PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think is after Death

flame0247
October 23rd, 2006, 05:04
death is one of the most mysterious unanswerd thing out there
What do you guys think will happen after we die?

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 05:12
life.
Nothing (the concept) presents a paradox and it is this paradox IMHO that causes matter to spring forth.

pibs
October 23rd, 2006, 05:17
whats after death hmmm disposal lol
everything has to be thrown away after its gone bad.

Religion = control civilization ;D

heaven or not we all die and end up as disposal hehe

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 05:17
Or maybe recycle :)

flame0247
October 23rd, 2006, 05:25
I say that we will rot in the dirt , but sometimes its better to believe the wrong thing just so it wont be so bad when u die

Destroyer699
October 23rd, 2006, 05:29
I believe we are magically transformed into cookies and are stuck in a never ending cycle of being eaten and reborn as a cookie. A delicious ending every time.

Vendeta
October 23rd, 2006, 05:31
lol...moron...just kiddin...or am i???

pibs
October 23rd, 2006, 05:31
I say that we will rot in the dirt , but sometimes its better to believe the wrong thing just so it wont be so bad when u die
ROFl exactly the same way i feel, cuz its better to believe in something than nothing:)

its funny how the bible talks about how demons and all those evil things happen while humans with their naked eyes could see and we now that its thousands of years later can't witness these things. Are they sure those demons wheren't dinosaurs:p

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 05:37
Can you believe in nothing?
Nothing being a state of non-existence.
Is that even possible.
Think about this:
your whole life you affect light and matter,this ripples outward from you changing the paths of countless particles.Even after you die these particles continue on their path which was altered by you forever.

pibs
October 23rd, 2006, 05:39
dang noquarter ur a deep brother.

leme refrase that as in nothing i mean ignorance hehe

exuse my grammer but english isn't my first language ;D

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 05:42
It's cool about the language,it is the internet after all :)
I just want to percieve things as they really are,a lofty goal I know.Especially since we are all influenced by our ego.
Maybe in our death something new is born,a paradox does always travel in circles after all.Or maybe it travels in spirals :)

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 05:58
here's a question i think you need to figure out before you answer this. do people have a spirit or a soul or whatever you want to call it? if so you cant really answer the previous question by saying you rot. if not then god what a crappy meaningless existence. you live you die game over.

Destroyer699
October 23rd, 2006, 06:16
I don't think we have souls, just minds.

flame0247
October 23rd, 2006, 06:21
IF souls do exsist , what are they exsacly?

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 06:25
The spaces inbetween,the synergy.An object is greater than the sum of it's parts.I can give you a logical exapmle using six line segments from two two-dimensional triangles.

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 06:33
actually spirit not soul was what im referring to. there is a big difference biblically

a biblical view might say something like this........ The Hebrew word for soul is nephesh. Nephesh means "a person," "breath," or "soul" or “life.” Just as there is a difference between atoms and electrons, there is a difference between the soul and the spirit. One is finer than the other.

Saying something has a soul simply means it has life.

our human bodies are flawed and not worth much but the spirit is perfect. death is nothing but the result of those flaws to the body which the soul, which is perfect, survives.

again thats a BIBLICAL view on the topic of souls and spirits agree or disagree im just putting it out there.

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 06:38
Hmm..
Very intersting,so much was lost in the translation to english :(

ACID
October 23rd, 2006, 06:40
I hope a sea of naked girls will be it.:)

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 06:41
ya the only decent translation left in english is from 1611. the king james translations after that as well as all the other's in english are rubbish.

acidburn, you say so many smart things in other thread and then you go and say something like that......:D it seems 3 people are controlling most of these threads on similar topics eh?

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 06:44
Well if your a muslim,acidburn I believe the virgins are promised :)

So much sacred wisdom has been lost to dogma,it really is a shame.Think of how great this world would be if no book was ever destroyed.

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 06:45
only if he is a martyr in a jihad.

