PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City Stories Update - All Multiplayer Modes Revealed

wraggster
October 25th, 2006, 01:06
News via GTAportable.com (http://www.gtaportable.com/news/6767/all-multiplayer-modes-revealed!)

The December issue of PSM, featuring the first review of the game, also contains an article detailing all of the multiplayer modes in Vice City Stories. As we've heard before, there are then in total. Some of these multiplayer modes include some power ups, like Radar Invisibility, Mega Damage, Health Boost, Frenzy Instant Repair, and Sticky Tires. Read the info on multiplayer modes below...

Vice City City Survivor: Standard death match or team match.
Street Rage: Midnight Club-style races on the streets of Vice City.
Protection Racket: Team up with some buddies to either defend your turf or attack a rival's gang turf. If you're attacking, you have to try and destroy your rivals' four vehicles.
Taken for a ride: It's like Capture the Flag, except it's ''Capture the other Team's Car.
Tanks for the memories: Everyone's scrambling to get to the lone tank on the map. The one in the tank for the longest amount of time is the winner, but players have weapons like rocket launchers to blow the tanks up.
Hit List: One player is the hunter (the mark); everyone else is a hunter, The Mark's objective is to stay alive as long as possible; however, the Mark can't see the other players on his radar, nor can he stay in a vehicle for long(the vehicle will explode after some time has passed). Once the Mark is killed, someone else will become the Mark. The Mark that survives the longest becomes the winner.
Grand Theft Auto: Players make money by acquiring specific cars and delivering them to certain locations. The worse shape the cars are in when you deliver them, the less cash you'll get. The one with the most cash at end is the winner.
Might of the Hunter: It's like Tanks for the Memories, except you're trying to get a Hunter helicopter instead of a Tank. Players are armed with Rocket launchers and should try and take the hunter down. The Hunter should then try to kill the players on the ground with his Rocket launchers. If the player in the Hunter stray too far away from the playing area, he'll die and the hunter will spawn again. The hunter is indicated on the map with a white helicopter icon.
Empire Takedown: Players are split into two teams, and each has their own empire state. There are also explosives to be found somewhere on the map. The object is to grab the explosives and plant them at the other team's empire state, which starts a countdown timer. The team that planted the explosives must defend the explosives until the timer runs out, while the other team tries to remove the explosives from their empire site before the timer runs out. If they're successful in removing the explosives, the timer pauses, and the tables can be turned on the other team. When the timer reaches zero, the empire site explodes. The team that successfully destroys their opponents' empire site wins.
V.I.P. R.I.P.: On one side are the V.I.P and the defenders. On the other side are the Attackers. The V.I.P. is tasked with collecting five briefcases, one at a time(get one briefcase, and another will spawn randomly somewhere on the map). Once all five are collected, an escape location will appear. While the V.I.P is trying to do all this, the Attackers are trying to kill the V.I.P. If the VIP escapes, he wins; if the Attackers successfully assassinates the V.I.P., they win.

acn010
October 25th, 2006, 01:07
this game is gonna be for psp version 2.81 or 3.00. sucks.......

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 25th, 2006, 01:35
I heard 2 players can enter one car... If so, that's wicked!

Yer, It's gonna need a higher firmware for sure... Only 2 weeks! Hate to purchase it, then have to sit there all day trying to choose between updgrading or not, instead of playing it :D haha

Makaveli777
October 25th, 2006, 02:15
Hey is it going to be infrastructure with these games?

JKKDARK
October 25th, 2006, 03:20
oh yeah, multiplayer mode will be nice :)

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 25th, 2006, 03:22
Hey is it going to be infrastructure with these games?

Apparently not. I read it was just going to be Ad-Hoc 6 player like LCS... But R* do surprise :)

They have made new multiplayer modes but, which sound pretty cool. Iv'e only played 1 on 1, but it was fun. My screen said 'Your the daddy now' and my brothers said 'Whos'e your daddy now B*tch?'. You can guess who won :D

Broadus
October 25th, 2006, 03:22
I hope the multiplayer goes online. I never got to play LCS online because it's so very expensive for both players to own a copy of the game, and a PSP.
If I can get my broken PSP to be eligible for warranty (can't find the receipt!), then I can have my 1.5 PSP, AND an updated one via the warranty for all of the cool, new games coming out.
Damn receipt. Why does Sony need a receipt?

Lodis
October 25th, 2006, 03:27

Just as well I have that total waste of money Modchip installed :rolleyes:

emuking
October 25th, 2006, 03:40
Just as well I have that total waste of money Modchip installed :rolleyes:

your very lucky to have that "waste of money" modchip since you have homebrew and get to buy the new psp games

AtariFreek
October 25th, 2006, 04:43
*Sigh* i'm giving up homebrew for this lol. I don't care anymore, i just want VICE CITY STORIES :D:D:D

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 25th, 2006, 07:30
*Sigh* i'm giving up homebrew for this lol. I don't care anymore, i just want VICE CITY STORIES :D:D:D

Hah, BLASPHEMY!

Nah, I understand what you mean, I'm considering it too, there's heaps of good thing on the horizon but. Maybe if VCS sits on my shelf for a week I'll have no choice :D

Nookadum
October 25th, 2006, 09:41
I'll give any homebrew makers a month to try and reverse engineer the 2.80/2.81 update that may be required for VCS, otherwise, I'm sacrificing homebrew. :D

splodger15
October 25th, 2006, 20:02

Maybe,but i think a devhook release is soon