PDA

View Full Version : Psp: 2.71 Custom Firmware SE-B

JOJAN_MOO
October 25th, 2006, 15:33
News and Release from Dark Alex (http://dax.lan.st/):

Heres the full details:

This is a custom firmware that lets to have in a single flash the advantages of firmware 1.50 and
2.71 at the same time.

Homebrew can be run on both kernels, the 1.50 one and the 2.71 one, letting almost all current homebrew
to work on the 1.50 kernel, and 2.71 homebrew compatible with HEN C in the 2.71 kernel.

Note: the installer writes to FLASH0. I'm not responsable of any damage of what happens,
since this software is provided free and without warranty.
TA-082 users cannot use this because a 1.50 bootstrap is needed to boot the system patched.

At the moment, there is only installer for 1.50, although it could be easily ported to whatever
firmware with kernel access such as 2.60 and 2.71, but at the moment i prefer not to doing it to avoid
TA-082 using it and bricking their psp's.

Note that this package DOES NOT contain any illegal material. The user has to provide the 1.50 and
2.71 updaters pbp's to legally generate the DXAR file used for the flashing.

Heres more details:

Using SE
--------

- SE runs all homebrew from the /PSP/GAM271 folder using the 2.71 kernel. The compatibility of
applications using the 2.71 kernel is the same as HEN-C since they both use the same core.
Homebrew here have to be NOT kxploited.

- To run applications with the 1.50 kernel, and have about 99% compatibility with current homebrew,
put those applications in the /PSP/GAME150 folder.
Homebrew here can be either kxploited or not.

Now the standard folder, /PSP/GAME can be configured in the recovery menu to either execute 1.50
homebrew or 2.71 one. (by default is set at 2.71 for compatibility with previous version)

- Native UMD emulation is now in the custom firmware. ISOS are shown under memory stick games.
Currently ISO and CSO are implemented, for technical reasons DAX is not implemented yet, but may
be done in the future. At the moment they require an umd to be inserted in order to be played, although
they show in the xmb without an umd.
Note that whenever you do an update to the ISO folder (add, delete, change files, first SE-B execution),
a little delay will ocurr when entering in memory stick games. While the ISO folder is not changed, this won't
happen.

Using recovery menu
-------------------

- To enter in recovery menu, press R when power on the psp.
The recovery mode lets to set options, and it lets to recover potential bricks, as soon as
the 1.50 bootstrap is intact.

- Toggle USB: It will enable/diable USB mass storage.

- Configuration. All setings are set to disabled by default.

* Skip SCE logo. If you enable this, you won't see that beautiful, (but sometimes annoying)
Sony Computer Entertainment logo when power on the psp (and in this way you also disable the autorun of
UMD).

* Hide corrupt icons. It will hide corrupt icons. Note that currently not all corrupt icons
are hidden but most of them. This setting can SLOW down the access to game menu if you have too many items.
This will be improved in the future, however the best way to hide corrupt icons is always to convert your kxploited
applications to a standard single PBP.

* Game folder homebrew. It will let you choose with which kernel, 1.50 or 2.71,
programs at /PSP/GAME will be executed.

* Autorun program at /PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP. When enabled, it will run that program at startup.
Notice, that that program runs always in 1.50 kernel.

- Advanced. This setting shouldn't be touched by most users, since they are mainly for debugging purposes.
It lets to flash some NOT critical files to the flash from the directory ms0:/reflash.

- Advanced configuration (inside Advaned).

* Plain modules in UMD/ISO. By default it is disabled, because it was found that the patch to run
plain modules gave compatibility problems with some umd games. (error 0x8002012D).
You can always enable it if interested in running unsigned code in an iso.

* Execute boot.bin in UMD/ISO. If enabled, it will run BOOT.BIN instead of EBOOT.BIN. This option
has no sense if the plain modules one is not enabled.

- Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP. This is what currently enables to recover a
semi-bricked psp (e.g. the vsh doesn't show, but you can reach the recovery mode).
Despite being in the game folder, that program will be executed in 1.50 kernel, so if even 2.71
kernel is destroyed, that program can be run.

Because official SCE updaters don't work in that 1.50 kernel environment (because they need some vsh files
not available), i've included with this package a flasher that lets to flash any official update from
1.50-2.71 to your psp.
To use it, copy the files inside inside "flasher for recovery/RECOVERY" in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/
and the official SCE updater renamed as UPDATE.PBP in the same directory, and run the program
through the recovery option.

Another alternative for recovery is to reflash the own 2.71 SE-B.
To do this, copy the EBOOT.PBP of 271seflasher to /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP along with the
DATA.DXAR file, and run it through recovery.

DEVHOOK
-------

- Devhook for 1.50 can be run on GAME150 and devhook for 2.71 can be run on GAME folder.

- In devhook for 1.50 you cannot use the option of 1.50 flash if you are gonna reboot to XMB.

- When using devhook 0.46, DO NOT use the options for flashing things.

- In devhook for 2.71, the 2.71 flash mode didn't work because a special patch to the flash driver
is needed. I worked to fix this and the fix for it can be found in the "devhook271 flash fix" folder.
UPDATE: now the fix is updated, and it has the problem of the error 0x8002012D fixed.
More details there.

1.50 Compatibility
------------------

- Most of 1.50 homebrew work. There maybe some exceptions of few programs that interfere with
the reboot system of SE. These programs can be umdemulatorand daxziso, although i have not
tested them. They may not work at all or work in certain modes (direct load methods probably).
Programs that hacks the flash like xflash, pspset, sxt version changer, etc are not
recommended to be used here.

- Irshell shows as corrupted... this is an issue in 2.XX vsh's. They don't like irshell sfo :)
The solution to make it show (and work) is to apply the solution given by frmariam originally
for epsilon bios: ..

- It seems that original umdemulator also shows as corrupted.
Try changing the sfo and maybe also the icon to fix that.

- Since 1.50 kernel gets patched, it can support things that a normal 1.50 cannot do, such as loadexecuting
prx's, loading modules, signed or not, from ms and flash in user mode without previous patches,
loading real pbp's, etc

- Note with wifi: 1.50 kernel doesn't understand WPA. So if you have a connection with WPA, you cannot
magically use it in a 1.50 application. Use WEP or not protection, or wait to wifi applications to
be ported to 2.71 kernel.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Remember NO ISO Discussion, We are only interested in the Homebrew and Emulation Aspects of this Release

JOJAN_MOO
October 25th, 2006, 15:45
Not everybody reads other news site but this site.

wraggster
October 25th, 2006, 15:45
fixed the news and post

wraggster
October 25th, 2006, 15:48
thanks for the news also, just got home

grit
October 25th, 2006, 15:51
Glad to see this on the front page.

