PDA

View Full Version : Lik-Sang.com Out of Business due to Multiple Sony Lawsuits!

Darksaviour69
October 24th, 2006, 15:51
Lik-Sang.com has been forced Out of Business due to Multiple Sony Lawsuits. In an article posted on their site they have a pop at staff from Sony that where happy to use Lik-Sang only just 9 months ago!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - OUT OF BUSINESS NOTICE

Hong Kong, October 24th of 2006 - Lik-Sang.com, the popular gaming retailer from Hong Kong, has today announced that it is forced to close down due to multiple legal actions brought against it by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Sony claimed that Lik-Sang infringed its trade marks, copyright and registered design rights by selling Sony PSP consoles from Asia to European customers, and have recently obtained a judgment in the High Court of London (England) rendering Lik-Sang's sales of PSP consoles unlawful.

As of today, Lik-Sang.com will not be in the position to accept any new orders and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund any store credits held by the company, and the customer support department is taking care of any open transactions such as pending RMAs or repairs and shipping related matters. The staff of Lik-Sang will make sure that nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal.

A Sony spokesperson declined to comment directly on the lawsuit against Lik-Sang, but recently went on to tell Gamesindustry.biz that "ultimately, we're trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that does not conform to strict EU or UK consumer safety standards, due to voltage supply differences et cetera; is not - in PS3's case - backwards compatible with either PS1 or PS2 software; will not play European Blu-Ray movies or DVDs; and will not be covered by warranty".

Lik Sang strongly disagrees with Sony's opinion that their customers need this kind of protection and pointed out that PSP consoles shipped from Lik-Sang contained genuine Sony 100V-240V AC Adapters that carry CE and other safety marks and are compatible world wide. All PSP consoles were in conformity with all EU and UK consumer safety regulations.

Furthermore, Sony have failed to disclose to the London High Court that not only the world wide gaming community in more than 100 countries relied on Lik-Sang for their gaming needs, but also Sony Europe's very own top directors repeatedly got their Sony PSP hard or software imports in nicely packed Lik-Sang parcels with free Lik-Sang Mugs or Lik-Sang Badge Holders, starting just two days after Japan's official release, as early as 14th of December 2004 (more than nine months earlier than the legal action). The list of PSP related Sony Europe orders reads like the who's who of the videogames industry, and includes Ray Maguire (Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Alan Duncan (UK Marketing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Chris Sorrell (Creative Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Rob Parkin (Development Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited), just to name a few.

"Today is Sony Europe victory about PSP, tomorrow is Sony Europe’s ongoing pressure about PlayStation 3. With this precedent set, next week could already be the stage for complaints from Sony America about the same thing, or from other console manufacturers about other consoles to other regions, or even from any publisher about any specific software title to any country they don’t see fit. It’s the beginning of the end... of the World as we know it", stated Pascal Clarysse, formerly known as the Marketing Manager of Lik-Sang.com.

"Blame it on Sony. That's the latest dark spot in their shameful track record as gaming industry leader. The Empire finally 'won', few dominating retailers from the UK probably will rejoice the news, but everybody else in the gaming world lost something today."

Source: :Lik-sang.com (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901)

digg it (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Lik_Sang_com_Out_of_Business_due_to_Multiple_Sony_ Lawsuits_3)

mesosade
October 24th, 2006, 16:01
ffs! why sony! why! take your money-laundering ps3 and shove it up your ass!

jerrt
October 24th, 2006, 16:01
but.... but...... but i love lik-sang :(

this isn't fair. they deals, the access to import games, the reviews......

i never thought i would say this, but i just lost a little piece of my sony dedication....

edit: this makes me mad because they killed lik-sang, and it is only going to look bad for them. they don't need more negative pr. grrr, i'm so confused...

breizhatavpilamiks
October 24th, 2006, 16:06
That's it. That was the final straw (though by far not one of the first; remember the nice little rootkit they added to their audio CDs?).
After countless years of Micro$oft holding the title, I hereby officially declare Sony the new Evil Empire. There's only one response: boycott PSP and Ps3.

Xiofire
October 24th, 2006, 16:09
Damn yew Sony! Damn YEW!

dejkirkby
October 24th, 2006, 16:09
I got my first PSP from Lik-Sang. Can anyone else hear the death knoll for free trade?

jerrt
October 24th, 2006, 16:11
"It’s the beginning of the end... of the World as we know it", stated Pascal Clarysse"

too true. ]:

Is'lan
October 24th, 2006, 16:13
**** SONY!! I only take pleasure out of the fact that they will soon be pushed out of the market from their poor sales on to the streets where they belong.

Meekasko
October 24th, 2006, 16:14
Wth

Basil Zero
October 24th, 2006, 16:18
it was bounded to happen anyways

Is'lan
October 24th, 2006, 16:19
That's it. That was the final straw (though by far not one of the first; remember the nice little rootkit they added to their audio CDs?).
After countless years of Micro$oft holding the title, I hereby officially declare Sony the new Evil Empire. There's only one response: boycott PSP and Ps3.

SECOND!

Veskgar
October 24th, 2006, 16:20
Making more enemies SONY aren't ya? Not a good idea especially with the way things have been going lately.

MikeDX
October 24th, 2006, 16:20
As cartman would say

Sony, can kiss my balls.

I will not buy another sony product again.. well, actually i'm buying lots of second hand psps but sony dont get any money off me from that!

240-185
October 24th, 2006, 16:27
Fortunately, I bought a second hand PSP :/
I'm getting ashamed when I see this kind of agressivity :/

Martin
October 24th, 2006, 16:28
Wow this is certainly a shocker, we've been in business with lik-sang for years (I run a video game store).

trezzer
October 24th, 2006, 16:28
Sony are making enemies like Don Giovanni.

It's complete boycott time. :mad:

bm4n
October 24th, 2006, 16:29
i wish $ony were an 8 year old girl so i could punch her in the face.

aries2k4
October 24th, 2006, 16:31
A very sad day. My favorite company to import from has been closed down due to the ruthfullness of the unmerciful $ony. For what?? Because they were exporting legitimate $ony products. this is another example of no justice for the little guy.
It´s a damn shame really. I actually like some of $ony´s products but I´ve had enough of there tactics.
Yes I remember the rootkit. I also remember them denying it until they couldn´t deny it no more. breaching customers rights and then lying about it.
Shameful.
Screw you $ony. your showing your utter contempt for the customer. real smart, since they support your company

Hevyduty
October 24th, 2006, 16:37
Hopefully, Lik-Sang will dissolve and those who run it will create a new online store much like the old one...albeit without the ability to export Sony products.

Sony no longer deserves my business as a gamer. I should have taken this stance long ago when Sony sued Bleem out of existence.

I will now only buy a PS3 (since Sony loses money on the system) when and if it is hacked. Then I will do a lot of stuff with that hardware that Sony would totally not approve of.

