PDA

View Full Version : Special Operations v0.1 beta

wraggster
October 25th, 2006, 22:00
News/release from the underminer (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=6867):

Well, there it is, finally. After 7 months of work the Underminer brings you Special Operations, a splinter cell clone. Please tell me what you think and I 'm always curious for what you've made with it. Make sure you read the readme for buttons and limitations.
I want to thank Romero126 and all of luaplayer forum for their advice.
Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

blackrave
October 25th, 2006, 22:06
Seven months of work time! Now that's a long time.
I have to try this. Sounds pretty cool since I like Splinter Cell.

I will give some comments on this tomorrow when I've tried it out.
Until then, thanks for making this! :)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 25th, 2006, 22:29
screenies?

zevernos
October 25th, 2006, 23:28
sry but i have no idea how i use this. everytime i open it, it says unexpected end of archive

blackrave
October 25th, 2006, 23:32
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/199/snap0005gt6qn7.png
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/136/snap0006hu5xm6.png

I just tried this and it's surprisingly good, even though there are some quite annoying bugs, like getting stuck in the wall and a little slow controls.
Also, the enemies can't be killed? I fired tens of bullets, but he didn't die. I got shot and the game crashed (only returned to the game's main menu, though.

The game has 5 levels and even an editor. This has great potential and with a little polishing it will be awesome.

Good luck to the developer, The Underminer, and hope you keep working on this.
Thanks! :)

Zevernos: Try downloading again. Sometimes archives result like that.

hatebreeder
October 25th, 2006, 23:35
it worked fine for me...

by the way i find it plays much better if you change the game speed to 150 in the options menu

by the way i agree with the poster above me this game has amazing potential just needs a little smoothing out and maybe perchance a level downloading system like megaman:powered up ;)

Xero_010
October 25th, 2006, 23:58
is it lua it has no game ebout

blackrave
October 26th, 2006, 01:14
It is LUA, yes, but there is already an EBOOT, Xero_010.

shrimpidy
October 26th, 2006, 02:52
That looks amazing. i'll try it out when i have time. Thats a lot of time to put into it. nice job.

mavsman4457
October 26th, 2006, 03:11
More homebrew should be made like this. Anytime a popular game is cloned through homebrew it will be a winner. I wish someone would make a Metal Gear Solid clone.

LAMPRO
October 26th, 2006, 08:04
yeah i agree this could be hottt but its wayyy to slow right now.. a bit of a polishing and spicin up and you could have a gem on your hands.. you do, congrats. keep up the work.

The Underminer
October 26th, 2006, 17:23
Warning! Version 0.1 is beta and was never intended to be released to the public (merely to the luaplayer developers forum) and I found out today that it functions worse than I thought. So, I'd like wraggster, who created this topic, to delete the topic and the file link. Please wait for version 0.2 to be released, wich will not be beta and much more "playable". Still, I realise that wraggster was trying to help out and that this is an misunderstanding, with good intents.