Now a tip: You MUST create a ISO folder (even if nothing goes in it) on the root of the MS or it will crash when accessing MS for HBs.

d3v1l
October 25th, 2006, 16:00
whats the difference from se-a, cuz idk if its worth it so downgrade bck to 1,5 , n update again to 2.71 se-b...can anyone tell me?

MikeDX
October 25th, 2006, 16:06
1.5 is now officially useless.

Sony = owned

Emeriastone
October 25th, 2006, 16:19
How easy is it to revert back to 1.5 if I don't like this?

S34MU5
October 25th, 2006, 16:22
Dose this have full compat???
And im gona stay with 1.5 cause it sounds like it is easier to flash stuff to it.

Me love da Flashy!

MasterChafed
October 25th, 2006, 16:26
iso loading is apparently included in this release.

michael_dack_2005
October 25th, 2006, 16:26
All I can say is WOW!

I just upgraded, or slide-graded cos i aint gone "up" as such, but nehu.

It is gr8, cya 1.5 ! Hello 2.71 SE-b (c, D, E, F ...)

mnuhaily22
October 25th, 2006, 16:27
How easy is it to revert back to 1.5 if I don't like this?
I think 1.5 is still better since all this update does is make a little bit of homebrew a little more accesible(when you could play all in 1.5)and makes illegal iso's easier to steal, in other words, stay at 1.5, just some words of advise, but do whatever you want, and why put your PSP at risk of becoming a brick?

grit
October 25th, 2006, 16:36

Sony = owned
Ditto. And they deserve to get owned! (with the lastest lik-sang related actions and so)

......and why put your PSP at risk of becoming a brick?
Looks like you did put your at risk yourself:

mnuhaily22
October 25th, 2006, 16:40
Ditto. And they deserve to get owned! (with the lastest lik-sang related actions and so)

Looks like you did put your at risk yourself:
True, but still, how on earth could you blame me for my PSP just bricking because of broken UPDATES.
I should change my sig from break to brick cause that is what I mean.

slayer2psp
October 25th, 2006, 16:46
awsome. stuff that didnt work with version(a ) work with this

Apoklepz
October 25th, 2006, 16:55
I think 1.5 is still better since all this update does is make a little bit of homebrew a little more accesible(when you could play all in 1.5)and makes illegal iso's easier to steal, in other words, stay at 1.5, just some words of advise, but do whatever you want, and why put your PSP at risk of becoming a brick?

If this is already proven to work, only an idiot could brick a PSP with it...1.50 firmware WAS the best, since now this play everything that 1.50 plays + you don't need to waste 30MB or more worth of your MS to emulate higher firmwares with Devhook and be able to play your newer UMD's...So, why would you still think 1.50 is better if this update can do everything 1.50 can + Recovery mode + more free space on MS? I've been on 1.50 forever, and this update finally decides my PSP's upgrading...Thanks Dark Alex and Crew!

ebitiba
October 25th, 2006, 17:02
What about whenever we buy a new PSP UMD game that requires a firmware higher than FW 2.71? Will the UMD work with this?

ExcruciationX
October 25th, 2006, 17:02
Just upgraded, and it's great! Sony got owned! http://ruinsmiley.tripod.com/RUINSMILEY_files/FLAME.gif

theaceoffire
October 25th, 2006, 17:07
You don't need to downgrade to install this new version if you already have 2.71 SE A.

^_^ Just add a folder to your Game150 folder, start it, done.

O.o nice.

AND for the record:
1. 1.50 was nice. Yep. Woo.
2. 2.71 SE a is better. Yep.
2.a. All the neat stuff by sony, including RSS, web browser, etc.
2.b. Play almost anything from 1.5~2.71 without restarting, loading a secondary program, or having to use the tiff exploit.
2.c. Get to laugh a lot. Don't know why, I think happiness is built into this thing.

^_^ Kk.

jim80b
October 25th, 2006, 17:08
If this is already proven to work, only an idiot could brick a PSP with it...1.50 firmware WAS the best, since now this play everything that 1.50 plays + you don't need to waste 30MB or more worth of your MS to emulate higher firmwares with Devhook and be able to play your newer UMD's...So, why would you still think 1.50 is better if this update can do everything 1.50 can + Recovery mode + more free space on MS? I've been on 1.50 forever, and this update finally decides my PSP's upgrading...Thanks Dark Alex and Crew!

it is kinda annoying... i live in devhook mode 85% of time, (even use it for gta's "i need v2.00" umd) and its a pain to have to reboot to use ir shell.
then reload it to use the web-browser.

have editied mine lots, and just what to check if custom fonts still works on this one? (using xflash i guess to change it)
also custom backgrounds - does it support themes (v2 upwards - i have a pic of my kids on it, but if i replace the background the icons are corrupt, rather use themes if possible)

anyone who has flashed please let me know if i can customise it? else am happy keeping 1.5 one look / devhook 2.71 another

pkmaximum
October 25th, 2006, 17:19
Wow, its finally decided, I was on firmware 1.5 since March 24 (the PSP's release date in the USA) and now with all the new features. I have finally decided to do this.

Apoklepz
October 25th, 2006, 17:45
Ok, I'm ready to upgrade to 2.71 SE-B...I'm waiting for my PSP to reach full charge...I need to know what I have to do in oreder to update my current fw to this...I am currently at Harleyg's custom 1.50.

MikeDX
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a life time.

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

JD/
It looks good but does every single homebrew/emulator work on this firmware and can I use theme psp to put on my beloved golden sun theme. Im so familiar with harleyg's and I love the dual booting (I dont know why ). Is this firmware really that good that I should replace harleyg's with it.

mr_nick666
October 25th, 2006, 17:52

Sony = owned

NEVER!!! :eek: Its still not quite 1.5... :rolleyes: Great work by the D_A though :D

double_d
October 25th, 2006, 17:58
Great work Dark Alex. For me, this definitely tops 1.5. But to each their own.

