PDA

View Full Version : Scratched games

hangtuah
August 13th, 2004, 09:07
I want 2 remove the scratch on the games cause the ps2 console cant read the game. There was shops who do the repair, does it works ?

miracleman
August 13th, 2004, 10:58
hi ,
i'm the new owner of a store that has a disc repair machine that DOES work . the machine is from a company called PERFECT PLAY who are based in the uk. if you one of their signs try it. Also check thier website for your nearest machine

swordstalker
August 17th, 2004, 14:05
why dont u buy a disc repairing machine from a good games shop

wraggster
August 17th, 2004, 14:27
how does the repair work?

quzar
August 17th, 2004, 14:53
Most of the repair machines used by shops, and a lot of the ones you buy like Disk doctor basically file down the top layers of the disc, so that its all even.

The good ones actually have a liquid that is clear and hardens inside the cracks. So first you clean the disc really well, then you put a few drops of the liquid onto a spinning cloth and it works it into the disc, filling in the gaps.

Eric
August 17th, 2004, 18:36
The ones that shops use are actually quite different then game doctor. Game Doctor isnt always accurate either and thats why i suggest going to the store paying that extra but and getting the disk repaired.

But if the top part of the disk (where the art is) is scratched the disk is as good as garbage cause that is the data that was just scratched off. If you live in canada i suggest going to Microplay cause they are awesome and willing to help out and sorry i dont know how much it is.

Eric