LAW666
October 24th, 2006, 16:37
c**ts, simple as.
they have crap sales and the think its because of imported games, they obviously dont realise that people want some games that are unnavailable here, like bleach or naruto games .
Scum

superfrenzy
October 24th, 2006, 16:38
I hope an asteroid in the shape of a Nintendo DS squashes the Sony headquarters.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 24th, 2006, 16:38
SONY is just gay.........

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 24th, 2006, 16:48
seems like ive lost an old freind beeen using them for years.RIP Lik sang :(

brainpan
October 24th, 2006, 16:49
Man....I loved LIK-SANG. Maybe it would be nice if all of us over here at DCEMU sent LIK-SANG a farewell "card" or something?

gavind
October 24th, 2006, 16:56
Hopefully, Lik-Sang will dissolve and those who run it will create a new online store much like the old one...albeit without the ability to export Sony products.

Sony no longer deserves my business as a gamer. I should have taken this stance long ago when Sony sued Bleem out of existence.

I will now only buy a PS3 (since Sony loses money on the system) when and if it is hacked. Then I will do a lot of stuff with that hardware that Sony would totally not approve of.

I agree, buy a PS3 so Sony lose money and wait for it to be hacked

JD/
October 24th, 2006, 16:56
Man I have been using lik-sang for ages I loved the freebies with redemption points now that piece of $hit sony have come and taken liksang down my favourite online games retailer. I hope sony lose money big time AC get the ps1 emu up so they can lose money on that and I hope they dont get any game sales from now on. I will not buy any sony product that will put money into their money grubbing greedy pockets.

PS: F(_)CK you $ony (I hope you come back into business liksang my regards go out to you).

F9zDark
October 24th, 2006, 17:12
This is exactly what big name companies do, especially when the legal water surrounding the case is murky. It also didn't help that the judge was bought out by Sony...

Sony got what they wanted but you know what? Sony aint getting my business. I am hereby officially boycotting Sony from now on, and I suggest everyone else do the same, especially the Europeans, because it is patently obvious that Sony shut down Lik-Sang to prevent Europeans from getting PS3s early.

Boycott Sony everyone. Maybe if they lose enough money on all fronts, they will make some drastic changes to how they do business.

Aryn
October 24th, 2006, 17:12
I have been apprehensive towards SONY in the past, but after reading this I have decided not to purchase a SONY product again. And I say this as one who is not even in a region that is affected by this crap.

JKKDARK
October 24th, 2006, 17:15
OMG, I can't believe. Lik-Sang.com is dead :(
Then we will see A LOT of sites closing soon..

S34MU5
October 24th, 2006, 17:15
Well thats GAY

Paiku
October 24th, 2006, 17:16
Lik-sang.. haha. plus comme raped-sang hahaa.

Oops
What Sony did to us consumers and video games fans is just another trahison. Remember Bleem, remember the audio CD rootkit, remember when they admitted they let the PS1 being pirated to let it dominate the market. They don't care about us, they do only about their benefits. Don't support them anymore. Try to buy good games on another platforms.

benn
there goes my PS3!!!

here is the email they send out:

Dear valued customer,

unfortunately, Lik Sang is forced to close its virtual doors for good. This
comes as a consequence of the several legal actions brought on us by Sony.
For more information on the situation, please point your browser to the
following link:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

Therefore, as soon as humanly possible, we will cancel all existing orders,
including yours, and issue refunds where necessary.

Please note that it may take anywhere from a few days up to a week or two
for refunds to be processed by PayPal, your bank or your credit card
company, so please don't worry if you don't see it immediately on your
balance statement. You can rest assured that Lik-Sang is monitoring the
situation closely with all involved parties. No single customer will be
caught in the crossfire of this ordeal.

We are sorry to have to go, and we wish to thank you sincerely your support
over the past decade.

Warm regards and a big THANK YOU from the entire Hong Kong crew.

Team Lik-Sang

lumisi
October 24th, 2006, 17:17
Everyone at DCemu should boycott new sony products ... and blu-ray as well. F**k $ony.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 24th, 2006, 17:19
Doe's that mean the ad on the site ^ will be going ?.

Takean
October 24th, 2006, 17:23
Yea, u can count me out on buying anything again from Sony. I bought a few things from Lik-Sang.com...but not a lot. Never had a problem with them. I think the victory today has shown that corporations are getting too big, and too dictatorship-like. They hurt their customers. Their make it impossible for smaller companies to compete. And they treat their employees like trash.

If you truely want to hurt Sony, then you have to boycott their products...not just the consoles, but computers and other items. It will take a loong while, but eventually, by spreading the word, and sales dropping, Sony will have to do what Sega did a few years ago...possibly more. It's possible, and I'm all for it. Sony has gotten to big for their pants, and it's time for the consumer base to put them back into their place.

One other thing...you can bet Sony expected the homebrew community to react like this..and whats worse, they figured it was ok and that we wouldn't have that much of an impact on their sales.....

...Prove them wrong!

ExcruciationX
October 24th, 2006, 17:25
Damn Sony! :mad:

benn
October 24th, 2006, 17:33
If you truely want to hurt Sony, then you have to boycott their products...not just the consoles, but computers and other items.

no problem.

i would never buy their laptops anyway (likely to explode)
and most of their movies are shite.

it does make me think "f*ck it... warez all the way on sony products" lol. as that is the only way that i can screw them back.

jwilds73
October 24th, 2006, 17:34
This is completely wrong I have used Lik-Sang numerous times to purchase things. I will also be boycotting Sony products from here on out. Looks like I am getting an xbox 360 or Wii. Does anyone know where to send our emails to so as to let them know how this makes us feel?

wraggster
October 24th, 2006, 17:44
im stunned and gobsmacked, bang goes my ****in wii order too :(

F9zDark
October 24th, 2006, 17:48
Emails doesn't matter. Money matters. The only way to make Sony stop their shitty practices:

A)Organize a worldwide, multimillion person boycott of ALL Sony goods.

B)Attempt to garner support from Sony stock holders or other influential parties.

C)Destory the PS3 production and distribution plants, to prevent any PS3s from being made or released. This loss alone would force the PS3 to either, never be released or be launched again in 2-5 years. By that time Sony may have learned a thing or two about being a good business.

Added:

IF we could organize enough support, we could maybe even get Nintendo and Microsoft (depending on their disposition towards Lik-Sang) to speak out against Sony. If either of those two companies brought to light Sony's shitty practices, you can bet Sony would see a marked reduction in profits across the board.

Not to mention, Microsoft and Nintendo could hire lawyers to overturn that judge's cracked out decision; especially if it hurts their business.

Vega
October 24th, 2006, 17:52
Holy crap. I cant believe this......

mmcmill
October 24th, 2006, 18:03
**** YOU SONY ASSHoles

it will be hard to boicott BUT GOD DAMN ill try as hard as i can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gymnotropic
October 24th, 2006, 18:16
That's pretty low-down.

