PDA

View Full Version : The Worldwide Dislike of Sony at This Time

wraggster
October 25th, 2006, 06:46
Since the Lik Sang Closing news was posted the response to the actions of Sony has been staggering, just about every gaming site in the world has posted the news and the comments against Sony have done more serious damage to their reputation with this news than any other over the last few years.

What we really need is a worldwide petition to show them the support against their actions.

For us in the UK if i lived in London today id like to ask the bosses of Sony why they are dictating when we can buy new consoles.

Should be an interesting day again.

MasterChafed
October 25th, 2006, 06:53
Amen!!! Kill the Sony facists!!! And if any sony reps or employee of sony (in the higher ranking) is reading this. Fuc* you!!!! how dare you take lik-sang out. I hope u burn in hell as$hol3s!!

Ziim
October 25th, 2006, 07:14
/sign

Start the petition!

ace 18
October 25th, 2006, 07:37
CURSE YOU!!! first they hate us for hacking the psp then they kill a loyal websites of ours *signs the petition* NEXT!!! *does a little picket sign* "Long Live Lik Sang" yep yep

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 07:43
i smell the boycott of the ps3, ohh well i'd rather have a 360 or Wii...RIP lik-sang :(

-=me=-
October 25th, 2006, 07:43
This is really terrible

seriously, are they crazy or just stupid?
this doesn't really effect me, cause i live in the US, but still.....

I think i'll get a wii now :)

pkmusicmaker
October 25th, 2006, 07:44
Petition? Gimme a break, why would that bother them? Look at all the petitions out there, they help nothing. They can only see green. If you want their attention, boycott.

yakumo
October 25th, 2006, 07:56
In an older post I said Sony has turned into a Microsoft of electronics. It is worse than that, it has turned an attorney & affairs company...

fatdad
October 25th, 2006, 08:02
sony .....seig hiel, sieg hiel , sieg hiel,

juggaleaux
October 25th, 2006, 08:26
I wasn't going to buy a PS3 anyway, but I'll be sure to continue to not buy one!! :p

Also, I won't be buying any commercial games, which is fine with me since I use my PSP for Nintendo emulation. :)

mnuhaily22
October 25th, 2006, 08:26
I do to since they stop everything good for the PSP with those stupid updates.

Vega
October 25th, 2006, 08:51
Vega Signs
**** you sony

steve-b
October 25th, 2006, 08:56
I dont think boycotting is the answer.
Consider this: Sony lose money on hardware sales thinking they can make it back in software sales.

So, go buy your sony hardware. just buy second hand games or rent them. That way sony lose out and you don't have to miss out on games you want to play.

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 25th, 2006, 09:02
Hah, Microsoft or Nintendo should give all the Lik-Sang staff jobs.. They'd look like heroes, great PR :p

DrSarcasmo
October 25th, 2006, 09:07
Sony, Sony, Sony...What a sad group of asshats you are. No matter what you do, you screw it up spectacularly. I'm actually impressed by the awsome depth of your idiocy.

Rootkits, homebrew bashing, the UMD fiasco, The Betamax fiasco, the mini-disc fiasco, those wacky ad campaigns, the list goes on. Any good will you somehow engender gets completely eradicated by the evil crap you CONSTANTLY do.

Sony, you are like a baby in a room full of razor blades, guns, bottles of acid, and uncaged fans. No matter which direction you crawl, you damage yourself.

I eagerly await the public education program you have planned to try and sell the PS3 to the masses. Make sure you use the ad agency behind the PSP ads. You know, the agency behind the "Graffitti" campaign. They are "Hip" and "Fly" and totally get this generation of gamers.

THIS will be comedy gold...:D

DrSarcasmo

zidanerick
October 25th, 2006, 09:27
I will never buy a PS3 now because of this.

pir8Smit
October 25th, 2006, 09:33
It's a disgrace...

Wonder if they will go after other importers now.

mat_dizzy
October 25th, 2006, 09:40
lmao sony just get worse dont they!

racism in adverts

sexism in adverts

expensive prices

releasing ( very small upgraded) vesions of consoles to get more money

closing down lik sang!!!

of course a petition wont do anything, but, if everyone on this forum atleast boycots them, and maybe everyone on the internet community for sony will they will realise that they've infact turned into a complete set of arse holes!

shrimpidy
October 25th, 2006, 10:10
Now I don't know if I'm going to get a PS3 or not. The Wii looks pretty appealing right now.

GobboFett
October 25th, 2006, 10:11
Sony are trying to impose nazism upon the world by killing online stores like Lik-Sang. Someone should make a Wolfenstein 3D mod in which you raid Sony HQ with employees/reps as the nazis and Sony's CEO as the Fuhrer :p DIE SONY-NAZI SCUM!!!

