PDA

View Full Version : DSFTP v2.3

wraggster
October 23rd, 2006, 01:45
DSFTP (http://giesler.biz/bjoern/en/sw_dsftp.html) is a full-fledged FTP server, with the additional ability to boot .nds files directly from the FTP prompt (currently only tested on SuperCard CF and DS, but should work on most).

DSFTP is a stand-alone program that you can use to run a FTP server on your DS. It is also a software component that makes it easy for you to add an FTP server to your own program with a couple lines of code. With this, you can speed up the build process radically, because you can upload the new version of your program to your own running program, and reboot it immediately. This can even be automated via the command line. No swapping of flash cards ever again! Please refer to the Development section of this document for a quick introduction.

The downloadable archive (get it here) contains the following:

The compiled .nds and .ds.gba files of the stand-alone DSFTP server
The library and headers for the DSFTP software component
Full documentation in PDF and RTF format
The full source code for the stand-alone server program, as an example for how to use the software component

Heres whats in this version:

Noteworthy changes:

o UNZP added (submitted by Bertrand Augereau)
o DS->PC file transfer speeded up a lot (patch to DSWifi submitted by masscat)
o Linked with Devkit R18 again (fixes some showstopper bugs)
o More bugfixes

On the topic of bug reports: reports via email are much preferred to reports posted in the forum, because I can track them much better that way. My email address is right there on DSFTP's GUI. Please include as much information as you can: What you see on the screen, the log output, your hardware configuration, DSFTP version used, etc.

As always, donations are welcome. :-) My Paypal address is the same as my email address.

Have fun!

Regards,
Björn

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Jeromel
October 23rd, 2006, 06:59
Tried on DS-Link. I don't think it's reading the file system at all. Would there be any plans for getting this working on the DS-Link since DS-Link is a Slot1 device? Connectivity wored great btw (even without the config file, or any files, found). I see great potential for this.