PDA

View Full Version : EBGames Firing Employees for eBaying PS3/Wii?

wraggster
October 25th, 2006, 16:23
It's just a rumor for now, but it seems like EBGames/GameStop wants to stop a repeat of last year's Xbox 360 eBay fiasco by cutting off employees who auction off their consoles.

This scheme is going to be hard to police, but retailers will probably scan employees' console serial numbers and compare it to serials listed on eBay—which if employees are smart, won't be. Unless EB/GameStop HQ buys up auctions and THEN compares the consoles to the listed serial numbers, it's unlikely that anybody will actually get caught.

Most likely just a scare tactic, but one less console sold on eBay means one more console in the hands of someone who actually wants to play.

I heart Nintendo
October 26th, 2006, 11:55
The best thing to do would be to not allow their staff to buy a console either [a] Before it's launch or [b] At all.

It's a silly thing really, because there's no way for them to regulate it. They may be able to suss out 1 or 2 employee's who put one on eBay, because you will get a dumb ass who'll put "I WORK AT GAMESTOP!!!" on their auction page. *lol* But overall - I think it's scare tactics.