Now I will NEVER buy a PS3 (even though I found little reason to in the first place) and I will sign any and I mean any petition to stop Sony.

DarkSpine
October 25th, 2006, 10:22
In an older post I said Sony has turned into a Microsoft of electronics. It is worse than that, it has turned an attorney & affairs company...

Um i would not say that! Microsoft may look a bit strange with their actions some times, but theses guys know what they do, and they do it great! No allways best, but great! Im mean hell, when this technician guy walked up to moore to show him, what the homebrew scene came up with, and showed him xbox media center....

Sony wouldve been like: Lets sue them.

But Moore was like: Ok, let's se, WHAT can we learn of this? What can we use?

When i heard that news i knew i was right owning a n xbox and an xbox360!

Vega
October 25th, 2006, 10:29
Remember... Microsoft and Nintendo sued Lik Sang in the past also. But what happened after that, basically, was it turned Lik Sang into a greater company.

In 2002, the company was sued by major game console producers, such as Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc., alleging copyright infringement due to mod chips, and other devices being used with their console; injunctions were granted preventing the sale of these devices.[2] After these suits, Lik Sang began expanding its area of expertise by reinventing itself (under a new owner) as a vendor of legitimate, but obscure, accessories, such as consumer electronics, games, merchandise, and t-shirts. Currently, they do not sell modchips, nor flash cartridges.

In August of 2005, the company was once again in legal trouble, this time from Sony. Lik Sang had sold imported PSPs to UK customers before the UK release date, which they alleged was a breach of their trademark rights.[3] Lik Sang continued shipping PSPs, citing Hong Kong's laws which it claims an item can be traded freely once it appears in a market anywhere in the world

Still, and Im not saying this because I am itching to get at it, but the scene's best means of any kind of voice here is AC's PS1 emu. That is how we strip money away from the *******s. If they can take away peoples right to buy imported items... they we take their right to make us buy PS1 games all over again.

zidanerick
October 25th, 2006, 10:36
I can understand the gaming companies cracking up over mod chips but even so they shouldnt be illegal, but what i cannot understand is why sony is so against importing consoles etc...

#1 its none of their business what people buy from overseas, even if they do produce them.

#2 they cannot stop this by shutting down Lik Sang, they would have to sue eBay, and almost every person that had thought about importing because they are too much of a pack of tightasses to produce enough stock for the world.

What do we get here for waiting in australia?

An increased price tag and bugger all accessories.

Screw You Sony. I will never be buying another product from you again.

splodger15
October 25th, 2006, 10:52
What would really annoy sony would be the new release of AC Ps one emulator

and the new release of devhook

Vegetable
October 25th, 2006, 10:57
Christ. None of you realise that a petition is going to absolutely jack -****ing- shit. Casual gamers don't give a flying **** about the closing of Lik-Sang, and they'll buy the PS3 anyway.

Besides, Lik-Sang was breaking distribution laws, and Sony just happened to be the one to shut them down for it.

fucht017
We all are sad by the so called "actions' by Sony....But what if the PS3 bring out some realy amazing games...Would you still not by a PS3?...:confused:

mat_dizzy
meh, sony are just facists, lmao but the psp is good though :p

Vegetable
October 25th, 2006, 10:59
#1 its none of their business what people buy from overseas, even if they do produce them.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. **** you are wrong. Sony has the distribution rights of their own product, you idiot. They get to choose who can buy their system, and who can sell it because IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO.

Heero808
October 25th, 2006, 11:04
Enough of this!:mad: I was thinking of getting a wii or ps3 but in favor of a wii but I now will buy a wii for sure.

PS I live in Hawaii this affects us alot that we can't buy import games because there are only two stores that import on the island but sure there are other sites.

splodger15
October 25th, 2006, 11:07
Christ. None of you realise that a petition is going to absolutely jack -****ing- shit.

We actually have worked that out before that it wouldnt work so just stfu

slickrik
October 25th, 2006, 11:11
Was gonna buy a ps3 but now i will put the money on a 7950gx2!!

mat_dizzy
October 25th, 2006, 11:12
lol... guys lets not fight, thats what sony wants us to do eh? lol anyway lets just all boycott them and not be mean :p

Paiku
October 25th, 2006, 11:18
you guys are a sad group of asshats.

Vegetable
October 25th, 2006, 11:33
We actually have worked that out before that it wouldnt work so just stfu

Cry more.

cawley1
October 25th, 2006, 11:34
Christ. None of you realise that a petition is going to absolutely jack -****ing- shit. Casual gamers don't give a flying **** about the closing of Lik-Sang, and they'll buy the PS3 anyway.

Besides, Lik-Sang was breaking distribution laws, and Sony just happened to be the one to shut them down for it.

