PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 Special Edition Customizer v0.3b

splodger15
October 26th, 2006, 09:26
Tweak your firmware a bit further with the new release of eiffel56’s 2.71 SE firmware customization tool.

Change your font
Change your background images
Change your gameboot
Flash a custom menu
Disable/Enable Network Update
There are a few notes you should consider before moving forward:

Change your font/background images/gameboot:
Simply put the files (ltn0.pgf, gameboot.pmf, or 01.bmp…) into the root of your Memory Stick and start the Customizer. Choose a point from the menu, wait a short time and tadaaa.
Change the menu text:
Create a dump of Sony’s Firmware 2.50. Go to flash0/vsh/resource and copy the file topmenu_plugin.rco to your Memory Stick. Just edit the file with a hex-editor. Then start the Customizer and choose 4.
Disable/Enable Network Update:
Once you have started the Customizer pick point 5 or 6. NOTE: Don’t choose point 5 two times. It will disable your Network Update FOREVER. To bring it back, dump the original update_plugin.prx from Firmware 2.71, rename it to “dummy.prx” and put it in ms0:/PSP/GAME150/271c. Now choose point 5 and be happy
Although it’s been confirmed to work fine on both 2.71 SE-A and the new 2.71 SE-B, we cannot stress enough that you should use this application with caution; as with any tool writing to flash memory. Basically what we’re saying is: use at your own risk! Enjoy! ;)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 15:45
odd that the custom menu has to be done with 2.50 dump

Veskgar
October 26th, 2006, 16:44
I use 1.50 and not 2.71 SE but this looks like a convenient way to customize the firmware. Pretty cool!

kfish2oo2
October 26th, 2006, 17:52
WARNING: Custom menus will almost guarenteed partially brick your PSP!

I only recomend using gameboots. So far, many fonts also cause partiall bricks too.

titch.ryan
October 26th, 2006, 18:03
wtf fonts dont brick your psp ive been using them for ages! This tool works a treat does exactly what it says on the tin and I'd recommend it if you use 2.71 SE-B

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 26th, 2006, 18:40
Font errors are easily restored copy foriginal font from devhook and reflash

ExcruciationX
October 26th, 2006, 18:46
Cool! I'm too scared to try this though...

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 26th, 2006, 18:55
Dude 2.71 se is a MUST now once u have tried u wont look back now it has the dreaed "I" word support !!!! 1.5 is now officially dead :> was fun while it lasted..

splodger15
October 26th, 2006, 19:35
1.5 is now officially dead

Wrong 1.5 is still alive and kicking

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 26th, 2006, 19:48
Hardly 1.5 as we know it tho !!! sort of a daywalker version all the strengths of 1.5 an none of the weakneses.

Vibestar
October 26th, 2006, 20:14
can't the sysconf_plugin.rco be flashed from fw 2.5 it's also half encrypted(for the rest of the menu tweak).
By the way great app, I pimped my psp already.

logicbomb.de
October 26th, 2006, 21:00
Hardly 1.5 as we know it tho !!! sort of a daywalker version all the strengths of 1.5 an none of the weakneses.

Daywalker - that's pretty good!

and yeah, the top_menu_plugin.rco for 2.71(se) is encypted and you wont be able to change anything unless you use the one from 2.5

just make sure you backup your original file.

if you semi-brick using the wrong rco file like I did, you can put the 2.71 customizer eboot in the RECOVERY folder and boot via recovery mode and reflash your backup rco back to your flash and fix it up.

saves you the trouble of reflashing 2.71 se-b

jaydoo
October 26th, 2006, 22:04
Wont let me disable network update on SE-B.

Also took a couple of goes to install a font.

Does anyone know of a windows or psp app that lets you preview pgf files?

Shrygue
October 26th, 2006, 22:24
WARNING: Custom menus will almost guarenteed partially brick your PSP!

I only recomend using gameboots. So far, many fonts also cause partiall bricks too.

You are right with the custom menu option - I had to use the recovery tool to downgrade to 1.50 again and then upgrade back up to 2.71 SE-B. I'll remember not to do that custom menu thing again!

However, flashing a custom font didn't half brick my PSP. It worked absolutely fine, along with the gameboot screen.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 26th, 2006, 22:37

^^^^^^^^^
Any wombles round there ???

Shrygue
October 26th, 2006, 22:41
No, I didn't see any of them around there today. I think I saw the nutters of Wimbledon Park though! :)

siulmagic
October 27th, 2006, 22:05
dang i flashed my new gameboot and it dint work jesus im afraid to do it again