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 18:03
2.71 SE, the alternative golden firmware, coming soon to a PSP near you

LOL
anyway lets answer a question

Is this firmware really that good that I should replace harleyg's with it?
This firmware is excellent, as it combines being able to play comercial and homebrew games without devhook. Where you chould replace it depends on the following really;
Do you use devhook often?
Yes=Its worth at least trying out this firmware as devhook takes ages to load and stuff
No=May as well stay at 1.50 then
Whats Devhook???=.....Please tell me your joking, you must know what devhook is

Do you like customising your XMB?
Yes=Stay at 1.50 as the flash customising tools (like X-flash and Theme PSP) are much more advanced (and thus, much better) than the 2 that are on 2.71 SE
No=Depends on your answer to question 1 (devhook)
Whats a XMB???=Cross Media Bar, aka the psp startup menu thing

Do you use ISOs?
Yes=READ THE RULEZ NO ISO TALK
No=Good, ur no pirate, upgrading depends on your other 2 answers
Whats an ISO???=Not gonna bother telling you, so you dont try an use em, so you dont start pointless 'What do i do to get this ISO working' thread

siulmagic
October 25th, 2006, 18:17
im wondering will wifi work on this costum firmware im asking cus i plan to update to 2.0 then go back to 1.50 and then flash this costum firmware not gona take eny chanses in briking another psp,also i have harlegs CF so im thiking i have to do this no matter what if not plz tell me thx in advance and this is the best homebrew so far =D

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 18:23
wifi should work, but wpa or whatever wont work on 1.50 homebrew (cause 1.50 only had no security and wep security options) its up to you if you want to go for a clean firmware, but it shouldnt be neccesary as it wipes your flash before updating

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 18:33
is it possible to downgrade back 2 1.5 bcos im finking of doing it and i am still a bit scared:o

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 18:42
it is possible to move to any firmware via recovery.
just move the "RECOVERY" folder inside the "files for recovery" folder to the GAME folder
get update eboot (any)
rename it to UPDATE.PBP (if that doesn't work, rename it to UPDATE)
put that into the "RECOVERY" folder
turn PSP off (if it was turned on), then hold R and turn psp on
select run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and press X
press X again when disclaimer comes up and your psp will begin degrading (or upgrading if you used 2.80/2.81 update ebbot)

Mazu
October 25th, 2006, 18:47
How the heck do i install this? The first page didnt show any instructions and neither did the readme file... i figured i just needed to move the 4 game files from "Newinstall" into my game folder. I loaded up the "SE-B Installer" thing and it started like it was a game (Like i figured it would) but then it just turned my PSP off and nothing happened when i restarted it (Lucky im not bricked...).

Can someone kindly give me instructions to install this? My firmware is 2.71

porchemasi
October 25th, 2006, 18:49
you need fw 1.5 to install this

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 18:49
u must know every single to this firmware

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 18:52
sorry for asking to much question but does the reverse devhook to 1.5 play all homebrew

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 18:54
u must know every single to this firmware
who were you talking to and what did you mean, me no understand

How the heck do i install this? The first page didnt show any instructions and neither did the readme file... i figured i just needed to move the 4 game files from "Newinstall" into my game folder. I loaded up the "SE-B Installer" thing and it started like it was a game (Like i figured it would) but then it just turned my PSP off and nothing happened when i restarted it (Lucky im not bricked...).

You have to run the update maker before the installer, then move the file made (DATA.DAXR) from the "seupdmaker" folder to the "271seflasher" folder

EDIT:

sorry for asking to much question but does the reverse devhook to 1.5 play all homebrew
probably, but i dont use as all homebrew i use works on 2.71 SE, but as far as i know only iso loaders and flashers (like x-flash) dont work on 2.71 SE

Mazu
October 25th, 2006, 18:54
So i can do that and it'll be ok on my 2.71? after i do that, then i just run the installer and i have SE-B?

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 18:57
ah, no, it has to be done on a 1.50 (this was done as TA-082 people would brick if the updated to 2.71 SE cause of 1.50 bootstrap, as TA-082 people cannot get to 1.50, they cannot update to 2.71 SE)

Mazu
October 25th, 2006, 18:59
Understood, thank you very much

Veskgar
October 25th, 2006, 19:09
I have editied mine lots, and just what to check if custom fonts still works on this one? (using xflash i guess to change it)
also custom backgrounds - does it support themes (v2 upwards - i have a pic of my kids on it, but if i replace the background the icons are corrupt, rather use themes if possible)

anyone who has flashed please let me know if i can customize it? else am happy keeping 1.5 one look / devhook 2.71 another
Yes same here. Can you still use custom gameboots while in the 2.71 SE-B firmware?

M!ckeY
October 25th, 2006, 19:13
great work Dark_Alex, i love this custom firmware. :)

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 19:20
i have upgraded to the 271seb but any time i want to go to my memory card(games) it just freezes and turns off

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 19:25
you need a folder in the root of your memory stick called iso
this is due to neew iso loading feature (NOONE EVEN BOTHER ASKING ABOUT THIS, YOU WILL BE BANNED, OR WARNED BY A MOD)

crowba
October 25th, 2006, 19:26
I Smell ISO SUPPORT on this Site :((((((((((((((((

Veskgar
October 25th, 2006, 19:39
SWEET! Built in ISO loading & support.

Come on, lets not be ignorant.... PSP games run much better in ISO form. This 2.71 custom firmware is looking better and better.

Besides aren't there now like 2 or 3 separate "Sony Angers the World" threads with countless posts stating "F**K YOU SONY"

???

Then some people want to bitch about ISO discussion? Get real!!!

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 19:44
i understand what your saying Veskgar, people are upset the sony (in a way) forced lik-sang to shut down, but isos are still against the rules so, no iso talk

Veskgar
October 25th, 2006, 19:47
i understand what your saying Veskgar, people are upset the sony (in a way) forced lik-sang to shut down, but isos are still against the rules so, no iso talk
You are right! The no ISO discussion is the wish of DCEMU. So it is out of respect for DCEMU rather than for SONY that the rules are followed.

Shrygue
October 25th, 2006, 19:48
Custom firmware 2.71 SE-B sounds better than A, more good features to try out then. Right, maybe I'll start testing this out on my white version 1.50 console and hope for no brick to happen.

YourStillWithMe
October 25th, 2006, 19:50
The whole point of this release is the .cso and .iso aspect of it. How canyou possibly say that we can't talk about isos? Honestly, this website is so friggin white.

Dark Alex; seriosuly; this SE crap is a waste of time its cool and nifty and all but its not what we really need. This does not help us to launch games requiring 2.80-2.81 firmware nor will it ever help us launch the 3.00 firmware with the psone emulator. Stop wasting your and our time.

mavsman4457
October 25th, 2006, 19:51
I don't plan on changing my firmware until harleyg comes out with 0x89. That is gonna be sweet.