Absolutely spot-on, those of us that post on forums like this, read DCemu and Eurogamer, and shop/have shopped at Lik Sang are NOT the massmarket, check out the anti-EA sentiment on forums, yet they are still #1!:confused:
I don't want a PS3, I have a 360 for my Stepson for Christmas and I want a Wii, but it does not mean that more than likely muppets will still flock to PS3 like flies to dog-shit! All this Wii60 chat is nice, but casual gamers only buy one system and that will likely be a PS3, for the name and Blu-Ray. If not the case, the DC would have smashed PS2 'cause the games were better, it was cheaper etc. but Sony had DVD and Sega now makes software...
If we do a straw poll on this forum in 3 years I bet most of you will have a PS3, including me!
Face it guys, as much as we might not like it, Sony will odds-on be #1 this time around again.:mad:

splodger15
October 25th, 2006, 11:51
Cry more.

What are you talking about

Darksaviour69
October 25th, 2006, 11:52
right guys no more of the flaming, or i will dish out the warnings

WRONG WRONG WRONG. **** you are wrong. Sony has the distribution rights of their own product, you idiot. They get to choose who can buy their system, and who can sell it because IT'S THEIR RIGHT TO.

in that line of thinking it would be illegal to sell anything second hand (lik-sang buy of sony and then sell it on).

no second: hand books, no cars, tables, tvs, hammers etc

Eyedunno
October 25th, 2006, 11:57
right guys no more of the flaming, or i will dish out the warnings

in that line of thinking it would be illegal to sell anything second hand (lik-sang buy of sony and then sell it on).

no second: hand books, no cars, tables, tvs, hammers etc
Absolutely. Even if there is a law like that, it's a bad law, and deserves to be flouted.

October 25th, 2006, 11:59
...but it does not mean that more than likely muppets will still flock to PS3 like flies to dog-shit!...

You know, it might just be me, but I'm buying a PS3 because I like its superior hardware and software line-up, not because I'm like a "fly to dog-shit."

Sony did what they did to protect their European market. If someone in the UK got a Japanese PS3 they wouldn't be able to play Blu-Ray movies, thus having to import movies.

Now, Sony own their own movie company and want people to purchase their movies and actually be able to play them. If they didn't stop the importing (thus no-one using Blu-Ray movies) they would loose money. What happens when you loose money? Stock-holders become infuriated and investors could potentially sue them for loosing money.

Darksaviour69
October 25th, 2006, 12:06
You know, it might just be me, but I'm buying a PS3 because I like its superior hardware and software line-up, not because I'm like a "fly to dog-shit."

Sony did what they did to protect their European market. If someone in the UK got a Japanese PS3 they wouldn't be able to play Blu-Ray movies, thus having to import movies.

Now, Sony own their own movie company and want people to purchase their movies and actually be able to play them. If they didn't stop the importing (thus no-one using Blu-Ray movies) they would loose money. What happens when you loose money? Stock-holders become infuriated and investors could potentially sue them for loosing money.

not convinced, the amount of imports would be tiny in real sales terms, and would not really effect blue ray sales in the long term. Over all this has been bad for sony as it bad PR

Another theory is that the ps3 will not sell out as badly in the US and Japan if you reduce the potential customers, there fore deducing the "sony fails to deliver" bad pr. With such small numbers of ps3 available for the launch and 2006, cutting off egger European customers would help.

moogster66
October 25th, 2006, 12:07
I hate to say it, but could we see another downfall of the video game market, like the one in the eighties? I mean, there are alot of unhappy 360 people out there, I am one. We are talking about not buying PS3, or anything $ony. So now what, nintendo only? I like nintendo, but I have never been happy with the hardware since the super nintendo left. I wonder if Sega's mouth is starting to water? The sad thing is,I like $ony products. But they are in a world of hurt if they keep stepping on everyone.

vasiok
October 25th, 2006, 12:07
If someone in the UK got a Japanese PS3 they wouldn't be able to play Blu-Ray movies, thus having to import movies.
that only means that movie region protection is BS as well

October 25th, 2006, 12:13
not convinced, the amount of imports would be tiny in real sales terms, and would not really effect blue ray sales in the long term. Over all this has been bad for sony as it bad PR

Another theory is that the ps3 will not sell out as badly in the US and Japan if you reduce the potential customers, there fore deducing the "sony fails to deliver" bad pr. With such small numbers of ps3 available for the launch and 2006, cutting off egger European customers would help.

Well, its all hypothetical. Sony obviously thought that it would make a difference. Sony didn't do this just to be arseholes and piss of the gaming community so there has to be a proper reason.

What about the online? Mabye Sony hasn't fully setup its European servers and stopping the Europeans from getting PS3 would stop the whole "waah our online doesn't work i want a new PS3" then Sony having to tell them they can't have a new PS3 because the online isn't setup and that they don't have a warantee for a new one because its imported.

