PDA

View Full Version : unique PS2 problem

NK1
August 3rd, 2004, 08:12
I am looking for advice on a perculiar problem theat i am experiencing with my PS2.
I have noticed that when i put a DVD in the drive, the reading disc message appears then dissapears after about 1 second as if there is nothing to read.
Also when there is no disc in the drive and you try to open the tray, it gets stuck and the only option is to force it open with something.
Could these problems be due to dust in the mechanisms fixable by a lens cleaner or is it somehting more serious.

thank you

Eric
August 3rd, 2004, 08:19
Well you could try getting a lens cleaner first and trying that out cause nobody probably could tell you the problem and vacuum out the fan as dust might have got into the motor or whatever it is that makes the drive open

Cap'n 1time
August 3rd, 2004, 09:12
I had a friend that had a similar problem, I took it apart and found some junk lodged in the gear of dvd rom drive. Also there was alot of crap covering his lense - he is one of thoghs college slobs. Unless you know what your doing, I dont recomend you take yours apart, but ther're repair places that do that sort of thing.

I do recomend you try a lense cleaner first.

Eric
August 3rd, 2004, 09:19
1timeuser is completely right. I also recommend you to not smoke by the maching or even the same room with the maching. It has a fan where air enters into the machine and tar can start getting into the machine messing it up and also with taking it apart this is a Deep Warning i do not recommend you to take apart your PSX2 as my brother no longer has a PS2 from doing that.

Eric

snipersnake
September 15th, 2004, 01:46
very unique indeed... :o