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 19:59
The whole point of this release is the .cso and .iso aspect of it. How canyou possibly say that we can't talk about isos? Honestly, this website is so friggin white.
Maybe, your opinion is yours to keep, but the rules are still rules

Dark Alex; seriosuly; this SE crap is a waste of time its cool and nifty and all but its not what we really need. This does not help us to launch games requiring 2.80-2.81 firmware nor will it ever help us launch the 3.00 firmware with the psone emulator. Stop wasting your and our time.
well you find the kernal exploit that Dark needs for 2.80 and the eboot running exploit he needs for 2.81, them im sure he'll gladly make an eboot loader type thing for 2.80/2.81
as for the 3.00 and psone emulator bit, there not even out yet...theres nothing he can do about it till they do come out is there

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 20:11

I agree wid wat yourstillwithme said gta vcs is coming next month and i dont wanna up grade we need a new devhook and also the ps1 emu(sweet:D )

Nasty Nate
October 25th, 2006, 20:13
can the edison carter cheatdevice for GTA:LCS work for this, or will i have to devhook 2.0

and does the thing from maxconsole work to make irshells icon not be corrupt?

E.J.
October 25th, 2006, 20:20
I agree wid wat yourstillwithme said gta vcs is coming next month and i dont wanna up grade we need a new devhook and also the ps1 emu(sweet:D )

Stop talking shit.... if you want that, make it yourself and let the good coders keep doing their stuff.

Anyway, leaving the ISO loading matter aside, this is a great advance into making the perfect custom fw, is really great to use the browser an rss reader without having to reboot into devhook (don't get me wrong booster, i still think DH is great!)

The only thing we need now to make this perfect is x-flash with 2.71 SE-B support :D

Shrygue
October 25th, 2006, 20:23
can the cheatdevice work for this, or will i have to devhook 2.0

If we are to have a new version of Device Hook (like version 0.47 or something), someone has to go and crack the 2.80 or 2.81 firmware first and that unfortunately takes time. :(

jamesmc3stripe
October 25th, 2006, 20:33
has tht not been done?

Destroyer699
October 25th, 2006, 20:34
I am sad to report that the Se-A update to Se-B only bricked my psp. I was able to recover though. I had an error I had not seen before. Semi-Error writing sysctrl.prx or somthing

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 20:35
can the edison carter cheatdevice for GTA:LCS work for this, or will i have to devhook 2.0

you have to devhook for cheat device as it was 2.71 that blocked the save data exploit

for ir shell grab the fix here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39814)

I am sad to report that the Se-A update to Se-B only bricked my psp. I was able to recover though. I had an error I had not seen before. Semi-Error writing sysctrl.prx or somthing

I read at a different psp site that if you upgrade from SE-A to SE-B with custom flash mods (gameboot, backgrounds, font) it can brick due to lack of space (or something like that), but it didnt happen to me, so i dunno

Destroyer699
October 25th, 2006, 20:40
That could be my problem.

EDIT: That was indeed my problem. I got a clean install of 2.71 SE-A and it updated perfectly. I don't know if it was a one in a million chance or a bug but heed my warning. Don't use the updater if you have flashed custom gameboots, backgrounds, or fonts. You just never know.

scarph
October 25th, 2006, 20:47
two quick questions

should i uninstall harley g before installing this

also, does this have the same features as harley g in that you can just plug in usb and it turns on, i really like that

Destroyer699
October 25th, 2006, 20:50
No, you do not have to uninstall it(but I would). And no, it does not have auto usb. That was a .prx mod. Maybe support for those in the future.

jak66
October 25th, 2006, 20:50
should i uninstall harley g before installing this
No you dont need to as it wipes our flash, then installs the firmware

also, does this have the same features as harley g in that you can just plug in usb and it turns on, i really like that
no it doest, that plug in usb thing is a custom prx addon isnt it, and custom prxs arnt supported in this version (but maybe next version, im begining to miss mp3xmb)

EDIT:beat to answering the question, nevermind

scarph
October 25th, 2006, 20:53
cool beans cool beanssss

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 20:54
Ok, I'm ready to upgrade to 2.71 SE-B...I'm waiting for my PSP to reach full charge...I need to know what I have to do in oreder to update my current fw to this...I am currently at Harleyg's custom 1.50.
u don't need to do anything i ran it with harleyg's cfw and all my homebrews and it worked just fine

this is soooo shweet, going from SE-A to SE-B now :D

Destroyer699
October 25th, 2006, 20:59
Make sure to have no flashed gameboots, fonts, or backgrounds.

smith1
October 25th, 2006, 21:00
Make sure to have no flashed gameboots, fonts, or backgrounds.That won't matter.

Shrygue
October 25th, 2006, 21:04
Hmmm, I better try and remember that. I've already spent far too much funds replacing bricked and physically damaged PSPs.

kando
October 25th, 2006, 21:10
when u can set ur photos as backgrounds i dunno why one would want to flash a background anyways...

one BEAUTIFUL thing is you can go into the recovery menu, and set the option so your 1.50/1.00 homebrew can go in /psp/game/ and your 2.xx homebrew goes to /psp/game271/

much better cuz when running devhook you can still run most of your good homebrew, which is under /psp/game/ :)

also more compatibility for games like SMM and others that hard-code /psp/game/xxx into them.

THIS is the GOLDEN FIRMWARE that everyone has been waiting for. THIS IS IT.

SONY = u lose.

one question...has anyone tried flashing custom prx loading config files yet?

and to answer some questions: gameboots, backgrounds, coldboots, etc can all be flashed w/ no problem.

and if you have a fresh 2.71 se-a...it takes about 2 seconds to update to se-b :P

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 21:12
quick question what do u need reverse dehook 4

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 21:14
quick question what do u need reverse dehook 4
if u have a TA-082 mobo u can emulate 1.5 fw and still play 1.5 homebrew, since TA-082 mobo users can't use this that's the next best thing

scarph
October 25th, 2006, 21:19
wow wow wow
i thought se-a was a stupid idea, but one COMPLETLY LEGAL feature really caught my eye.

this is just the frosting on the cake of my 1.5/devhook setup. ahh its so easy

im looking forward to prx's i love aiomod

shit i have one more question, i need help can someone walk me through

it said something about if you wanna recover due to a brick you can just use the same 2 folders you used to flash.
who knows where to put those files, i put them in game/recovery. is that right?

doverkiller
October 25th, 2006, 21:42
I understand "no ISO discussion" but by hosting this stuff, beside your not interested in it, you already support ISO piracy..

I like this anyway.. :D

O-bake
October 25th, 2006, 21:45
Anyways...

I just to get all my emus and games i use in unkexploited 1.0 versions, but there are some only for 1.5

how can i convert 1.5 .pbp's to 1.0 ones?
i tried the seipsp tool, but it doesn't seem to work.

scarph
October 25th, 2006, 21:49
why convert to 1.0 theres no reallll reason to,
just use recovery mode and hid all corrupt icons

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 21:50
I understand "no ISO discussion" but by hosting this stuff, beside your not interested in it, you already support ISO piracy..