Edshugeo
October 25th, 2006, 12:13
If we do a straw poll on this forum in 3 years I bet most of you will have a PS3, including me!
Face it guys, as much as we might not like it, Sony will odds-on be #1 this time around again.:mad:

You might be right about many on this forum (not casual gamers) having a PS3 next year, but if Sony are number one next year, they will have beaten the odds. Things weren't looking that good for them even before this happened.

Me, I don't care about this issue, though I find it interesting that Sony is insisting they have nothing to do with the closing of Lik Sang. Kinda seems like they're scared, no?

I'll buy anything from Sony I think is good and affordable. Hell, maybe I'll have a PS3 in a year. I doubt it, though, and it's nothing to do with this.

Cap'n 1time
October 25th, 2006, 12:15
I wonder if Sega's mouth is starting to water?

interesting point you make. IF SEGA WERE TO MAKE ANOTHER CONSOLE (they dont seem to have it in the works) I would like to see nintendo and sega work closer together though instead. Heh, just imagine hearing that 15 years ago, everyone would have had an aneurysm.

Darksaviour69
October 25th, 2006, 12:19
Synthesis:

but that has always been the case with imports from the very start, the psp and ps3 are not the first consoles to be imported. importers know the risks, and its there choice. Sony ( well really the UK court ) has taken that choice way from them.

Yes of course sony have reasons, but to mean they reasons are not good enough for the amount of bad PR / backlash they are getting, it just (another) bad business mistake.

i'm not planning to get a ps3, to be honest it does not impress me, but I'm biased against sony (when it comes to what i buy, i try to give an objective option on them)

Market analysts predict that sony will not enjoy the same dominance they did with the ps1/2, but they will be the over all leader, only time will tell

The Hombrew Hunter
October 25th, 2006, 12:21
I dont think boycotting is the answer.
Consider this: Sony lose money on hardware sales thinking they can make it back in software sales.

So, go buy your sony hardware. just buy second hand games or rent them. That way sony lose out and you don't have to miss out on games you want to play.

Or, don't buy them at ALL, they'll lose more money.

They'll have unsold consoles, making all they spent making it lost.

*signs*

NINTENDO AND MICROSOFT FOREVER!

October 25th, 2006, 12:39
Synthesis:

but that has always been the case with imports from the very start, the psp and ps3 are not the first consoles to be imported. importers know the risks, and its there choice. Sony ( well really the UK court ) has taken that choice way from them.

Yes of course sony have reasons, but to mean they reasons are not good enough for the amount of bad PR / backlash they are getting, it just (another) bad business mistake.

i'm not planning to get a ps3, to be honest it does not impress me, but I'm biased against sony (when it comes to what i buy, i try to give an objective option on them)

Market analysts predict that sony will not enjoy the same dominance they did with the ps1/2, but they will be the over all leader, only time will tell

Its obvious a lot of gamers loved Lik-Sang, but they still broke the law. Its petty to say the least, but if Sony don't stop these sorts of things investors can and will sue. I never ordered from Lik-Sang myself but they seemed like a decent company.

To be honest, I'm just glad you're not another one of the trolling idiots who flame Sony without second thought. All this boycotting stuff is ridiculous.

gov1
October 25th, 2006, 12:45

Quoted by VEGETABLE
Originally Posted by zidanerick
( I SUPPORT THIS STATEMENT SOO MUCH)

YOU ARE SOMEONE FROM SONY! VEGETABLE YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE! :mad: go and f**k them if you want to, no one shud support sony that much to try and make everything they do seem justified CAUSE IT F**KING ISNT!

DOWN WITH SONY, UP WITH HOMBREW!

liksang you will be dearly missed ='(

i was seriously considering buying the ps3 because of FF13 BUT NOW THEY CAN JUST F**K OFF!

Xbox360 here i come!

and if sony dont want imports then they shud release the console everywhere not in effing japan then 3month later usa then another 3month later in europe.

SONY YOU SUX SOO MUCH!

titch.ryan
October 25th, 2006, 12:48
sony are so selfish . theres nothing wrong with lik-sang i brought my first psp from their. There stillgetting money arent they?!!

October 25th, 2006, 12:56
YOU ARE SOMEONE FROM SONY! VEGETABLE YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE! :mad: go and f**k them if you want to, no one shud support sony that much to try and make everything they do seem justified CAUSE IT F**KING ISNT!

liksang you will be dearly missed ='(

i was seriously considering buying the ps3 because of FF13 BUT NOW THEY CAN JUST F**K OFF!

Xbox360 here i come!

and if sony dont want imports then they shud release the console everywhere not in effing japan then 3month later usa then another 3month later in europe.

