PDA

View Full Version : eBay HELP!!!

MrTeressaBond
October 26th, 2006, 11:34
eBay HELP!!!

i received an email from eBay in refering about User Agreement Section 9, whereas they will suspend or terminate your account if information provided to them is incorrect or something.

i got really scared of this and i clicked on hte respond button, only to realise somesort of weird internet site was appearing at the buttom but i was still directed to eBay, and weirdly it says that my User ID and/or password is invalid so they ask me to type it in.

and so i did, and then i pressed enter or clicked Sign In Securely. and strange enough as it is, it freezes on me, left it for a few more secs and decided to end the process of that site. also, not to forget to mention, it still had that damn website address appearing in the address bar.

now because of htat, i may have logged in my details to someone i dont know and i am frightened.

i was hoping someone here cna help me out with thi, or if someone might have encountered this beofre. what do i do? is it serious? or is it real?

When i received the email:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2930/ebaything1ss0.jpg

and this is when i was signing in:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1082/ebaything2qa1.jpg

look at the weirdo site!

M!ckeY
October 26th, 2006, 11:41
Yeah, that was not Ebay you where logging in to. You should have noticed that it did not have the little lock that is displayed at the bottom of the browser, because when you normally log in to Ebay, it is there.

Darksaviour69
October 26th, 2006, 11:43
go change you ebay password, right now!

that was not ebay

what all info did you provide?

report this to ebay

MrTeressaBond
October 26th, 2006, 12:35
i did change the password, lucklily i was still able to log in.

once i clocked on sign in securely, it froze on that page, as u can see on the window, there's a little white box which tells u it not responding.

the password i had before was a good password, and i changed it to a password that wasnt so great as the last but it measured to be a one box away from a dark box in the scaler.

splodger15
October 26th, 2006, 13:13
you loged on to some fake ebay and they use your details to buy things for high amounts of money

steve-b
October 26th, 2006, 13:36
you got phished

Russoxley187
October 26th, 2006, 14:57
did you look at the adress bar???
its not
EBAY>>>>>

MrTeressaBond
October 26th, 2006, 16:03
okay okay. i get it now.

will it be fine now? since i have changed my password?

Cap'n 1time
October 26th, 2006, 16:11
so long as you didnt give them any other information, you should be fine. i suggest you report that to someone for phishing. you should have noted when you signed up for paypal that neither paypal nor ebay would ever do that. If it were seriouse do you really think they would not be able to find out your password on their own and investigate? ya gots to learn I suppose.

MrTeressaBond
October 26th, 2006, 18:59
i dont have a paypal account, as i said, i only signed in, then it froze on that very window! then i ende the process through Task Manager, not end task, as that would have taken forever.

thats all, and are u trying to say that even thoguh i have changed my password, that they could still sign in and that?