View Full Version : PSP Game Maker Lua Script Generator

wraggster
October 23rd, 2006, 22:31
New release from Dragula96

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/dragula96/gamemaker.jpg

hi all,
i have been hard at work all day today to bring you this little app demo

its a game maker for psp
you import sprites to it and tell it what you want it to do when you press the controls and it generates the lua code for you!

it's still in its early stages but here it is

Under Request the file can only be downloaded at Dragula96 site (http://www.laredowebmasters.com/psp/apps/gamemaker/)

DragonPimpsta
October 23rd, 2006, 22:35
i didnt try this yet but a game maker app is WHAT IVE BEEN WAITING FOR, YOU RULE! =D

TCLCloud
October 23rd, 2006, 22:42
Swwet thats pretty cool, should get some more people working on the scene.....

jman420
October 23rd, 2006, 22:53
that is cool... I can see this going somewhere

jools
October 23rd, 2006, 23:01
I made one of these once but didn't have the time to finish it.

looks great, keep it up

lamo_PSP_king
October 23rd, 2006, 23:17
YYAAAYYYYY what ive been waiting for one of these for ages keep it up plz ty

Jpdeathblade
October 23rd, 2006, 23:23
Why must you ignore the MAC ='(

*Goes to happy place*

ICE
October 23rd, 2006, 23:23
fantastic idea this will hopefully let people with little coding skills make a game.

scarph
October 23rd, 2006, 23:35
great little idea
unfortunately it will only produce pretty crappy sprite based games

the real coders will make good games...like your tym, i like that

anyways thanks for the app we shall have a million mario does this games on the front page.

acn010
October 23rd, 2006, 23:41
its good, creates more people to create their own game ideas :)

Vendeta
October 24th, 2006, 00:57
I am soooo happy i can finaly make stuff on psp! yey!

KlicK
October 24th, 2006, 01:25
Nice idea. Nicely exceuted.

But now lots of people will probably try to pass these 'games' off and be considered LUA coders.

Vendeta
October 24th, 2006, 01:32
Make a new section for semi-lua-coder's lol it would work! Never know u could use it as a training program and stuff if u get positive feedback ull be more incouraged to make full lua games.

DefaultGen
October 24th, 2006, 02:17
This doesn't really do anything besides move some sprites around the screen with no interaction does it?

I hope there's some cool progress at least :)

Vendeta
October 24th, 2006, 02:29
ya i cant get the file to apere in the folder ARGGG!!

gotmilk0112
October 24th, 2006, 02:53
sweet! this is just like Game Maker (www.gamemaker.nl)!!

i cant wait to make some little psp games! =D

jman420
October 24th, 2006, 03:46
Nice idea. Nicely exceuted.

But now lots of people will probably try to pass these 'games' off and be considered LUA coders.

Didnt you learn that pissing people off is bad?!

This is one of those things that just helps people make games, I dont think that anyone can make anythinig to complicated with it, so therefore, if they wanted to make a game worthy of release, they would have to code somthing in Lua, and then they would be Lua coders....

so someone could pass off the background and sprite viewer that you can make with this program, but someone else could build on it...

I can code in Lua, so this doesent help me much, but to someone this could be a great first time coder to make a game, and build on it...

being2
October 24th, 2006, 06:46
"the real coders will make good games"

No. It's good designers who make good games, not coders.

Mr. Shizzy
October 24th, 2006, 07:09
I think this is totally awesome !!! :D :) Thank you. I look foward to updates. This is just whay alot of ppl need. (including me) :)

Vega
October 24th, 2006, 08:39
Now this is the sort of app I've been waiting for! Being a total noob at coding... this should prove useful! Thanks Dragula!

pibs
October 24th, 2006, 08:45
its is useful and not hard at all to figure out but ima try making one out of scratch instead ><

pspwog
October 24th, 2006, 08:57
Bro

Vega
October 24th, 2006, 09:01
well... after downloading... I noticed that this is still only proof of concept. What is good about this is for us noobs.. is we could create a quick and dirty lua file... then explore it to learn what some commands are.. without reading tedious lua tutorials. This should hopefully get alot better with further releases.. but at the minute it is still very early . Never the less... a great release for anyone who is willing it learn lua by jumping right in.

Poem58
October 24th, 2006, 12:22
I agree...I have never coded a game..not even in Basic which I had a good handle on...Now I can give this a look and see if I could learn how to make something...Ideas, Ideas...have some but no way til now to explore the possibility....great idea..let just hope this goes from proof of concept to full fledged create a game so those of us who just take games can contribute by making games...yeah some will suck (like any I could make) but some will be simple yet creative I think....

Edit: actually I did create a football trivia game in High School on the old Apple II...it was text based but I did actually create a game (everyone else in class had simple trivia I had actual field positions and if you most of the questions right and scored the touchdown a random number generator kicked in and you could win or lose by the field goal attempt either you made it,it was blocked or the block was recovered and you ran it in for the score) I'd love to try something similar again...hope this leads to it!!

Psyberjock
October 24th, 2006, 15:32
Why must you ignore the MAC ='(

*Goes to happy place*

Why are you abandoning the PC? T-T

mesosade
October 24th, 2006, 16:22
Bro
don't do one word posts thier a waste of thread space
anyways tried the app great idea probably won't download again till later on. Besides if you do finish this you are gonna go down in histry and also cause the biggest uploads of random games ever! (NOT A BAD THING!)

splodger15
October 24th, 2006, 16:23
Thanks for this Dragula96 keep up the updates i will find this program very handy indeed

dragula96
October 24th, 2006, 16:41
Thank you all for your wonderful words.

and thank you to the site admins for not posting the download on YOUR own site.

to support my app in the best way possible please keep it on my site and do not hotlink to the file itself.

please keep visiting my website and click on the ads.
i need to generate traffic to make money.
that way i can keep working on this project.

p.s.
I already added the rest of the controls to the setup controls: cross, triangle, square, circle, R, L, and select have been added, i need to work on some more stuff like a screen that reads "Made With PSP Game Maker" Intro.

and some other stuff.. be checking my website for updates please.

----------------------------------
please dont expect much from the first cuple of relases, this is from the ground up and the first couple of releases will only deal with "static" sprites.
with no animation support. you will probably be able to make games like pong and brak out probably.

and only .jpg support for the first few versions.(because VB6 does not support .png files) I have to find a way around some limitations.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 24th, 2006, 16:43
looks like it can be good!

splodger15
October 24th, 2006, 17:05
looks like it can be good!

to many userbars

S34MU5
October 24th, 2006, 17:21
to many userbars
Splodger your post have double since i last saw you about 2 days ago:confused:

splodger15
October 24th, 2006, 17:22
Splodger your post have double since i last saw you about 2 days ago:confused:

I have been posting in the junk forum

gamerremag
October 24th, 2006, 19:00
uh,,, getting back to the forum,

thanks for making this, i have been wanting to make games for psp for a long time. i have so much software, but havent gotten around to it.

splodger15
October 24th, 2006, 19:52
uh,,, getting back to the forum,

thanks for making this, i have been wanting to make games for psp for a long time. i have so much software, but havent gotten around to it.

Do you know how to use this

ninja66
February 26th, 2009, 02:28
thankyou guys for this sick prog. i think this will definately help

bobswert1
May 12th, 2009, 00:29
what do i click to download it