SONY YOU SUX SOO MUCH!

You are a perfect example of an absolute ****ing idiot.

gov1
October 25th, 2006, 12:58
You are a perfect example of an absolute ****ing idiot.

thank you for the complement

If you didnt want something bad posting about sony they shudnt of gone and done something like that shud they(plus there shudnt of been a topic about the dislike of sony (maybe one about the unhappy death of liksang :( ))

oh yeh sry about flaming just needed to let steam off

Mariopop87
October 25th, 2006, 13:02
And I thought Sony was cool way back when...

Darksaviour69
October 25th, 2006, 13:07
Its obvious a lot of gamers loved Lik-Sang, but they still broke the law. Its petty to say the least, but if Sony don't stop these sorts of things investors can and will sue. I never ordered from Lik-Sang myself but they seemed like a decent company.

To be honest, I'm just glad you're not another one of the trolling idiots who flame Sony without second thought. All this boycotting stuff is ridiculous.

I'm not convinced they did, I think the court rules in favour of sony, as lik-sang did not defend themselves. That judgement would mean that Game shops that are selling second hand games and consoles are also breaking the law, as they don't have permission from sony (or the what ever the maker is)

that would also mean second hand bookshops, hell any second hand shop is illegal!

gov1
October 25th, 2006, 13:12
all retailers are second hand shops because they buy their products from suppliers 0.0 (wow this is soo hypocritical)

kyus
October 25th, 2006, 13:21
Add my signature to this.

Sony... As you're aware. The only buyers of your PS3 will be hardcore fanboys, and rich dumbass casual gamers who have only ever known playstation.

I look forward to watching your slow demise in the videogame industry in the coming years. What with Microsoft and Nintendo actually having a clue in their goals and respective special talents, consumers and developers will buy into that in a huge way.

The playstation was the best viable option for third party developers back in 1995-1999. You were in the right place at the right time with the right product. Again with the PS2, but by that point you had the name, plus the developer support plus a fanbase. Now you have an entire world of haters. Your competition is lightyears ahead of you in terms of ideas, planning and future prospect. Developers are turning from the PS3 in disgust at the immense hurdles you have presented them to deliver a good product. Just as the walkman died at the hands of innovation from the ipod, so too will playstation at the hands of Nintendo and Microsoft.

You've had your nes, snes and gameboy Sony. Welcome to your N64. Learn your lessons well.

geise69
October 25th, 2006, 13:28
The only reason Sony UK did this is because they want high numbers when the UK launch rolls around. It looks better for them PR wise like Darksavior69 said. If a lot of people hear "Hey you can buy a ps3 from Lik-Sang before the crazy late March launch." People will hear about it, and even the "casual" gamer might import one. Now for Sony to say they are doing this because of systems not working correctly cause of PAL and all that is rediculous. My GP2X AC adaptor is Pal and I'm in the US. I bought a simple 3 dollar converter to plug it into the wall. I'm sure anyone Importing would have no problem. Most importers didn't have a problem before. All this boils down to is region sales numbers. Also people lets not forget that if you boycott the PS3 you're mainly hurting the 3rd party game companies, not really Sony. Yes they make money off of game sales more than system sales, but again it would hurt 3rd party developers. Reason being is cause it's going to cost an arm and a leg to develop for Sony's PS3, which is nother reason the PSP has fewer games than DS. I'm sad to see Lik-Sang go but there's always Play-Asia!:p I just hope Sony doesn't go after them as well. Also wraggs should talk to Play-Asia and see if they'll help with the coding competition now, or has he already done that?

jwilds73
October 25th, 2006, 13:48
Sony tried to put their spin on things but they themselves are guilty of so more then Lik-Sang. Who simply stated that high standing Sony employee's had used their business. And didnt provide anything other then their names. Sony had illegally installed software on peoples computers completely unknown to consumers (Rootkit's) and they stole rumble technology from Immersion and still haven't paid Immersion for it. And with the PS3 they won't be ponying up so we can have rumble controllers. Instead they try and claim rumble technology is passive etc.

kwok
October 25th, 2006, 13:58
Before I would always buy sony products like laptops/desktops/tvs/mobiles/consoles/etc. but now after the recent fiasco with their batteries, the delaying of the uk launch of ps3, their stance on homebrew compared to both nintendo and microsoft, their non adherence to GPL philosophies yet using the technology, their lawsuits with liksang, their utter disregard for the european market place, the lack of knowledge of what gamers really want, I don't think i will ever purchase anything remotely related to sony. No more retail PSP games for me! Time to downgrade since I won't ever buy any more games, may as well use devhook and an iso loader...