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 06:53
Ouch that's kinda rough......
Well that's one way to motivate a group of people.

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 06:56
ya well thats the rule for Muslims. i dont makem, Allah does. or maybe it was Mohamed.......... eh it was one of those guys............

ACID
October 23rd, 2006, 06:59
Well if your a muslim,acidburn I believe the virgins are promised :)

So much sacred wisdom has been lost to dogma,it really is a shame.Think of how great this world would be if no book was ever destroyed.
Crap no im roman catholic. :(

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 07:01
Doh,no virgins for you :(

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 07:02
roman catholic eh? then you get purgatory then heaven right?

mcvader
October 23rd, 2006, 07:15
After I die I'm getting stuffed and put on the couch with a PSP in my hands, joint in my mouth, wearing a T-Shirt with the slogan "take my PSP and I'll haunt you while you're on the John", of course my head will be empty as I plan on getting my Brain Cryrogenicaly Frozen, After all I don't plan on missing the Second coming of Jebus.

NoQuarter
October 23rd, 2006, 07:19
At least if the apoclypse comes we can play our emus on the psp :)

BrooksyX
October 23rd, 2006, 14:52
Simple,
If you accept Jesus Christ as your savior you will go to heaven and have eternal joy. If you turn your back on Jesus you fill face an eternity suffering in hell.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 18:47
wow man, someone had the guts to say it....... ive studied all the major religions for hours and hours every day for the last several years and Christianity, so far, seems like your most logical conclusion. the only problem is that i am yet to find a denomination that isnt full of crap. so far baptist is the closest to being right but i still disagree with like 40% of what they think.

JKKDARK
October 23rd, 2006, 19:16
after death there is nothing

ExcruciationX
October 23rd, 2006, 19:23
I think that you are reborn when you die, as someone else.

Cap'n 1time
October 24th, 2006, 06:43
as all your souls belong to me, I and I alone know... and I am not telling.

ICE
October 24th, 2006, 06:54
scary......... a ninja turtle has my soul!!!

Accordion
October 24th, 2006, 17:48
death is only a concept of human imagination

Cap'n 1time
October 24th, 2006, 19:01
your all a concept of my imagination.
in other words, i am the only one actually alive, and your all just here to entertain me.

Russoxley187
October 24th, 2006, 19:18
i really dont care what happens to me after death, I'm dead, what do I care, but I do care about my kids...

Accordion
October 24th, 2006, 20:11
your all a concept of my imagination.
in other words, i am the only one actually alive, and your all just here to entertain me.

even you are a concept of your imagination.

Cap'n 1time
October 25th, 2006, 06:26
even you are a concept of your imagination.

... dont confuse me.

BlackJack23
November 15th, 2006, 14:23
All religions hold some truth.
Those who deny that are truly lost in their dogmatism.

In my opinion, the major religions of today( Islam, Judaism, Christianity) are all distortions of one perfect truth. There are too many similarities between them to deny this completely.

Take for example in Christianity the story of Isaac. Isaac was told by God to sacrifice his newborn child in the name of The Lord. Isaac solemnly obeyed but just as he was about to slit the child's throat the Lord stopped him. He had passed the test of faith.

There is an exact replication of this in Islam but with a man named Ishmal.

You see, all religions are just the truth told from different perspectives. Is anything ever really the truth? No, at least not to the fullest degree.

iniquitous_beast
November 15th, 2006, 15:25
Everything natural undergoes a cycle of death and recreation. Trees and animals rot, but their bodies become the elements of other animals' bodies. If spiritual matter obeys the same laws, then once we die, our souls will be reduced to their basic elements. Eventually, many of those elements will be reused in the construction of new souls - some animal, some human, and some plant. We will not be reborn as any one entity, but pieces of us will be present in many of the things that live after us.

BlackJack23
November 15th, 2006, 16:53
If thats the case, we will never exist as the same consciousness and therefore we, as we are now will cease to exist.