I like this anyway.. :D
wise@$$...:D jk, they just don't want it to get outta control as they support it only for the homebrew capabilities

O-bake
October 25th, 2006, 21:52
why convert to 1.0 theres no reallll reason to,
just use recovery mode and hid all corrupt icons
because i don't want to hide items or anything. i just want single .pbp's for all my files, no reason for me now, to have those stupid name% folders.

but even if it makes sense or not, i doesn't answer my question at all ;)

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 21:54
does anyone konw how to restore the default gameboot and font 4 dis firmware after using uflash

BL4Z3D247
October 25th, 2006, 21:56
does anyone konw how to restore the default gameboot and font 4 dis firmware after using uflash
not sure, never used uflash but u should beable to take the files from the firmware dumps used for devhook and flash the files u overwrote

Shrygue
October 25th, 2006, 22:08

I used PSP Set 0.9 to change the gameboot screen and the bootsound on 2.71 SE-A. The program is written for FW 1.50 but works if put in the GAME150 folder. You can restore the defaults for those. Didn't try the option to change the firmware number in case I landed up with a brick or that Red Screen Of Doom which is not good either.

As for the font..you'll just have to obtain it from a clean firmware dump. Or search somewhere on the Internet. I found some font pack for the PSP and it did have the default font, but I can't remember what exactly it was called though.

kando
October 25th, 2006, 22:26
Anyways...

I just to get all my emus and games i use in unkexploited 1.0 versions, but there are some only for 1.5

how can i convert 1.5 .pbp's to 1.0 ones?
i tried the seipsp tool, but it doesn't seem to work.

use "psp brew"...i converted all of mine :)

bullhead
October 25th, 2006, 22:39
dcemu did not post news of devhook versions that supported iso loading. Am I right? Because of the piracy issue. They waited for a umd only version, didnt they? Then it made the news.

So why post news of this when the only new feature is iso support? I am against piracy and I just think hosting this is a bit hypocritical of the sites preachings and devhook history.

I love this place by the way, just thought id put that out there...

scarph
October 25th, 2006, 22:50
o well it supports isos
thats mostly what dark alex does

but if dcemu doesnt wanna mention it i guess they have the right. im sure most people on this site use them, its just wragg could get in major shit for talking about/giving links to isos

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 23:04
does anyone know if psp set 0.9 is safe 4 dis version

notaforumtroll
October 25th, 2006, 23:08
Lots of hard work put into this! but i dont think its for everyone, i'll stick with 1.5 and devhook .46 doing up 2.71,

all this work just to play 1.5 homebrew in 2.71? dark_alex is spoiling ALOT of people, when he could just say, boot your lazy ass to 1.5. But i guess if you have a puny sized memory stick and need the space. I'd rather see updated devhooks or custom emulated firmwares bumping 0x89, for the ammount of time i spend using 1.5 homebrew to playing Iso's in devhook, its like 10% 1.5 brew 90% iso brew. i'm sure its like that for a number of us, always a step in the right direction but i dont like the idea of upgrading my flash everytime a newer firmware or game that requires a higher firmware comes out
ps, why is everyone so excited? i see this no different than finally putting peanut butter and jelly in the same sandwich. its not like either hadnt been around for quite some time

Rocksil
October 25th, 2006, 23:31
no one should try the psp set 0.9 u just end up seeing the red screen of death

-=me=-
October 26th, 2006, 00:22
why cant homebrew users just use 1.5 and devhook. its not that slow, and lowers risk of breaking your psp. besides, the GTA cheat device doesn't work with 2.71, but does withdevhook 2.6

i just dont get it..........

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 00:40
why cant homebrew users just use 1.5 and devhook. its not that slow, and lowers risk of breaking your psp. besides, the GTA cheat device doesn't work with 2.71, but does withdevhook 2.6

i just dont get it..........
cuz we can now eliminate devhook and not have to load a million things when we can use 2.71SE-B for internet and UMD's that need upto 2.71 fw to play

Kramer
October 26th, 2006, 00:42
Jesus christ I dont get why some people are so against this new firmware its much better than 1.5.

Apoklepz
October 26th, 2006, 00:52
I've found some flaws in the 1.50 kernel mode, mainly with the CPS2 emulator...The games now lag like a slug...This sux, I really wanted to stay on this firmware, but this is the emulator I mostly play on my PSP right now. I've tried both kernel and non kernel versions and it still happens...I even converted the games again, just to make sure but it's still happening.

Please visit the thread I just put up in the "PSP Emulation and Homebrew Forum" if any of you guys find a way around this....It happens mainly with the games that require a lot of push, like the trademark Capcom VS. series games and Progear.

First thing you'll notice is it takes a lot longer to load the games when "loading sprites cache" is in effect...take a look-see and you'll see what I mean.

FOL
October 26th, 2006, 00:55
Jesus christ I dont get why some people are so against this new firmware its much better than 1.5.

I agree, I dont miss 1.50, everythig I use Emulator wise works 100% perfect.

fistikuffs
October 26th, 2006, 01:37

A bit over the top my friend. The installation is well coded and i haven't heard of any confirmed bricks. And you dwell on the pirating issue without mentioning one of the best things about it... no need for devhook to play umds requiring fw2.xx. You can't do that with 1.5!

Also this software cannot and does not "makes illegal iso's easier to steal" if i was dark alex i'd sue your ass for that bit of fantasy. If you must give advice on wether to try this or not at least try to base your argument on facts. This custom firmware is fantastic which you would be able to find out if you weren't such a scardy cat:p

Nasty Nate
October 26th, 2006, 01:56
ok the i cant get the irshell icon to be not corrupt, i have tried both the files from maxconsole and the files mentioned earlier, someone please help

thaforgottenone
October 26th, 2006, 02:41
the devhook icon...the one where it plays a song, dont know the name of the song but it goes, " i feel good.." When i clicked on it to run i get a msg and goes back to main screen... any thought of whats wrong?

YourStillWithMe
October 26th, 2006, 02:56
Kramer-When your done smoking your pipe, come back into this thread. Dude, think about what you said. I give the SE credit only to the fact that it has recovery mode. But lets start here with these 2 questions Does it run ALL homebrew? No you cannot run umdemulator, fastloader, xflash, pspset, or any version changer for that matter. If you try a version changer the psp gets messed up! Do you have any protection from updates? Not at all! Your still running a 2.71 the only cool thing (and you know it) is the fact that you can run 1.50 eboots. 1.00 eboots? Who cares! are you a girl? No. Do you need your folders "organized?" 1.50 offers users protection from updates, runs all homebrew and it is the hardest firmware to find packaged nowadays. This project in general, is a waste of our time and it is only a mear fab. In about a month or 2 something GOOD will come out and you all will dispatch of this firmware, trust me. Even if devhook .48 or something gets released you will have no protection from an update. People always update by accident because well, people are stupid. :-)

Looks like Booster (if he isn't being a dork about that whole "Sony may shut down boosters project" bull) is our only hope because Dark hasn't released anything in while that is good. I respect his intelligence and skill in coding to the upmost and i could never compare to him in my life but this is a waste.