In fact I'm pretty sure sony are going to suffer tremendosly from all the things i've mentioned. I would steer well clear of the PS3 if I were any knowledgable consumer as you will soon only be able to play blu-ray movies made from sony, when all game producers see the light and boycott their platform, and all movie studios except for sony decide to only produce HD-DVD only films.

Actually, saying that, prehaps I should still buy a PS3, with the sole purpose of hacking it and publicising how to pirate games on it. I really hope sony to very badly from now on, and hopefully they have made some very powerful enemies in the homebrew scene...

paulyfknt90
October 25th, 2006, 14:10
wow sonys bein a bunch of dicks, they should realy start getting themselfs back on track or else there gonna lose all there customers.

im still going to buy a ps3.

John Vattic
October 25th, 2006, 14:37
i'm gonna buy a ps3....used and from a reseller!

:D

ArchAngel
October 25th, 2006, 14:37
So what about the "Owners Manual" you get in your nice new box when you buy something... doesnt it say "OWNERS" I could sell an american car to a UK person and it would be my choice, not GMC or Whatnot. It should have Been Lik-Sang choice what they did with their merchandise, the only way that sony would have any say over it is if Lik-Sang were selling it for sony directly, and Lik-Sang worked directly under sony.
Other than that, lets just shut down every market in the world because MOST MARKETS SELL GOODS FROM ANOTHER SOURCE.

Sony is hanging thierselves, and they want everyone to know how they died.

Homebrew on the PSP is about the best thing I have seen so far from their system, and that is about all.

SiZiOUS
October 25th, 2006, 14:54
interesting stuff : http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=24611

Yungblaqs
October 25th, 2006, 15:02
YEAH MAN!!!!
FCUK $ONY DOSE WNAKERS!!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Darksaviour69
October 25th, 2006, 15:09
i going to start getting strict on these types of posts, don't post unless you have something to add to the discussion, if you just want to vent use the junk forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=198)

playamp3
October 25th, 2006, 15:12
First off I want to say I'm an American. I don't have the frustration all you in the UK have for the delay until March, but I know I would be pissed. My mother just recently started a buisness and form her experience she has her product(already chopped and bundled wood) delivered to the areas that buy it the most. When you look at where most of the PS2s are sold it is here in America, almost half. That explains why 400,000 of the 500,000 units at launch will be in North America, Canada included est. 50,000 of 400,000. The American market is the one that Sony also has to compete most with the Xbox 360. Sony made a buisness choice. If you owned a buisness you would make the most profitable choice too. Sony doesn't want to lose the American $. They are even giving less to their own people because of this,100,000 units only. Lik-Sang.com was a threat to take away consoles from America. E-bay is the one way you can still get it though, that is where I plan to sell the one I wait in line for 2 days to get. I have some credit cards that need paid off. I know a lot of you will flame me just because I'm American, but I never said I was proud to be American. I just try to pay my bills, raise my daughter, and support my family. I wonder everyday what idiotic decision our President will make next. I almost think I souldn't waste my time to vote anymore.

Dickhead
October 25th, 2006, 15:24
Well I think if someone sells a Jap PS3 on ebay it will go for very silly prices(much more than the 360 was at launch on ebay!!), thats if anyone will buy it in the first place. It will now create an illegal activity on importing sony goods around the world....

ExcruciationX
October 25th, 2006, 15:27
I'm not buying a PS3 anyway!

StealthEvil
October 25th, 2006, 15:36
I'll never buy Sony products again!!

We love you Lik-sang

JKKDARK
October 25th, 2006, 15:38
It is sony:

http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/1926/mdf5620192uysg4.jpg

Basil Zero
October 25th, 2006, 15:43
i doubt any means of doing anything like writing a petition is gonna do any good

i doubt it will work

sony's not gonna care about what some people who live under basements, under the finance of their parents, or just some casual gamer. all's they care about is their business.

and i doubt that there will be a boycott of ps3. i bet half of the people wont even care, infact the other half of the people who do care, bet half of them will go on and buy the ps3 as normal

Sonny_Jim
October 25th, 2006, 16:37
i doubt any means of doing anything like writing a petition is gonna do any good

i doubt it will work

sony's not gonna care about what some people who live under basements, under the finance of their parents, or just some casual gamer. all's they care about is their business.

Trouble is most of Sony's console buisness tends to be funded by people who live under basements, under the finace of their parents. I know there's been a large shift (not unsurprisingly) to the 18-35 demographic, but still they just see people who boycott their hardware as a market they weren't going to sell to anyway.

ste
October 25th, 2006, 16:37
Surely Sony's actions are against our human rights - depriving us of something others have easy access to? Sony can stick their new products where the sun doesn't shine - I'll buy secondhand from now-on so they won't get extra sales revenue. I might even start bittorenting (good old PSP FW1.5).

