PDA

View Full Version : PS3's Hit $2000 As eBay Revises Pre-Sale Auction Policies

wraggster
October 23rd, 2006, 01:26
Via Kotaku

Remember when eBay was shutting down PlayStation 3 auctions, even going so far as to temporarily ban user accounts for listing pre-sale items? Well, that bleak period of time for eBay scalpers has passed. Now, the gouging can continue, nearly unfettered by the overlords at eBay.

So what do you have to do to sell YOUR PlayStation 3 reserve receipt to some chump with too much money combined with too little sense? You, Mr. Seller...

1. Must have a feedback of 50 or more
2. Feedback score must be 98% or higher
3. You can only list one system with a photo of your pre-order recipt
4. You must take PayPal as the only payment option
5. You must include a photo of the receipt of the listing
6. No Buy It Now allowed
7. No one day listing allowed
f you're new to eBay, you better start selling your wares to get that feedback score up. Additionally, there are more rules that pre-sellers must adhere to.

The seller must guarantee that the item will be available for shipping within 30 days from the date of purchase (i.e., the day the listing ends or the date the item is purchased from a store front listing). The seller must also clearly indicate within the listing the fact that the item is a pre-sale item with a delivery date that indicates the item will be shipped by the 30th day from the end date of the listing. Additionally, this text must be no less than the default font size of the eBay Sell-Your-Item form.
The full rules and repurcussions can be found at the Pre-Sale Listing rules page. Anyone interested in screwing over their fellow gamers (or simply taking advantage of a smart capitalistic opportunity) had best get their auction going, as the population of insane PlayStation 3 buyers can't be that large. Can it?

leonstars
October 23rd, 2006, 19:47
thats crazy
buying a ps3 on ebay
look at the prices eeeep
why not just wait until like sometime next year
when there is more of them in stores
and buy one at the regular price
that way there will be more games out
and it will be cheaper than getting it off of ebay

ExcruciationX
October 23rd, 2006, 20:26
Just crazy...

Makaveli777
October 24th, 2006, 05:28
PS3s will be sweet no doubt, but not worth no $2000. $600 is enough. I would be better off driving to a game store and playin the demos everyday until they kick me out.

briyan
October 24th, 2006, 13:49
PS3s will be sweet no doubt, but not worth no $2000. $600 is enough. I would be better off driving to a game store and playin the demos everyday until they kick me out.

that's funny! i do the exact same thing..my ps2 will still tide me over for some time.