ACID
October 24th, 2006, 18:21
Holly F**king S**** Sony has to be the biggest hypocritical baster industry in the entire world. Stating we only want whats good for the customer. If that was true then why do you Sony pricks release your councils and games at different times in the world. If you truly believe what you said witch i know they don't. Then make a world wide release . Sony sucks big C***. I wish they hack the PS3 the first day its release. And everybody in the entire world stops buying there stuff and just downloaded. Maybe just maybe then they will think to appreciate the consumer and stop messing around with the people that actually let us buy what we want. Crap we aren't stupid Sony we know we need adapters and all that stuff for different country's. We ain't going to try to fit a plug where it doesn't belong other then you f---ing ceos asses.

modcase
October 24th, 2006, 18:26
Yeah thats what I was just about to say. So much for no money down preoders, toss all of those out the window.

Nothing beats camping outside the night before the consoles released right? (meh)

Middie 0205
October 24th, 2006, 18:29
Really you guys need to get over it. You knew that at some point someone would look into what Lik-sang was doing and shut them down. It's sad yes, but Sony makes so much money they don't really care if they piss a few people. So they do what makes them the most money. And you can say you will boycott all you want but Sony has a whole country of fanboys, So even if you get 100 thousand people to boycott you haven't even taken away 1% of there total revenue. So all in all Lik-Sang broke the law and they were shut down but it's sad it was over such a small thing. So maybe a new site will come up that does the same services but without breaking laws.

grit
October 24th, 2006, 18:34
As I always said: $ony IS the f***** Devil!!

ACID
October 24th, 2006, 18:36
I agree with you middie. And hopefully your comments don't get you really flamed. Not good to go on the side of the big greedy monster. We are aware of Sony's fan boys base region and all we know we don't make even a scratch on the list. But where theres hope theres happiness.

E.J.
October 24th, 2006, 18:38
Whats next?? Divineo? SuccessHK??, PlayAsia??...

$ony is just trying to scare us, but we must not fall in their trap

tsurumaru
October 24th, 2006, 18:38
So all in all Lik-Sang broke the law and they were shut down but it's sad it was over such a small thing. So maybe a new site will come up that does the same services but without breaking laws.

I think the whole point of this is, what law did Lik Sang actually break?

Clearly many of Sony's own employee's didn't feel Lik Sang was doing anything wrong otherwise why would the following have purchased through them?

Ray Maguire (Managing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Alan Duncan (UK Marketing Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Chris Sorrell (Creative Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd), Rob Parkin (Development Director, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited).

SiZiOUS
October 24th, 2006, 18:39
really too bad for lik-sang. i loved the dc section. :(

ACID
October 24th, 2006, 18:40
I will keep on buying from all mentioned by E.T oops mi bad E.J and hope sony burns. Or at least that the CEOs cant get it up ever again.lmfao

alienanthropologist
October 24th, 2006, 18:41
i wish $ony were an 8 year old girl so i could punch her in the face.

Thank you for that comment. You've put a smile back on my face. LOL

modcase
October 24th, 2006, 18:43
... Sony makes so much money...

Really? They are? Since last time I heard they were being squashed pretty badly by some judgements themselves.

PS3 semiconductor production delay loss : $330 million
PS3 Japan price drop loss : $160 million
PS3 HDMI inclusion loss : $140 million
SCEI's present platform loss(namely PSP) : $300 million
-----------------------------------------------------------------
SCEI's total new loss : $930 million
SCEI's already accounted PS3 loss : $1.8 billion
--------------------------------------------------------
Total SCEI loss by March 31st 2007 : $2.73 billion

MUDD
October 24th, 2006, 18:43
LONG LIVE SONY .the evil empire ,yeah im so happy to hear they won this and drove them law breaking Hong Kongeans out, you know the asian countrys have a big piracy problems and what not ,link sang for whatever reason was breaking some law and got busted, so what sense when do we advacate law breaking on this site (when it helps us )you cry babys make me sick .

not one person here will care after they post there comment and move on to the next psp game they pirate (from sony)tityybabbbbys

Middie 0205
October 24th, 2006, 18:45
Acid I agree but at the same time people like Sony but not how they run business. Sony is going down the tubes so there doing anything they can to raise their profit margins and unfortunately for us they take away things we like to make more money. So all I’m saying is look at it from Sony’s point of view they loose money from sites like Lik-Sang. So of course they try to take them down. Not because they think it will hurt us or whatever but because they need the money to make new movie, games, and consoles.

arch stanton
October 24th, 2006, 18:48
^ Truly hilarious post. ^
The one ending with tityybabbbbys. :D

crypysmoker
October 24th, 2006, 18:51
See, its actions liek this that make me never want to spend money on a sony product again.

sony is so hurt for money because thats all they think about.. that they are taking it from anywhere they can get thier greedy hands on it

alienanthropologist
October 24th, 2006, 18:52
Acid I agree but at the same time people like Sony but not how they run business. Sony is going down the tubes so there doing anything they can to raise their profit margins and unfortunately for us they take away things we like to make more money. So all I’m saying is look at it from Sony’s point of view they loose money from sites like Lik-Sang. So of course they try to take them down. Not because they think it will hurt us or whatever but because they need the money to make new movie, games, and consoles.
LOL! I love your sense of humour!

tsurumaru
October 24th, 2006, 18:53
not one person here will care after they post there comment and move on to the next psp game they pirate (from sony)tityybabbbbys

Mudd, you really can't even grasp the concept of what this is about can you? If you've ever wanted to import a game and therefore legitimately pay for the software this affects you, it does not relate to piracy.

In fact here's one of the best quotes I've read that illustrates the situation.

"Well Sony, Lik-Sang is where I was buying Japanese PS2 games from. Looks like I'll have to start downloading them you Nazi f*!%s."

Nice way to increase piracy Sony, way to go......

Cap'n 1time
October 24th, 2006, 18:53
LONG LIVE SONY .the evil empire ,yeah im so happy to hear they won this and drove them law breaking Hong Kongeans out, you know the asian countrys have a big piracy problems and what not ,link sang for whatever reason was breaking some law and got busted, so what sense when do we advacate law breaking on this site (when it helps us )you cry babys make me sick .

... lik sang sold no pirated goods. they only cry babies are sony fan boys like yourself who feel it necessary to defend their Nazi company. No laws were broken and nothing illegal was advocated. Before you decide to type something as ridiculous as this please do the research and think it through. the iq of many people who read these forums just dropped because of you. have a nice day.

ACID
October 24th, 2006, 18:54
Yeah but nobody realizes that Sony the hypocrites they are lost a patten lawsuit worth millions over the PSP and several other cameras and stuff. all worth over 600 mill so if nobody believes me about that check agear patents thats who Sony F**** stoled the idea from. And then they stand there and say they want whats best. They want whats best for there wallet. I hope we see the next dead counsil.