Anyway I've just bought a JAMMA cabinet so no money for PS3 now anyway, even if I wanted one (which I don't!)

luckio
October 25th, 2006, 16:40
sony just quiet simply suck they can stuff the ps 3 where the sun dont shine im sticking with my x box 360

linus_south
October 25th, 2006, 17:11
i say a boycott is in order but not only for the ps3 but all sony products.

i also say if you are going to buy sony products make sure to get them second hand so sony gets no money for them .. and only buy things that sony looses money on.

screw them .. they wanna lock out renting games and dvd's they want you to pay the same price repeatedly for the same exact shit they sold 5 even 10 years ago. i say **** them BIGTIME!!

ExcruciationX
October 25th, 2006, 17:17
Lol! JKKDARK! :D

jason867
October 25th, 2006, 17:17
$ony = Shin-Ra

aries2k4
October 25th, 2006, 17:41
Lol! JKKDARK! :D

Ya, pretty funny but it hits the nail on the head:)

goldenmage
October 25th, 2006, 18:31
Gawd, what is up with all you people? YES, Sony is a money-grubbing, greedy corporation, and this is evidence of it. But, then again, what big company isn't? I don't hate Sony, I don't hate MS, I don't hate Nintendo. They do what they've always done...make money. And they'll do anything to bring down companies that'll compromise their money-making abilities.

So, if you must bash a company, bash them all. Both Nintendo and MS threatened to sue LS back when they sold mod-chips. And LS listened and obeyed quietly. When Sony told LS to stop selling import consoles, LS did nothing.

So, in the end, you can't blame Sony any more than you can blame a shark for attacking unsuspecting surfers. It is in the nature for a money-sucking company such as Sony to act as such.

Boycotting Sony? What message are you trying to get across to them? "Don't be greedy"? I don't think Sony will stop being greedy with a simple boycott or petition. My creed? Buy their products if you like the products, if you don't like the products, then don't. Simple as that. Ethics is something that cannot exist in big-business. And this is true of Sony, MS, and Nintendo.

alterdimension
October 25th, 2006, 18:39
dam sony. I also was planning to buy a ps3 but not now. What they are doing is wrong, unethical, immoral and I'll never ever buy sony again. I hope they rot in hell!!!

Makaveli777
October 25th, 2006, 19:38
I still cant be too mad at sony. All I care about is if they still deliver great games like the ones I loved on my ps2. LikSang was great indeed, but as long as sony makes the games I like I will buy that system. Im just not feelin the wii as much or definatly not feelin the xbox 360.

Basil Zero
October 25th, 2006, 20:50
i'm still gonna get a ps3 lol

I heart Nintendo
October 25th, 2006, 22:57
I wasn't planning to buy a PS3 at launch let alone import it! Still - it's a shame Lik-Sang got closed down over the blasted console!

woods05
October 25th, 2006, 22:58
i'm still gonna get a ps3 lol

have fun getting ripped off

paul1991
October 25th, 2006, 23:02
Sony is a phony.
Or should I say Sonwii?

The PS3 controller is just a PS2 controller with the GBA game WarioWare Twisted glued inside!!!!

goldenmage
October 25th, 2006, 23:38
Sony is a phony.
Or should I say Sonwii?

The PS3 controller is just a PS2 controller with the GBA game WarioWare Twisted glued inside!!!!

Yes that's exactly it. How did you know?

donj
October 26th, 2006, 00:07
The court judgment basically says all international online sales are illegal, so the future is bleak.:(

muffinman
October 26th, 2006, 00:42
lik sang was a great site, but im not going to start boycotting sony because it has shut it down.

this wont affect sony that much as mainstream users didnt really import.

Elven6
October 26th, 2006, 00:43
Wow this is pretty long, has a petition already been started?

donj
October 26th, 2006, 01:57
the only way to ake sony pay is buy andf download pirate software, never buy originals.

IndianCheese
October 26th, 2006, 02:06
The Wii looks pretty appealing right now.

So does mine.

LOL Sorry for the spam but I couldn't pass that one up!

The Hombrew Hunter
October 26th, 2006, 02:38
Indian Cheese, you live in Pittsburgh?

Jeez, I'm like 20 miles away.

Anyway, GP2X, is the owning, of PSP.

V3N0M
October 26th, 2006, 03:09
Sign me up! lol

nathan1974au
October 26th, 2006, 08:38
i hate sony they make shitzin games and shitzin consoles psp sucks!!! buy a gp2x or a 360 man have you tryed deadrising killer game!!!

game on man!!

gamer06
October 26th, 2006, 08:58
i have been a sony fan most of my life but the ps3 is going to be too expensive.im gonna get 360. but first im gonna get pro evo 6 for my bday on 4th november. i am a PRO EVO MASTER

gamer06
October 26th, 2006, 09:06
i hate sony they make shitzin games and shitzin consoles psp sucks!!! buy a gp2x or a 360 man have you tryed deadrising killer game!!!

game on man!!
the psp was quiet a good invention im on mine now writing this message

Cap'n 1time
October 26th, 2006, 09:22
keep in mind that the more hardware you buy the more you hurt sony. If you want to hurt the company, dont buy any games.

