PDA

View Full Version : Konami Announces Limited Edition Gift with Purchase for Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

wraggster
October 23rd, 2006, 21:24
Via IGN (http://uk.games.ign.com/articles/741/741151p1.html)

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that just in time for the 20th anniversary of the Castlevania series, consumers who pre-order Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the Nintendo DS at Gamestop, EB Games and GameCrazy locations nationwide will receive, at the time of purchase, a limited edition box set at no additional cost containing items that document the history of this legendary franchise. Highlighting 20 years of one of the most celebrated video game series of all time, the Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin limited edition gift with purchase comes in a highly collectible wax-sealed box and includes the following items:

Art Book: This 48 page book details the artwork of every game in the Castlevania series and features an embossed cover.

20th Anniversary Soundtrack CD: Spanning 20 years of music that has defined the Castlevania series, this soundtrack contains songs from nearly every Castlevania game ever made, including four never before released tracks from Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

Stylus and DS Game Case: Emblazoned with the Castlevania logo, this extendable stylus is sure to give virtual vampire hunters the edge in their next handheld encounter with Dracula, while the transparent game case lets gamers keep both Castlevania DS adventures out of harm's way.

Timeline Poster: Detailing key events and characters in the history of Castlevania, this fold out poster features a timeline on the front and a Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin poster on the back.
Breaking new ground in the Castlevania series, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin lets players continue the battle against the evil minions of the night as two playable characters, Jonathan Morris and Charlotte Aulin. Players can choose to use Jonathan's whip-cracking melee abilities or Charlotte's magical prowess individually or team up together for the first time in the history of the franchise as they explore all new levels and environments. Players can also play online with friends and wirelessly trade items using the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection service.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin will be available for the Nintendo DS this December. For more information, please visit www.konami.com

kcajblue
October 24th, 2006, 01:44
those extras are alright i guess.

BelmontSlayer
October 24th, 2006, 06:07
Alright?! They're freaking awsome! Most of the time you get nothing for pre-ordering, but with this you get an Artbook, Soundtrack, Stylus/Case & Poster. I'm so gonna get this now! ^_^

kcajblue
October 24th, 2006, 06:17
alright. i wouldnt mind having the artbook, poster, and maybe the soundtrack. not so much on the stylus and case.

Amethyst
October 24th, 2006, 07:16
???

What's wrong with an extra stylus and a case for your cartridge? I keep my spare DS game inside a CF case and wouldn't mind one designed for the DS cartridge.

Although it would of been better if it were a DS pouch with a pocket for DS games.

Adrenalin
October 24th, 2006, 12:01
nice bonus

kcajblue
October 25th, 2006, 00:03
???

What's wrong with an extra stylus and a case for your cartridge? I keep my spare DS game inside a CF case and wouldn't mind one designed for the DS cartridge.

Although it would of been better if it were a DS pouch with a pocket for DS games.its a stupid extendable stylus.
i dont use DS cartridge cases because they are dumb.