Kramer
October 26th, 2006, 03:29
Kramer-When your done smoking your pipe, come back into this thread. Dude, think about what you said.

I finished my pipe and ive had a think about what I said. Ive come to the conclusion that you dont really know what your talking about because this firmware allready blocks updates and there is no need for umdemulator or fastloader it has a built in iso/cso loader allready plus play iso/cso/s straight from the game menu. I dont think there is a need to "dispatch" this firmware when a new devhook comes out(if it does anyway:o) because we can just run the new devhook like we normally would on a 1.5:rolleyes: .

I dont think this project is a waste of time because there is thousands of people around the world enjoying it right now.

The thing I dont get is why your so protective over 1.5 because we can go straight back to it if we want to.

1.5 cons
>have to load devhook up if you want to run 2.0+ UMD's.
>Have to load up devhook for web browser.
>Have to load up Devhook for any 2.71 feature.

1.5 pros
>X-flash works(woopteedoo)
thats about all the pros for 1.5

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 04:37
I finished my pipe and ive had a think about what I said. Ive come to the conclusion that you dont really know what your talking about because this firmware allready blocks updates and there is no need for umdemulator or fastloader it has a built in iso/cso loader allready plus play iso/cso/s straight from the game menu. I dont think there is a need to "dispatch" this firmware when a new devhook comes out(if it does anyway:o) because we can just run the new devhook like we normally would on a 1.5:rolleyes: .

I dont think this project is a waste of time because there is thousands of people around the world enjoying it right now.

The thing I dont get is why your so protective over 1.5 because we can go straight back to it if we want to.

1.5 cons
>have to load devhook up if you want to run 2.0+ UMD's.
>Have to load up devhook for web browser.
>Have to load up Devhook for any 2.71 feature.

1.5 pros
>X-flash works(woopteedoo)
thats about all the pros for 1.5
couldn't of said it better myself stoner buddy, well said :D

Kramer
October 26th, 2006, 05:21
lol thnx. I think thats my longest ever post which is amazing because I type so slow.

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 05:42
lol thnx. I think thats my longest ever post which is amazing because I type so slow.
lol no prob bob, and u type slow cuz ur a bushhead lmfao :D

Kvonx
October 26th, 2006, 07:25
....This is da FUTURE!!!!

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 09:01
Do you have any protection from updates? Not at all!
....no protection, except if we try and update we get an error (DADADADADA)

No you cannot run umdemulator/fastloader
...and why do we need to do them exactly???

No you cannot run xflash/pspset
wow, look at my PSP, its got a tarted up XMB, that im gonna look at for about 5 seconds, before im gonna use homebrew/devhook to play my 2.XX games

tuta
October 26th, 2006, 10:05
I agree with jak66 and kramer but I still dun get what you mean by 1.5 protected so u wont upgrade?

And If ure talkin bout xflash thers currently uflash to customize and has a few aspects of x-flash.And its still being developed so future releases could be better

Oh and dark alex if youre readin this please edit the reverse devhook and put a 271F-seB rather than 271F this way we can emulate a 2.71 with 1.5 capabilities and we could access cheatmaster and cwcheat aswell as the svcapture module to work with our homebrews(Cheatmaster could hack snes gba and gameboy games if u dun know this)
I love cheating:D

i tried with emulated 1.5 cw cheat and cheatmaster works but svcapture dun work and 1 more thing to add to the misery is snestyl 0.42me dun work with emulated 1.5 so i use 0.3me

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 10:13
I agree with jak66 and kramer but I still dun get what you mean by 1.5 protected so u wont upgrade?
what he meant was if you version spoof your 1.5 psp (to anything higher than 2.82 now) it wont let you update your psp cause your psp thinks its already at a higher firmware

EDIT:LOLZ, just managed to use theme psp on this firmware, i tried all (except menu name would brick i think so i didnt try them) and only backgroungs didnt work, probably cause there wasnt enough space on the flash

tuta
October 26th, 2006, 10:37
Lol I get it now but I still dun know why people like changin menu names so much whats the difference anywae their still names lol but changin Icons to suit ur theme definitely rocks changin memory card Icon to a red heart in a dracula theme wud be so cool lol

i am onli hopin for somthing like a dual boot along with a devhook thats supports 2.71seb flash I dun get it why emulate 271F when we have 2.71seb:confused: but if 2.71se could load prx like cheatmaster and svcapture I will delete devhook from my ms until 2.81 comes

Oh and if devhook project is still alive and kickin and thers a devhook 2.81 we will definitely see 2.81se:)

one more thing thats bugging me is the advance option in recovery is that u can flash pspbtncf_game so if I get cwcheat,cheatmaster and svc to work with 2.71F devhook will I beable to get it into 271seb by flashing it?

And if it does not do that could anybody explain to me the purpose of the advance option I read at 2.71seB readme by dark alex but it just say "This setting shouldn't be touched by most users, since they are mainly for debugging purposes":confused:
Someone explain to me

pkmaximum
October 26th, 2006, 11:31
Cheating never seemed to appeal to me, unless I beat the game already. Because I h8 to waste a good game like "Secret of Mana" for instance or Zelda Link to the Past or any other Zelda game by cheating.

M!ckeY
October 26th, 2006, 11:31
Does it run ALL homebrew? No you cannot run umdemulator, fastloader, xflash, pspset, or any version changer for that matter.

Firmware 2.71 SE-A and B do in fact run PSPSet, and they run it just fine.;)

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 12:21
yep that it does, but lolz at xflash, starts then boots ya (exits) cause your not on 1.50

vladiftodi
October 26th, 2006, 12:50
hm, whats new in this release i dont get it ?
btw i have no psp now :P
waiting to see how things wil evolve
u know rumors about psp2, and so on
if psp2 will have 2 analogues, ten its definetly for me :P

kfish2oo2
October 26th, 2006, 13:18
I was reluctant to use 2.71 SEa but when 2.71SEb came out, and I learned about the recovery mode, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I bloody love it! Its so handy being able to play .wma's, flash, use the net and run my LEGIT ISO's without having to go through the devhook boot process. And playing the Loco Roco demo straight after a round of PSPRevolution is worth it by its self :D
And I've had to use the recovery mode (WARNING: DO NOT TRY TO FLASH CUSTOM FONTS OR MENUS!) as I partially bricked it, but I was back to 1.5 and back to 2.71 in 2 easy steps.