I heart Nintendo
October 26th, 2006, 11:51
NOT buying hardware would hurt Sony! If people buy it, they're still making "some" money.

I made a plee somewhere on my blog for UK peoples NOT to buy PS3 at launch. *lol* Not only is the console silly expensive, but for us to get it 4 months late is just out of order. And then for them to make statements like (this is me para phrasing) "Awww, they're fine with it!" was just a lil' bit of an insult.

I didn't plan to buy one at launch anyway - but I still think the delay is dirty.

Still - at least Nintendo's got a clear shot at Christmas here in the UK!!! :) *Yay!!!*

Sony are really messing up so much. I've been tracking the mess up's on my blog. *LOL* Not that I'm a Sony hater (all the time), but I just find it funny how they've been making quite a few wrong decisions lately. But I guess we'll see how they handle things at launch...

gamer06
October 26th, 2006, 12:08
may as well get a 360

jwilds73
October 26th, 2006, 14:00
I'm getting a Wii as long as Zelda is a launch title. I won't get a PS3 due to costs and how much Sony has pissed me off not only with this but with other things as well like how they destroyed EverQuest.

Cap'n 1time
October 26th, 2006, 14:08
NOT buying hardware would hurt Sony! If people buy it, they're still making "some" money

Generally thats not true, but with the gianormous (yes i know that isnt a word) of hte ps3 i wouldnt doubt that they are making somthing.

Darksaviour69
October 26th, 2006, 14:12
they are selling ps3s at a loss

kwok
October 26th, 2006, 16:46
Actually if less than a few million units are sold worldwide, a majority of the games development companies and publishers will not even entertain developing for the system. I really hope that happens as then there will be absolutely no point in buying one as noone is making games for it.

That would mean all that money spent on developing the console (must be in the £billions) the advertising (again must be in £billions) plus the repecursions of selling big companies exploding batteries, and the psp not being as successful as anmticipated, that might all just stack up and collapse sony.

That really would make me very happy.

F9zDark
October 26th, 2006, 17:49
Boycotting Sony? What message are you trying to get across to them? "Don't be greedy"? I don't think Sony will stop being greedy with a simple boycott or petition. My creed? Buy their products if you like the products, if you don't like the products, then don't. Simple as that. Ethics is something that cannot exist in big-business. And this is true of Sony, MS, and Nintendo.

And why can ethics not exist in big business? It is this line of thinking that will permit these megacorps to rise higher and higher, unchecked until we are totally bereft of free rights from their tyrannical grip. And governments only seem to comply with this crap.

A boycott of all Sony goods, by a large percentage of the population would do more than enough damage to Sony. They would have to resort to closing entire markets that they hold, mass firings, etc. When they get reduced to mid-size business status and have incurred losses in the billions of the dollars, they will realize that they need to change their ways.

What's funny is that when these businesses start out, its all about the customer and delivering a product that works and lasts forever. And as time goes on and many money bloated wallets later, this care and dedication to the consumer, which is the SOLE entity that got said business where they are, is thrown to the wayside.

The longer we allow businesses to trample over us, the more and more we'll be forced to listen to them in the future.

Now its 'don't import' and 'buy PS1 games to play' and 'don't buy preowned games'. What does the future hold for us if we allow Sony to continue on this path? They believe that discs will be out by the time of PS4, so what does that mean for us? Are they going to put Gamestop out of business because they won't need game stores anymore?

Why should any sane human being just accept this shit and stand idly and let it continue. And be so ignorant as to say we can do NOTHING about it?

And with that I close with this quote:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

gov1
November 19th, 2006, 23:10
WHY ARE CONSOLE AND GAME RELEASE DATE SO FAR APART FOR DIFFERNT REGIONS!!!!!????!??!?!?!?!
we should hav got psp same day as the japs or americans, we europeans are sick of being last for games and consoles.

books and stuff manage to come out on the same damn date >=(

grantendo
November 21st, 2006, 03:32
PS3 sucks hard Wii

shadowprophet
November 21st, 2006, 04:53
I kind of like the ps3, at first the shock of the raw price, offended me. But as time passed and i became more openminded of all the features it will have. my opinion has changed. Sure sony is the devil. But if they continue to keep there third party devs. How could one really pass it up ? it would seem the ps3 will rule this next gen aswell:cool: