PDA

View Full Version : opening playstation 2

mr.death
August 8th, 2004, 11:32
I need to open my unit up to clean the laser but can't seem to figure out how to open the thing up! Anyone????

Thanks

Cap'n 1time
August 8th, 2004, 11:52
have you tried just buying a lense cleaner from walmart? It is best not to try to open your unit. PS2 is alot messier than the xbox.

mr.death
August 8th, 2004, 11:59
lense cleaner didn't work. There's got to be a how to somewhere on opening the unit up. I just can't finf it. Anyone? Thanx

Hola
August 8th, 2004, 12:26
If you cant figure out how to open your PS2 case you surly dont need to be doing anything inside of it. Especially seeing as how a blind 3 legged dog could open a ps2 up.

skirkwo2
August 8th, 2004, 12:34
Ya if you are having problems removing the case from the PS2 unit you are most likely going to cause more problems then you solve in the off chance you don't screw anything up you then have to remove the case from the DVD/CD drive, a little bit of a pain. To top it off it might not be a dirty lense it might be a dead laser unit or motor causing a malfunction. I would suggest that you find someone with more technical skills to figure out the problem before you open it up. It could save time and money in the long run.

mr.death
August 8th, 2004, 12:49
Wow, you guys are bitter. Thanks for nothing. Pricks!

wraggster
August 8th, 2004, 12:56
Hmm theres a way of saying things as not to upset people, and also being nice in return is always good.

My honest advice is to find someone who has the tech knowledge.

Otherwise it could be costly.

I wouldnt dare touch mine

skirkwo2
August 8th, 2004, 13:08
If it turns out it isn't a dirty lense I have found a decent site for replacement parts. Affordable and honest about the skill level needed. http://www.gameconsolerepair.com/ps2parts.html

wraggster
August 8th, 2004, 13:22
Good call :)

Eric
August 8th, 2004, 14:21
Wow that seemed pretty nice reply from that guy all they were saying is i wouldnt recommend taking it apart as this system is more sensitive and i can tell you that much as my bros PS2 is now garbage from him taking it apart get someone else to take it apart like a store or a pro who has done it before

Eric

SmashinGit
August 8th, 2004, 14:23
There's no helping some people!

mr.death
August 8th, 2004, 21:03
The comment about a blind 3 legged dog pissed me off. >:( If ya got nothing positive to say then Don't say anything. As for the rest of you who replied I thank you sincerely. ;D

Hola
August 9th, 2004, 14:12
It had to be said other wise I dont think you would of got how strongly I dont think anyone with your skill level should be allowed to even think about opening a ps2. However a PS2 is easy as hell to open and clean.

There are little black squares on the button.
Take a flat head screw driver and pop them off
Then unscrew the system.
Slide the top lid off very slowly and make sure not to pull the wire.
Theres wire the connects the top of the lid to the rest of the system.
Notice its screwed into the top lid from a button.
Unscrew it off the top lid so you dont have to worry about the top at all while working.

Enjoy. PS2 is extremly easy to mod and figure out. Doubt your moding it tho but still thought i'd mention it while you had your case open

skirkwo2
August 9th, 2004, 17:28
I forgot to mention that if you do take apart your ps2 remember to touch a grounded metal appliance to get rid of any static charge you are carying around. Once you have done this finish the job. This will help to prevent any unseen damage which is much more severe than a broken wire.

mr.death
August 9th, 2004, 19:24
[quote author=Hola link=board=ps2;num=1091982740;start=0#12 date=08/09/04 at 14:12:09]It had to be said other wise I dont think you would of got how strongly I dont think anyone with your skill level should be allowed to even think about opening a ps2. However a PS2 is easy as hell to open and clean.

Man you have a way with words. You know absolutly nothing about my skill level and should keep your smartass comments to yourself and I don't enjoy you insulting my intelligence. I had the tabs off and screws out but could not slide the lid off so I figured I'd ask you guys and what do I get "flamed". Hola get a life!

Cap'n 1time
August 9th, 2004, 20:37
It had to be said other wise I dont think you would of got how strongly I dont think anyone with your skill level should be allowed to even think about opening a ps2. However a PS2 is easy as hell to open and clean.

Man you have a way with words. You know absolutly nothing about my skill level and should keep your smartass comments to yourself and I don't enjoy you insulting my intelligence. I had the tabs off and screws out but could not slide the lid off so I figured I'd ask you guys and what do I get "flamed". Hola get a life!

I can agree with that. Hola, stop being such a smart ass.

Hola
August 10th, 2004, 05:48
Boo woo you babies can get over it. I can't believe this guy is defending his intellegence by saying he couldnt slide a piece of plastic forward.

Eric
August 10th, 2004, 07:47
So he didnt pull the system cover off maybe he just didnt know. Did you think of that? NO!!!! Why do you come to these forums and harass everyone. One thing you should notice at the Index of this forums that it says friendly network or something like that.

Your no where near friendly saying things like you are and i think you should be a little more nicer before you get more complaints and probably a possible ban.

Eric

Hola
August 10th, 2004, 08:35
Eh I dont try to be an asshole It's just part of the wonderfull person I am.

Anyways it's troublesum too look apon your generation and notice that they seem to be 100 x less selfreliant.

mr.death
August 10th, 2004, 11:31
Thanks for seeing things my way guys. It seems every message board has it's arshole. Hola, I bet you got picked on as a kid and now you've found a place where you can do the bullying. :'( BAN HIM!!!!

Hola
August 10th, 2004, 12:12
I wasnt bullying you in fact I saved you from ruining your ps2. And i'm sure alot of other people where thinking what I was thinking they just didnt say it.