To most people that would be the same as having nothing after life. And that is the thought which so many (including myself) find horrifying.

chrono75
November 16th, 2006, 00:17
Nothing... However, aliens believe strongly in reincarnation, so, that might be an answer. But, alien also believe that there is no type of supreme God. Also, your spirit is part of an infinite number of spirits that are like your own so if you're reincarnated back on Earth you have the worst luck in the universe!

Shadowblind
November 16th, 2006, 00:56
Nothing. The Bible states: "In death your thoughts do perish. You return to the dust in which you came." In other words its dreamless sleep. You cease to exist.

Destroyer699
November 16th, 2006, 02:33
Think about being nothing. Having no mind to think. It is impossible to imagine what it would be like. That is why it is so scary.

gunntims0103
November 16th, 2006, 02:40
Nothing. The Bible states: "In death your thoughts do perish. You return to the dust in which you came." In other words its dreamless sleep. You cease to exist.
wait but i thought the bible was suppose to be when you die you go to heaven or hell not a dreamless sleep now im confused..... God wants us to worship him so that when we die we can have dreamless sleep:confused: ......... thats just rough:(

Kramer
November 16th, 2006, 02:45
See following a religion is bullshite.

gunntims0103
November 16th, 2006, 02:47
See following a religion is bullshite.

religion brings ppl comfort and happyness = conflict

iniquitous_beast
November 16th, 2006, 02:56
If thats the case, we will never exist as the same consciousness and therefore we, as we are now will cease to exist.

To most people that would be the same as having nothing after life. And that is the thought which so many (including myself) find horrifying.

It is horrifying because you still have a life ahead of you. Compare life to a game, in this instance. A young person is like a character who has not yet reached the end of the game. An older person, however, who has lived out most of his life, is more like a character who has completed his epic quest, and only now lingers in the game world to get a 100% completion rating. Once the excitement and the expectation is done, a player has nothing to look forward to except the next great game. In time, even the coolest character and game world loses its allure; and a gamer will happily trade it all away to start at lv.1 with a new character in a new world, with new adventures to look forward to.

The benefit of my belief, in this example, is that a person does not get jaded from too much accumulated life experience. When you start over, everything is magical and new to you once again; and your personal flaws are wiped away. You truly get to start fresh. That is something everybody can appreciate, since nobody can honestly say that there is not something about themselves that they wouldn't like to wipe away.

SnesR0X
November 16th, 2006, 03:16
All religions hold some truth.
Those who deny that are truly lost in their dogmatism.

In my opinion, the major religions of today( Islam, Judaism, Christianity) are all distortions of one perfect truth. There are too many similarities between them to deny this completely.

Take for example in Christianity the story of Isaac. Isaac was told by God to sacrifice his newborn child in the name of The Lord. Isaac solemnly obeyed but just as he was about to slit the child's throat the Lord stopped him. He had passed the test of faith.

There is an exact replication of this in Islam but with a man named Ishmal.

You see, all religions are just the truth told from different perspectives. Is anything ever really the truth? No, at least not to the fullest degree.

if that was actually true then god would be a sicko

gunntims0103
November 16th, 2006, 03:29
its like the anime "full metal achemist". understand that anime and you'll understand religion and tragity.

SnesR0X
November 16th, 2006, 03:38
its like the anime "full metal achemist". understand that anime and you'll understand religion and tragity.

how??:confused: is that what the anime is about?

gunntims0103
November 16th, 2006, 03:43
how??:confused: is that what the anime is about?

the anime "full metal achemist" is about two kids blah blah blah who try to find the answer to life, death, achemy, religion (a made up one in the anime called ishbal) , concquences, human rights, equivalent exchange. its really good anime and it will give you a perspective on life. the funny thing is, its the first anime that anwsers life questions

SnesR0X
November 16th, 2006, 04:03
sounds.... interesting
...?

ICE
November 16th, 2006, 04:08
ben franklin was a alchemist