T-2000
October 24th, 2006, 18:59
go get iso loaders...lol kill em... sorry bad mood coming out.. :)

idapimp
October 24th, 2006, 19:02
thats bullshit

Kcen
October 24th, 2006, 19:11
Yup sony really took the cake for evil for corp behavior this time.

I mean I just started ordering from likksang, just got my gp2x there.. this is reallysad.

I do think they will be back eventually but.. I mean does sony really need more bad press.

October 24th, 2006, 19:12
You mean Sony did something wrong? And the majority of the internet is going crazy? I've never heard that before :rolleyes:

To the people who are going to "boycott" Sony's products and download Sony ISOs: You aren't going to make a difference whatsoever, shut-up.

I hardly think this is a wise decision by Sony, but its not all their fault. Think about the pressure from the movie industry. There may not be region encoding for games, but there is for Blu-Ray movies. Not to mention Sony has its own movie industry it needs to protect.

And this "FUXXX $0NY" mentality needs to go, sure you're angry, but judging by the way some people are reacting you'd think Sony started a Holocaust.

T-2000
October 24th, 2006, 19:16
to be honest i not mad i had and sold my psp, im happy with my Gp2x.. and im not into iso loaders just sony always been a pain.

Veskgar
October 24th, 2006, 19:16
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could get lower firmware (downgradable) PSP's without the TA-082 motherboard? Any other reputable websites?

Cap'n 1time
October 24th, 2006, 19:19
You mean Sony did something wrong? And the majority of the internet is going crazy? I've never heard that before :rolleyes:

To the people who are going to "boycott" Sony's products and download Sony ISOs: You aren't going to make a difference whatsoever, shut-up.

I hardly think this is a wise decision by Sony, but its not all their fault. Think about the pressure from the movie industry. There may not be region encoding for games, but there is for Blu-Ray movies. Not to mention Sony has its own movie industry it needs to protect.

And this "FUXXX $0NY" mentality needs to go, sure you're angry, but judging by the way some people are reacting you'd think Sony started a Holocaust.

what they did WRONG was shut down a very useful source for europe, and in some ways the us to make reasonable purchases. your correct that people are going over board, but as for me... I just dont like sony's products and this is another way to stick it to the man :)

thumpa
October 24th, 2006, 19:29
Fucc Sony

Hawq
October 24th, 2006, 19:30
Sony strike back

In a statement issued to our sister-site GamesIndustry.biz, Sony has denied any responsibility for the closure of Lik-Sang - accusing the online retailer of "sour grapes".

The statement begins by observing that Sony Computer Entertainment has successfully sued Pacific Game Technology, which uses Lik-Sang as one of its trading names, for infringing intellectual property rights.

"Lik-Sang did not contest this case (i.e. they did not turn up and therefore incurred no legal costs). We have been awarded substantial costs against Lik-Sang which have not been paid," the statement claims.

Advertisement
"We would therefore strongly deny that our actions have had anything to do with this website closing (we assume the legal entity is still trading), and would suggest that this release is sour grapes on behalf of Lik-Sang which is aimed to belittle Sony Computer Entertainment and the British judicial system that found against them."

Earlier today, Lik-Sang announced it was going out of business, citing a series of lawsuits filed by Sony as the reason for the closure. The retailer also alleged that several SCE executives purchased import PSP hardware and software on its website.

Sony responded, "The purchasing of PSP consoles by SCE employees would be for investigatory purposes. We would also like to express our surprise at a company releasing personal information about its consumers, as this is contrary to data protection principles around the world."source (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69077) so theres a shock $ony claim innocence. $ony employees using an import store for 'investigatory purposes'? when they could get a machine sent by the comapny? something dont add up

GPeter7
October 24th, 2006, 19:31
Holy crap :eek: . I cant believe this. SONY killed a Lik-sang, :mad: :mad: :mad: Damn Sony you are SUCKERS,

mesosade
October 24th, 2006, 19:32
ugh sony r so goddam tight . it's filled with ppl who know bugger all about video gamers and just simplyu shower the world in sequels and director's cuts. THAT's why wii is my priority. at least nintendo are behaving :D well except for the whole non- region free thing.

argh we'll never get to see thier super cool banner just this play-asia thing at the top.

compoman386
October 24th, 2006, 19:36

It bloody will if enough people started doing it. And I think alot more will now purely because of this.

I don't even care if i get banned or whatever for saying this but if you are angry enough about this maybe you should start downloading iso's instead of paying for the games and proloning the existence of a money grabbing corporation that forgot about it's customers a long long time ago.

thesandman
October 24th, 2006, 19:40
:(

why oh why do atlus and nippon ichi make games for the system that i don't want to buy. . .

October 24th, 2006, 19:43
It bloody will if enough people started doing it. And I think alot more will now purely because of this.

Yes, but not enough people will. In two days from now, no-one will care. People are still going to buy the Playstation 3 or the Playstation Portable. Why? Its the PLAYSTATION

mesosade
October 24th, 2006, 19:45
and the playstation SUCKS! damn i am raging right now!!!!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 24th, 2006, 19:52
[/QUOTE]
Dude your a fkin idiot thats why things never cahnge as the world is full of like minded idiots like yourself if you have nothing constructive or proactive to say button it loosing lik sang is the thin end of a very large $ony shaped wedge this is the start of something more sinister i gaurantee it.What else are they going tto try to stop ??.:eek:

compoman386
October 24th, 2006, 19:52
Yes, but not enough people will. In two days from now, no-one will care. People are still going to buy the Playstation 3 or the Playstation Portable. Why? Its the PLAYSTATION

In the uk, the price currently listed for a ps3 in most shops is five hundred pounds, that equates to around one thousand US dollars. I for one will not be spending such a ridiculous amount on a console, from any company, and I know a **** load of ps2 and psp users who agree. I really don't think that this time sony will be able to get away with their "we can do what we like, you will still swallow our shit"- type attitude.

They will fail as a company and they only have themselves to blame

g00gy
October 24th, 2006, 19:58
it looks to me like all they wanted to do is battle homebrew. since lik-sang sold 1.5 psp's.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 24th, 2006, 20:01
In the uk, the price currently listed for a ps3 in most shops is five hundred pounds, that equates to around one thousand US dollars. I for one will not be spending such a ridiculous amount on a console, from any company, and I know a **** load of ps2 and psp users who agree. I really don't think that this time sony will be able to get away with their "we can do what we like, you will still swallow our shit"- type attitude.

I agree dude we ALWAYS get shafted in the uk i think a 360 is a callin me.

October 24th, 2006, 20:02
Dude your a fkin idiot thats why things never cahnge as the world is full of like minded idiots like yourself if you have nothing constructive or proactive to say button it loosing lik sang is the thin end of a very large $ony shaped wedge this is the start of something more sinister i gaurantee it.What else are they going tto try to stop ??.:eek:

I would learn to type before accusing me of being an idiot.