I highly recomend this to everyone. Afterall, you can pop back to 1.5 in around 3 minutes anytime you want!

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 14:19
I was reluctant to use 2.71 SEa but when 2.71SEb came out, and I learned about the recovery mode, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I bloody love it! Its so handy being able to play .wma's, flash, use the net and run my LEGIT ISO's without having to go through the devhook boot process. And playing the Loco Roco demo straight after a round of PSPRevolution is worth it by its self :D
And I've had to use the recovery mode (WARNING: DO NOT TRY TO FLASH CUSTOM FONTS OR MENUS!) as I partially bricked it, but I was back to 1.5 and back to 2.71 in 2 easy steps.

I highly recomend this to everyone. Afterall, you can pop back to 1.5 in around 3 minutes anytime you want!
nice tale, but if you semi-brick again, you can just put the 2.71 SE update stuff into the recovery folder and reflash 2.71 SE without having to degrade

Xanthier
October 26th, 2006, 16:59
I have to say, thanks for this Dark_AleX. It's remarkably convenient having a nice 2.71 with pretty much all of the 1.50 homebrew. The applications that don't work I don't use anyway, so this is excellent for me at least.

Cheers again.

kfish2oo2
October 26th, 2006, 18:13
Jak, I know about that, I'd just forgotten to make a backup of the darx file. I'm in the habit of formatting my memory stick after any flashes so I lost it.

Shrygue
October 26th, 2006, 18:20
Custom 2.71 SE-B rocks! I love the great new feature that's been added but can't say because it'd be against the forum rules to discuss about it. High time brilliant in any case though! :)

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 20:09
I'd just forgotten to make a backup of the darx file. I'm in the habit of formatting my memory stick after any flashes so I lost it.
lol, ok, just thought itd be quicker/easier to do it in one step then it is in two steps, and with some people not reading the readme, didnt know if u knew

F9zDark
October 26th, 2006, 22:08
I think the flak that this custom firmware has taken is due, in part, because some people may have spent time and money trying to attain a 1.50 PSP before getting slapped in the face because of homebrew.

For instance, I paid 400 USD for a 1.0 PSP from Japan about 8 months ago. And I was happy, because, in the foreseeable future, there was no dowgrade to 1.0 (in fact it was deemed impossible, since there was NO update to 1.0 since it was the ORIGINAL firmware). So not only did I buy a piece of hardware that could play homebrew without the use of exploits or any of that nonesense, I also had an investment in my hands, I could sell it later on for alot more money because it was becoming rarer by the day.

When the 1.0 downgrader had come out (which, became useless, because most of the homebrew out there was already kxploited for 1.50 and some required files 1.50 had that 1.0 didn't) I was upset. I had spent way more money than necessary buying a rare item only to find out that the homebrew community released a 1.0 downgrader that essentially made light of my investment.

I love my 1.50 and 1.0 to death. I upgraded the 1.0 using ookm's 1.0 reversion tool, which can upgrade to 1.50 and then revert the firmware back to 1.0 using files from that PSP. I played around with devhook on it, but I felt like I was cheating myself. There was my $400 dollar 1.5, which I could have bought a cheap 2.0 on Ebay and downgraded to 1.5 if I really needed to.

Well, point of my post is, that I feel some people have become comforable with the 1.5 and some may have even invested more money in it than others may have.

But we're all family here, we shouldn't condemn each other for their choices in firmware. Each person will have different firmware preference depending on their individual needs.

For the person who never uses the webbrowser (official or homebrew) what use is 2.71? For the person who never uses homebrew what use is 1.5? For the person who customized their 1.5 why upgrade to a firmware that doesn't support customization?

I think its great that Dark Alex is making these and while I may never use it, I still respect him for it. But we need not condemn one another for their choices of firmware.

*preach mode off* :D

pkmaximum
October 26th, 2006, 23:00
Simply put..... You spent more than you should have.... And I kind of feel the same way some times. I feel like firmware 1.5 becomes useless considering everyone can pretty much get it.

SweetFA
October 26th, 2006, 23:01
Oh well i'm going to upgrade to this from 1.5fw, the one PSP game i play regularly needs 2.0+ and i also like my homebrew so i have to switch via Devhook a fair bit - this may be the best firmware for my needs.

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 00:32
Simply put..... You spent more than you should have.... And I kind of feel the same way some times. I feel like firmware 1.5 becomes useless considering everyone can pretty much get it.

Yeah I know... What sucks the most was that at the time, there was an auction that had a buy it now, I was going for it, but was beat to it by someone else... That one was more reasonable.

Then I saw the auction for the one I got, and kinda jumped the gun on it...

Well its a great PSP and I use it for the little PSP coding that I do (mainly beginner's crap) on it, so it wasn't all for loss.

pkmaximum
October 27th, 2006, 00:44
Yeah I know... What sucks the most was that at the time, there was an auction that had a buy it now, I was going for it, but was beat to it by someone else... That one was more reasonable.

Then I saw the auction for the one I got, and kinda jumped the gun on it...

Well its a great PSP and I use it for the little PSP coding that I do (mainly beginner's crap) on it, so it wasn't all for loss.

Ya I'm also, still learning how to code, at a higher level. I can pretty much do games like PONG and everything now. "NO I WILL NOT RELEASE THEM" I think the psp scene has seen enough pong =P. But when I start to bring my coding to a more advanced state, 5 years from now XD. I'm sure the psp2 will get some use from me :cool:

SolidSnake5986
October 30th, 2006, 12:00
I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced problems while playing Madden 07 in the new 2.71 SEB, because since I have upgraded to this firmware, I have played Madden 07 three times, and it has froze on me each time a few minutes after starting a game. There is nothing wrong with the game and it worked fine on my 1.50 before I upgraded, and it also doesn't work on my friend's 2.71 SEB. I installed the firmware just as I was suppose to, I followed step by step, yet, this problem occurs. Has this happened to anyone else in Madden or any other game for that matter? Perhaps a glitch in the firmware? In any case, this is an awesome upgrade and I would like to thank Dark Alex for making such a great custom firmware! Hopefully he could fix this glitch, that is if it exists.

ataribob
October 30th, 2006, 17:36
Custom 2.71 SE-B rocks! I love the great new feature that's been added but can't say because it'd be against the forum rules to discuss about it. High time brilliant in any case though! :)

You talking about the pretty Icons that show up without using Devhook:D

Shrygue
October 30th, 2006, 19:37
You talking about the pretty Icons that show up without using Devhook:D

What are you taling about? :confused:

SweetFA
October 30th, 2006, 22:40
Well, glad i upgraded to this from 1.5 + devhook.

