Then get intel core 2 duo e6600

they are what i have ordered for my new pc build

chrono75
November 15th, 2006, 22:07
Why do people overclock CPUs? Does it really matter if you're getting that little bit more power out of it?

BrooksyX
November 16th, 2006, 01:48
I would just go with a good asus motherboard. The higher end asus boards are all good quality and good overclockers. One of the most important things is getting fast ram. I would suggest at least DDR2 800mhz at the slowest. It is important to have fast ram or you wont be able to play with the front side bus at all because if you set it too high you will get errors or even ruin you ram.

splodger15
November 16th, 2006, 17:39
For the asus P5B Deluxe /WIFI ap i would recommend getting Corsair TwinX XMS2 Ram
And a decent graphics card if you are going for crossfire i would say the Radeon x1950 pro
Or if you are going for a normal card i would say the Radeon x1950 XTX

Oh and chrono75 people overclock there pc's to get programs and computer the asus P5B Deluxe /WIFI ap is a great overclocker