But really, like minded idiot? Now, so far, I have been to only person somewhat on Sony's side. Most other people (yourself included) however, have been defending Lik-Sang religiously. You are the one that is like-minded.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 24th, 2006, 20:12
Unlike you Im not defending the almighty sony and you stating in a couple of days we will have forgotten shows you lack of understanding on what a tightnit comunity the psp scene is and lik sang helped alot of people get hold of otherwise unobtainable software titles and hardware. we have enough hurdles to overcome to enjoy our machines with the constant fw updates without bitching and fighting amongst ourselfs. And while im at it a i can type perfectly well thank you.

The Hombrew Hunter
October 24th, 2006, 20:22
SECOND!

I'm only forever buying secondhand items, NEVER so Sony makes the money from ME.

I third this movement!

F(_)CK SONY!

Takean
October 24th, 2006, 20:27
I would learn to type before accusing me of being an idiot.

But really, like minded idiot? Now, so far, I have been to only person somewhat on Sony's side. Most other people (yourself included) however, have been defending Lik-Sang religiously. You are the one that is like-minded.

Has nothing to do with hate sony, hate lik-sang, hate the world, hate my brother..etc. The problem is that a good company, not a pirate corp, or empire, or evil frogs...went out of business...all because of Sony claiming to be protecting their UK customer base. Anyone in management, or higher up knows that a large corporation has zero care on what benefits their customers and more about what benefits themselves.

I mean, sony isn't the clean innocent little bunny here...they have had their dark past..with countless items that turned ugly on them when they got caught.

If ppl think they do not have the ability to hurt a corporation with a boycott, then you need to step out of the way for ppl that do. You have to remember that it is the customer, that makes Sony work. Without it's customer base, they can't turn the lights on. Sure it's ridiculous to think that Sony will go bankrupt...but if even 5% of their customer base stop buying their products...thats a loss...and a big one too.

I think this whole mess was without warrent, and Sony's claims of Protecting the UK customer base is a lie. It's just the latest wool skin covers they are using this time around. Lik-Sang was a great company. Their services will be missed.

What worries me, which someone hinted to earlier is....what is next. Can companies now begin trying to make it illegal to buy software/hardware outside their own countries? No more importd Russian brides? lol You think it's funny, but just wait and see.

Datahax
October 24th, 2006, 20:30
Bitch Bitch Bitch....

Honestly is anyone here SURPRISED this happened? And don't you think you're all going a bit far with your "**** Sony" and "Boycott Sony" crap? I mean come on, if you were Sony what would you do?

(And don't tell me you'd make the PSP homebrew friendly and wouldn't of cared about what Lik-Sang did because that's B.S. power and money changes things)

They're a business, and like any other business they are trying to make money and do what they think is in the best intrest of the company.

Am I saying I "LIKE" what happened? Hell no. But I'm not going to spaz out and start flaming Sony over this, nor am I going to boycott their products. Why? Because it wouldn't do much good for anyone.

Emulation_Chief
October 24th, 2006, 20:31
Hello:

This is, indeed, a sad day for all of us, game lovers. An excellent webstore has closed its doors.

The console giants ( Sony in this case) are torturing and destroying the main reason of International business and true gaming focus for many of us: Game importing. It is not illegal. Why this has to happen? The lawsuit really destroy a company, but also destroy them too. The never-ending case with Immersion for the Dual Shock and now this one, increases their operational cost much more. Their products are lacking the quality and durability Sony had been recognized in the 80's.

Doesn't matter how small or big on the homebrew and importing community really is, this means something very true: Sony will loose us as customers. Some that might thought on a PS3 will not even think now of buying it. Not at least in a 2 or 3 year period; No silver PS2 to buy either; no new PSP's. It will also start the end of a company giant as well. Sales on other products will decrease as well, including HD-TV's. Sony's not the only brand that offers the HDMI port.

Better Sony and the other giants rethink of region-free products and facilitate importing processes. Otherwise, they will fall much worse than lik-sang.

ACID
October 24th, 2006, 20:38
Bitch Bitch Bitch....

Honestly is anyone here SURPRISED this happened? And don't you think you're all going a bit far with your "**** Sony" and "Boycott Sony" crap? I mean come on, if you were Sony what would you do?

(And don't tell me you'd make the PSP homebrew friendly and wouldn't of cared about what Lik-Sang did because that's B.S. power and money changes things)

They're a business, and like any other business they are trying to make money and do what they think is in the best intrest of the company.

Am I saying I "LIKE" what happened? Hell no. But I'm not going to spaz out and start flaming Sony over this, nor am I going to boycott their products. Why? Because it wouldn't do much good for anyone.
Well you say its a business but if you really where involved in business like i am look at this scenario. If you want to make the most out of something what do you do. Well this is just mi thinking Sony doesn't want there umds to get riped in to isos and played illegally. Fare enough i respect and agree with that. Now in the other hand how is Sony loosing money from home brew they don't own or emulators emulating councils that are not even theres. My point is if they can make it that people can keep there emulators and home brew but not be able to play isos. Believe me everybody will keep upgrading and buying there junkie games.

Ari
October 24th, 2006, 21:09
This doesn't make sense... I thought that Sony (not $ony) makes money when people import. They're still buying their products. But I might be wrong about that. So feel free to correct me on that.

I've never bought anything on lik-sang, but it looked like a good company. It's sad to see them go. Sony seems to be making some dumb business descisions lately.

But no, I won't boycott the PS3 or any sony product. I hate Microsoft, and I don't boycott their products. That's because boycotting Microsoft is really boycotting Valve and ID software and all those people(and MSNdirect is sweet). And boycotting the PS3 is really boycotting Konami, Square Enix, and the like. Sony loses (LOTS OF) money on the PS3 while these software companies make money on games... so buying a PS3 and no sony games (but who wouldn't want God of War 3 if it ever comes out?) would hurt them more than boycotting the PS3.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where we could get lower firmware (downgradable) PSP's without the TA-082 motherboard? Any other reputable websites? I don't know of any websites, but most game stores should have some. Just ask them if you can check it out and then find out the firmware and look for the UMD door writing. That's how I got my 2.71.

Vega
October 24th, 2006, 21:10
Sorry... I've been spammin up the place with this.. but Sony are now DENYING it ----

In a statement issued to GamesIndustry.biz, Sony has denied any responsibility for the closure of Lik-Sang - accusing the online retailer of "sour grapes".

The statement begins by observing that Sony Computer Entertainment has successfully sued Pacific Game Technology, which uses Lik-Sang as one of its trading names, for infringing intellectual property rights.

"Lik-Sang did not contest this case (i.e. they did not turn up and therefore incurred no legal costs). We have been awarded substantial costs against Lik-Sang which have not been paid," the statement claims.