Only loss for me was the ME version of Snes9xTYL0.4.2 but the non-ME version works.

Worth upgrading just to be able to use the web-browser and wifi sniffer under the same firmware, but being able to run newish games and homebrew without switching firmware is great.

I just hope that Pro Evo 6 works on this FW.

needo
November 1st, 2006, 06:17
I will be receiving my shiny 1.5 PSP in the next couple days. This firmware sounds awesome but having never done a firmware upgrade like this I am very scared of bricking the PSP. What safeguards are in place to insure that does not happen? I've seen the installer threads in the homebrew forum. Has any one tried these?

SweetFA
November 1st, 2006, 21:17
I will be receiving my shiny 1.5 PSP in the next couple days. This firmware sounds awesome but having never done a firmware upgrade like this I am very scared of bricking the PSP. What safeguards are in place to insure that does not happen? I've seen the installer threads in the homebrew forum. Has any one tried these?
I used the Firmware Installer in the other thread, definitely recommend it.

You'll not brick your PSP, i didn't.

LilSwish722
November 1st, 2006, 23:46
im trading my 2.8 with a kid at school for a 2.71 and im definetly getting this. thanks DA!!!

NoQuarter
November 1st, 2006, 23:48
snestylme doesn't work with this?
If not I'll stick with 1.5,I need that emu.

BL4Z3D247
November 2nd, 2006, 00:42
snestylme doesn't work with this?
If not I'll stick with 1.5,I need that emu.
SE-B' i believe plays it fine(unless i'm thinking of nesterj) god i hate doing things stoned it's hard to keep track of the simplest things :cool:

frugihoyi
November 2nd, 2006, 02:11
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I searched a couple of pages here and couldn't find the answer. I'm not going to search 13 pages! Anyway, what I want to know is how do I hide corrupt icons???

I enabled "hide corrupt icons" in configuration and I've tried using Sei PSP Tool, but I still get a corrupt icon along with each homebrew I put on my PSP. With Sei PSP Tool, I tried both the "Corrupted Icons" option (which worked for me when I had 1.5), and the "Convert 1.5 to 1.0" option, but neither one worked. I tried putting my homebrew on the GAME and on the GAME150 folders. I don't know what else to try. Someone help me.

kando
November 2nd, 2006, 02:49
Well, glad i upgraded to this from 1.5 + devhook.

Only loss for me was the ME version of Snes9xTYL0.4.2 but the non-ME version works.

ME version works fine for me...are you putting it in the game150 folder? or if you set it the opposite, in the game folder?

did you try combining it to a 1.0 eboot?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I searched a couple of pages here and couldn't find the answer. I'm not going to search 13 pages! Anyway, what I want to know is how do I hide corrupt icons???

I enabled "hide corrupt icons" in configuration and I've tried using Sei PSP Tool, but I still get a corrupt icon along with each homebrew I put on my PSP. With Sei PSP Tool, I tried both the "Corrupted Icons" option (which worked for me when I had 1.5), and the "Convert 1.5 to 1.0" option, but neither one worked. I tried putting my homebrew on the GAME and on the GAME150 folders. I don't know what else to try. Someone help me.

unfortunatly, when you have folder and folder%, folder will show up corrupt wether you are hiding corrupt icons or not.

my solution? i used psp brew to turn all my 1.50 folder and folder%'s into 1.00 folder's and problem solved.

any other corrupt icons means they need to be "fixed"....check dark_alex's readme for info on that, where he mentions irshell problems...

http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=69593 <--- one of many programs that "fix" these corrupt homebrew....the problem is in the param.sfo, so if you unpack a working eboot, take the param.sfo, unpack the corrupt eboot, replace the sfo with the working sfo, repack it, it will work! you'll just need to change the homebrew's name w/ some kind of homebrew customizer.

Hobobo
November 2nd, 2006, 08:01
Mmk... I read all the pages so far but I still don't get alot of things.

I got a 1.5FW and I usually just use it for GBA roms (I own them in real life >_>) Would that thing work with this?:confused:

Umm... what exactly does this thing do anyway >_> (Sorry if it was answered already, I'm not that good with Psp techy stuff)

How do I install this anyway o.o

Thanks in advance

frugihoyi
November 2nd, 2006, 19:32
ME version works fine for me...are you putting it in the game150 folder? or if you set it the opposite, in the game folder?

did you try combining it to a 1.0 eboot?

unfortunatly, when you have folder and folder%, folder will show up corrupt wether you are hiding corrupt icons or not.

my solution? i used psp brew to turn all my 1.50 folder and folder%'s into 1.00 folder's and problem solved.

any other corrupt icons means they need to be "fixed"....check dark_alex's readme for info on that, where he mentions irshell problems...

http://pspupdates.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=69593 <--- one of many programs that "fix" these corrupt homebrew....the problem is in the param.sfo, so if you unpack a working eboot, take the param.sfo, unpack the corrupt eboot, replace the sfo with the working sfo, repack it, it will work! you'll just need to change the homebrew's name w/ some kind of homebrew customizer.
Thanks, I tried the program from the link you gave and it works! It just sucks I have to convert everything one by one now.

I still have one corrupt icon though, it is one that showed up after I installed SE-B. I think it's the eboot from the RECOVERY folder. Do you know how to fix this one?

kando
November 2nd, 2006, 21:05
i removed mine....just back it up on the PC and put it back on if u ever need it :)

glad u got it to work!

frugihoyi
November 3rd, 2006, 01:29
Dammit, there's one more problem. My PSP won't save bookmarks now. I mean, I can save them if I create PSP -> SYSTEM -> BROWSER folders in my PSP. The problem is, after saving a bookmark and then going to enter in a new URL, when I go back to view my bookmarks, they're mysteriously gone!

belialone
November 7th, 2006, 10:36
There is a Programm called psinstall this thing can sort the corrupt files at the bottom of the list.
It helped for me.

belialone
November 7th, 2006, 10:50
For all the people that are anxious about updating to 2.71 SE b" there is now a modchip available. It runs any Firmware plus the good old 1.5 in the FlashRom. I would rather pay the fee (about 50 €) of having it installed than risking a potential Brick by messing again with my Flash.

My History
White PSP 2.6 => 2.71 => 1.5 => 100% happy
THUG2 Remix,Smackdown vs Raw 2006
Some Homebrew

Roker_22
November 9th, 2006, 17:24
Noob Question guys .. I cant seem to play mpeg4 movies using devhook .46 I have a 1.5 any info welcome ty..