"We would therefore strongly deny that our actions have had anything to do with this website closing (we assume the legal entity is still trading), and would suggest that this release is sour grapes on behalf of Lik-Sang which is aimed to belittle Sony Computer Entertainment and the British judicial system that found against them."

Earlier today, Lik-Sang announced it was going out of business, citing a series of lawsuits filed by Sony as the reason for the closure. The retailer also alleged that several SCE executives purchased import PSP hardware and software on its website.

Sony responded, "The purchasing of PSP consoles by SCE employees would be for investigatory purposes. We would also like to express our surprise at a company releasing personal information about its consumers, as this is contrary to data protection principles around the world."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=20564

MUDD
October 24th, 2006, 21:13
for your info capt awesome i dont like sony (im a samsung buyer if anything)im not even buying a ps3 never planed on it and the psp is the only thing i have thats sony, but i was told by this site that sony won against link sang for doing something that was against the law ,if im wrong about that its thanks to this site.

and honestly how much lower could YOUR iq go?lol

shows you lack of understanding on what a tightnit comunity the psp scene is(The_Ultimate_Eggman)

please man you know every community comes and goes and this one will be know diffrent.

this will totaly be forgoten about in one maybe at the most 2 days.come on keep it real everyone knows this to be true .

im haveing a great day.
LONG LIVE SONY

Vega
October 24th, 2006, 21:15
Dont forget MUD, Lik Sang sponsered DC EMU with prizes for coding competitions ETC. As wraggster said.. this is also a lose for us all at DCEMU. Dont be so ignorant.

StealthCP
October 24th, 2006, 21:16
Sony are a bunch of POOFS!!!

They have finally gone too far. Screw you, Sony.

MUDD
October 24th, 2006, 21:29
whats that brown stuff on your nose vega?
and so now were against sony in this cause link sang did something for this site ,please thats retarded at its best ,he he this site wouldnt be if it wasnt for sony ,wheres there loyalty ?

there are some that will defend link sang cause they hate sony ,and will ignore the facts ,link sang
was breaking the law .period

i am just wondering how low his iq can go (he broght it up)

still haveing a great day .
LONG LIVE SONY

Vega
October 24th, 2006, 21:33
and so now were against sony in this cause link sang did something for this site ,please thats retarded at its best ,he he this site wouldnt be if it wasnt for sony ,wheres there loyalty ?

there are some that will defend link sang cause they hate sony ,and will ignore the facts ,link sang
was breaking the law .period

i am just wondering how low his iq can go (he broght it up)

still haveing a great day .
LONG LIVE SONY

Dude you need to open your eyes. Lik Sang shipped PSPs to countries who couldnt get them. They were probably doing Sony a favour, getting PSPs along with other consoles shipped around the world.
What you are, is a Sony Fanboy. Period.
I wont lower myself to your level by brininging forth more replies... as you have demonstrated in this thread that you are nothing more than a Troll.

ryan2006
October 24th, 2006, 21:37
$ony has gone too far this time all lik-sang were doin was supplying more psp i mean i got my white imported psp when the black one had just come out in the uk and was sold out!!! i will never buy a $ony product again the can shove them up there arse

MUDD
October 24th, 2006, 21:43
maybe i am i dont know what a Sony Fanboy is.
i do look like a troll but what that has to do with it im not sure .(dont be scared)how did you know that i look like a troll anyway?lucky guess im thinking .

anyway. blah blah blah

Lik Sang shipped PSPs to countries who couldnt get them.DUH and thats what was against the law .
now whos ignorant ,me i know for sure i quit in the 6th grade .

everyone here is just mad cause there loseing something from this company closeing ,course there mad ,and so am i but i wont blame sony .whats wrong with that ?

LAW666
October 24th, 2006, 21:55

actually dude, the rest of this site would be here (DCemu) the psp part is just a small section,
and tbh alot of the stuff that goes on here is downgraders because sony suck too much to just allow the homebrew scene, all they wanna do is shut it down.

the homebrew scene is the rebel alliance and sony are the empire (lik-sang could be obi-wan:D )

Laichzeit
October 24th, 2006, 22:00
Well, I was going to break down and buy a PS2, but it looks like my Sony Boycott won't be ending anytime soon now.

slamoco
October 24th, 2006, 22:02
Lets reply in force.......

CORPORATE OFFICES

Sony Computer Entertainment America
PO Box 5888
San Mateo, CA 94402-0888
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m

I would love this to be posted everywhere!

Vega
October 24th, 2006, 22:09
A petition would be a great idea

the_eternal_dark
October 24th, 2006, 22:16
no problem.

i would never buy their laptops anyway (likely to explode)
and most of their movies are shite.

it does make me think "f*ck it... warez all the way on sony products" lol. as that is the only way that i can screw them back.

I'd be careful with talk like that. Knowing Sony, they already have lawsuits up with every possible kind of way to screw you already filed in alphabetical order and lawyers in helicopters ready to fly to your house and serve you.

All I can say is by used sony stuff, thats all I do and they don't get any money out of any used item sales. Their computers suck and anything else sony offers is way too damn much. I'll stick with my HD-DVDs, custom built pcs, my slightly overpriced iPod, and my XBOX 360 and Wii.

Take that Sony. Lik-sang was so helpful for you. How could you do this to us? Isn't the PSP a region free gaming machine, meaning you should be able to buy one anywhere in the world and be able to play the games you already overcharge the gamers and developers to make and play?

Lets reply in force.......

CORPORATE OFFICES

Sony Computer Entertainment America
PO Box 5888
San Mateo, CA 94402-0888
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m

I would love this to be posted everywhere!

Road trip I say!

Chaos_X
October 24th, 2006, 22:31
I've always hated Sony, though I have a PSP. I guess you could say it's because they backstabbed Nintendo, or maybe 'cause they drove Sega outta the hardware indutry, or maybe because they like stealing money from little kids, whatever the reason, this is the last straw. Though I never purchased anything from LIk-Sang, I was planning on importing the DS Browser. BOYCOTT TIME!!

gangsta14
October 24th, 2006, 23:39
$ony ur are now officialy a ***. I will never buy one of ur productsever again, in return we should make isos available on all psp versions then when the ps3 is out shove it up their ass.

ps: im not crazy

Wally
October 25th, 2006, 00:10
For sony to do such a thing to the community is obnoxious..

All they want is money, as soon as a firmware that doesnt require sonys XMB comes out, its going to be swapped...

I wish to see what Nintendo and all the surrounding game companies have to say about this lawsuit..

To Sony, piss off. Dont like you anymore

Chubbypigeon33
October 25th, 2006, 00:44
Boycott sony for being A**holes. im ashamed for owning one of thier cellphones

acn010
October 25th, 2006, 01:02
Boycott sony for being A**holes. im ashamed for owning one of thier cellphones
ha ha ha, any psp on you?

BudFern
October 25th, 2006, 01:17
Wow, this really bites. I've spent a lot of $$ buying things for my DC from Lik-Sang. I hope they reopen as a new company or something like that. Wow...... :(

flast
October 25th, 2006, 01:22
Wow, Sony really did go too far this time. Hopefully Sony wont turn into a Sueing monster like the ones we have in the U.S. where you have to becareful because people may sue you because you breath the same AIR as they do, lol

Chaos_X
October 25th, 2006, 01:49
Wow, Sony really did go too far this time. Hopefully Sony wont turn into a Sueing monster like the ones we have in the U.S. where you have to becareful because people may sue you because you breath the same AIR as they do, lol

Nice, good one dude. Seriously though, I bought the PSP because I thought that Sony finally got it straight but they didn't.

pspuser123
October 25th, 2006, 01:58
Sony is a horrible company, when i had my lemon laptop they promised me they will replace it with a new one
then they say well replace major parts
then they say there was a liquid damage on ur computer ur warrenty is voided now im stuck with this crappy 200$ toshiba Laptop

sabernet
October 25th, 2006, 02:10
We could always organize a group spamming of the Sony forums with links to references of the malicious tactics they perform such as

http://www.gizmodo.com:8040/gadgets/home-entertainment/riaa-eats-
crow-drops-suit-on-dead-mans-children-194289.php

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/02/15/sony_drm_debacle_rou.html

http://www.eff.org/IP/P2P/riaa-v-thepeople.php

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sony-Knew-Its-Batteries-Would-Go-B
OOM-37033.shtm

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/10/24/sony_moviestudio_ant.html

There are quite a few people who still don't know about the rootkit fiasco(check the boingboing link). Had they been anything but a corporation, they would have been jailed for life for infecting over 500 000 networks worldwide.

D4RKD3V1L
October 25th, 2006, 03:01
Fist they take my favourite company out of the hardware business (SEGA):mad: now this, is Bill Gates working for Sony now?? does any one remember what microsoft tried to do with gamecube? Cos this looks like microsoft tatics to me f**k sony and ps3 im going back to nintendo Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D hack psps and download as much games you can get lets get phony oops sony what they deserved

woods05
October 25th, 2006, 06:04
I guess lik-sang is nothing but a forum now.

Hopefully sony will actually lose for what they have done.

Wally
October 25th, 2006, 06:10
We do have to be careful though, if sony goes out of business. There goes all our good quality products..

If lik-sang stopped distributing sony products then sony would be on their knees crying as they realise what they have done...

Cap'n 1time
October 25th, 2006, 06:24
We do have to be careful though, if sony goes out of business. There goes all our good quality products..

If lik-sang stopped distributing sony products then sony would be on their knees crying as they realise what they have done...

more than likely sony would be laughing ignorantly, because they are unable to make the realization that lik sang did nothing but good for the company.

Eyedunno
October 25th, 2006, 06:39
Sony has been a horrible company for at least 25 years. They've always had high prices and anticompetitive business practices. I actually made the mistake of buying a Sony cellphone a year and a half ago (the design was nice, and I'm in Japan, where phones are marketed by the name of the provider and not the manufacturer). Let me say, the thing is horrible. Well, it looks nice, and the screen is very nice, but everything else about it is terrible (sound like a PSP to anyone?). If I switch to typing English, capital letters come out first (SO THAT IF YOU WANT TO TYPE QUICKLY, YOU HAVE TO YELL), and the DRM on the music playing feature (along with mind-numbingly slow conversion software to convert all audio to Sony's proprietary and mediocre protected ATRAC format) makes that feature practically useless as well. Plus you have to buy Memory Stick products, which echoes the errors of the Betamax era.

Anyway, I hoped Sony would improve as a company with its new upper management, but it didn't happen. The company is still run by slimebags who deserve nothing better than to die penniless and alone in a filthy tavern's toilet stall. As consumers, I say we should try to make that dream a reality.

As for the people wondering why Sony would bother screwing with a company that's selling their products, since after all, they still make money that way, here's the dirty little secret. No, it's not that Sony cares about protecting their customers. Anybody with a fourth of a brain can see from their earlier actions against importers that that is a lie fabricated by Public Relations swine. The truth is simply that Sony wants to control its prices throughout the world, using government authority to insulate itself from market forces. They're anti-capitalism and anti-consumer, and they need to be taught a lesson.

Nookadum
October 25th, 2006, 10:13
Uhh... on almost ALL cellphones CAPTIAL letters HAVE to come out first. :P Almost ALL cellphones do that. Nokia, Sony Ericcson, HTC, Samsung, etc. Not to mention the fact that a Japanese cellphone takes precedence on Hiragana/Katakana before Romanji, so they probably didn't bother.

Eyedunno
October 25th, 2006, 11:46
Uhh... on almost ALL cellphones CAPTIAL letters HAVE to come out first. :P Almost ALL cellphones do that. Nokia, Sony Ericcson, HTC, Samsung, etc. Not to mention the fact that a Japanese cellphone takes precedence on Hiragana/Katakana before Romanji, so they probably didn't bother.
Um, when typing emails all those phones have caps first? My old Panasonic (also a Japanese phone) didn't, nor do any other non-Sony phones I've typed an email on. I don't remember about my old Nokia in the U.S., but I believe you could at least TOGGLE between lower-case and caps. Maybe you don't understand what I meant up there. To type "cat," I have to type 1-1-1-[lowercase]-1-[lowercase]-8-[lowercase].

As things are, I prefer typing in Japanese, even with other foreigners (as long as they understand), and I have to show them why. They all agree that my phone's text entry is idiotic.

And it's romaji (no n there - it's "characters of ro-ma," with ro-ma being Japanese for Rome), and it refers to Latin letters used to write Japanese words. If you're just talking about that alphabet in a general sense, or as used to write abbreviations or foreign languages, no native speaker of Japanese would ever call it romaji (arufabetto or eimoji are more common words for that).

Anyway, yes hiragana takes precedence, but all that means is that hiragana mode is the first mode to pop up (but actually, on most phones, even that's not necessary, as if you select English menu display, email will also default to English). Switching to alphabet mode is all that's necessary; it's not as if you have to cycle through all the hiragana just to get to an English letter.

As for them "not bothering," you're right on that. They seem to be the only Japanese cellphone maker that "doesn't bother" though.

Anyway, back on topic. Sony is the worst electronics firm in the world, and they've hit rock bottom in a way even I never would have anticipated.

nemo20000
October 25th, 2006, 19:24
Children, children, stop crying and think for a moment.

Lik-Sang BROKE THE LAW.

This isn't a matter of opinion or debate - a real life JUDGE in a real life COURT said so. You might not like it, but Lik-Sang recognised their guilt - they didn't even bother to turn up to defend themselves.

Lik-Sang have CHOSEN to close down. They CHOSE not to turn up in court. Presumably they CHOSE not to respond to whatever private communications Sony sent them before it escalated this far.

The vitriol and anger here is completely mistargeted - if someone steals your wallet and then gets sent down is it YOUR FAULT for complaining? I think you should be angry with the criminal, and not the victim - no matter how "rich" or "unpleasant" you think them.

You can continue to throw your PSPs from your prams if you insist, but it doesn't make you right. :)

donj
October 26th, 2006, 02:36
the implication is that you are not allowed to trade online, despite owing the products. if you owned the psp you should have the right to resell as you choose. ebay seller should also be banned by sony.

Cap'n 1time
October 26th, 2006, 09:07
Children, children, stop crying and think for a moment.

Lik-Sang BROKE THE LAW.

This isn't a matter of opinion or debate - a real life JUDGE in a real life COURT said so. You might not like it, but Lik-Sang recognised their guilt - they didn't even bother to turn up to defend themselves.

Lik-Sang have CHOSEN to close down. They CHOSE not to turn up in court. Presumably they CHOSE not to respond to whatever private communications Sony sent them before it escalated this far.

The vitriol and anger here is completely mistargeted - if someone steals your wallet and then gets sent down is it YOUR FAULT for complaining? I think you should be angry with the criminal, and not the victim - no matter how "rich" or "unpleasant" you think them.

You can continue to throw your PSPs from your prams if you insist, but it doesn't make you right. :)

if liksang is illegal than so is ebay.

October 26th, 2006, 11:29
if liksang is illegal than so is ebay.

Lik-Sang sold new goods?

Darksaviour69
October 26th, 2006, 11:31
Lik-Sang sold new goods?
so does ebay

October 26th, 2006, 11:32
so does ebay

And thats why they're being very careful around the PS3 orders and taking most of them down.

Lik-Sang was another one of the suspiciously run Hong-Kong importers that don't give a toss about laws. Wait for a few weeks time when they're up and running again under a new name.

Darksaviour69
October 26th, 2006, 11:48
no, Lik-Sang were very good, i used them a few times and they treated me better than some other European and America online stores

they are talking most of them down...most, also they are only taking them down because of the bad pr they got last year with the 360

October 26th, 2006, 11:58
no, Lik-Sang were very good, i used them a few times and they treated me better than some other European and America online stores

they are talking most of them down...most, also they are only taking them down because of the bad pr they got last year with the 360

It makes no difference whether they were good or not though.

Just remember, ITS NOT SONYS FAULT LIK-SANG GOT SHUT DOWN. If you think about it, its their own fault. Lik-Sang were the ones that didn't show up to the court and therefore automatically lost. They could of just taken down the Sony hardware and everything would of been fine, but no, they betrayed all their customers and simply shut-down, using there closing statement to get people on their side and start all this internet rage.

Darksaviour69
October 26th, 2006, 12:09
i don't agree. first they are going to makes sure that all customer get their money back (which is happening)

second, Sony like to use you money as muscle to force small business's out of ... err business (alot of the big corps do this).

e.g. bleem: bleem never lost a case in court, but sony kept filing law suit after law suit, giveing the bleem team bills they had to pay then, and stopping their only source on income, selling bleem. They simply ran out of cash to pay for lawyers.

In the end there only choice was to settle with sony out of court. Basically Sony bullied them out of business.

Sony filed a law suit in every EU country against Lik-Sang, they had no hope to defend themself.

October 26th, 2006, 12:33
Sony filed a law suit in every EU country against Lik-Sang, they had no hope to defend themself.

If they hadn't of broken the law they all would of had the same outcome. They turned and ran because they had no chance of winning because Sony had a legitimate case against them.

At the end of the day, this is all nerd rage. No-one is going to even put a dint in Sony, so theres no point in trying.

Darksaviour69
October 26th, 2006, 13:07
no, they did not/ could not defend themself so the court ruled in sonys favour. Lik-sang are not a big business that can fund many different on going court cases in a different continent from which they are based.

F9zDark
October 26th, 2006, 18:14

That is exactly WHY Sony took Lik-Sang to court. Why buy a PS3 from a UK shop at the equivalent of 1000 USD when you can buy it from Lik-Sang for 600 USD?

-Edit- I did some research. 500 GBP = 945.602 USD, courtesy of www.xe.com

I knew there was some ulterior motive behind it, not 'protecting the consumer'.

Synthesis you have this extremely deluded view of how things work in law. For starters, lawyers need to be hired to begin correspondence with the courts on the entities behalf. The cost of getting a lawyer to write one letter in the US is close to 500 USD, for any case. Fighting a simple traffic ticket with a lawyer will cost anyone in the US at least 1500 dollars.

Now, factor in that Lik-Sang would have had to hire multiple lawyers, writing multiple letters. By US standards this would be well in upwards of 2000-3000 dollars just for this. Then, flying the lawyers to Europe to take the case, the time they'd spend in court, etc. At the end of the day, Lik-Sang would have 10 to 20 thousand just to get the ball rolling.

If they should lose in court, after already spending all of that money, they'd have to spend more money.

Its like playing poker. When someone bets you 100,000 and you can't raise, you fold. In the same vein that said poker player forced your fold, Sony forced the folding of Lik-Sang. Sony bet, and Lik-Sang couldn't raise.

And after all of this, I have more respect for Lik-Sang, rather than get themselves into a position where they couldn't deliver to their consumers because of huge loss of funds, they'd rather just fold under the pressures of tyrant Sony and give the money they do have back to their customers and leave their customers happy at the end of the day, rather than letting them get shafted out of PSPs, PS3s AND their money.

October 26th, 2006, 18:24
Now, factor in that Lik-Sang would have had to hire multiple lawyers, writing multiple letters. By US standards this would be well in upwards of 2000-3000 dollars just for this. Then, flying the lawyers to Europe to take the case, the time they'd spend in court, etc. At the end of the day, Lik-Sang would have 10 to 20 thousand just to get the ball rolling.

Well, if Lik-Sang is the super popular online store everyones making it out to be they could of easily afforded that.

F9zDark
October 26th, 2006, 18:47
They are 'super popular' here because they have countless times donated goods and time towards PSP Homebrew Competitions.

And if you cared to read the rest of my post, if Lik-Sang should have lost the case after all that effort, it would have put them in a situation where they would:

1)Be forced to pay Sony the money
2)Not be able to deliver PSPs and PS3s to consumers who paid in full or in part for them
3)Not be able to refund customer's funds, in the event that they would need to shut down

As I said, they would rather save face and be the company that takes care of their customers and fold rather than make their customers angry with them when they are forced to shut down after the injuctions of the law against them, and CAN'T possibly refund the customer's money.

If what companion386 says is true, then you can spend the 950 USD on a PS3 and get ****ed in the ass by Sony. With Lik-Sang you'd have only paid 600 USD. Have a nice day! :D