PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SE-B Installers

splodger15
October 26th, 2006, 17:45
For those totally clueless and/or entirely new to the scene, ChaosZero has returned with some new “noob-friendly” installer packages for the latest 2.71 Special Edition firmware. Although it’s as simple as copying files to the correct location on your memory stick, this method is even easier — you cannot mess this up! Download whichever installer package you desire, connect your PSP to an available USB port, and run the executable. Of course some additional goodies are included with each…

SE-A to SE-B Update
Self explanatory.

SE-B New User Build
Straight install 2.71 SE-B with DevHook (2.71).

SE-B FULL Build:
Upgrade from SE-A to SE-B
Install 2.71 SE-B with DevHook (2.71)
Install 2.71 SE-B with DevHook (1.50) GUI Mod and 2.71 Firmware (In SE-A, this played games 2.71’s DevHook wouldn’t)
Just SE-B, no DevHook
Just DevHook (2.71), no SE-B
Install RECOVERY Folder for downgrading to 1.50.

SE-B LITE Build:
Upgrade from SE-A to SE-B
Install 2.71 SE-B with DevHook (2.71)
Install RECOVERY Folder for downgrading to 1.50.

Notes:
Game menu freezing error:
you MUST have a GAME folder and a GAME150 folder…
Then you can boot Recovery Mode, enter Configuration, Change “Game folder homebrew” to 1.50 kernel and exit.
Only after that you can make a GAME and a GAME271 folder.

Game menu responding slow at times:
Whenever you do an update to the ISO folder (add, delete, change files, first SE-B execution), a little delay will occur when entering in memory stick games. While the ISO folder is not changed, this won’t happen.

Download Links Via Comments

wraggster
October 26th, 2006, 18:23
whats the link to the files and how big are they ?

splodger15
October 26th, 2006, 19:32

2.71 SE-A to SE-B Update
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/865

2.71 SE-B New User Build
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/866

2.71 SE-B FULL Installer
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/867

2.71 SE-B LITE Installer
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/868

Here are the links to the files they vary in size the biggest being about 50mb

Shrygue
October 26th, 2006, 21:19
Hell, that makes it so much easier to install custom firmware 2.71 SE-B.

BL4Z3D247
October 26th, 2006, 21:30
wraggy u finally about to take the leap to the golden fw? as u guys would say in the UK..."fan-bloody-tastic" lol :D

Shrygue
October 26th, 2006, 21:50
I lost no time time upgrading my 2 PSPs to 2.71 SE-B and they both work great.

shedeus
October 26th, 2006, 22:08
no ta-082's yet?

Shrygue
October 26th, 2006, 22:18
no ta-082's yet?

I haven't seen any TA-082s in the UK yet...

F9zDark
October 26th, 2006, 22:22
I think he means support for TA-082s and the SE-B.

Shrygue
October 26th, 2006, 22:35
It is a shame that 2.71 SE-B can't work on TA-082 units because you need 1.50 to start with. If I had an anti-1.50 motherboard, I would feel annoyed not to be able to do this like all other other users with the stupid PCB. It's still possible to run reverse Device Hook under HEN-C conditions and emulate 1.50 though.

jak66
October 26th, 2006, 22:52
wow, im shocked that this was moved here, considering some of those installers contain certain files

shrimpidy
October 26th, 2006, 23:52
sweet.

Rorin
October 27th, 2006, 00:01
...So how do i uninstall and return to 1.5?

Zargon
October 27th, 2006, 00:05
I think the second part of my sig says it all;)
Are there any hopes (yet) of making a custom firmware for sad TA-082 users?

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 00:16
OK, I am buckling- I am gonna give this a shot. Although, I don't see whats the point of including devhook... Doesn't it already run 2.71 and 1.50 homebrew?

Rorin
October 27th, 2006, 00:23
dev-hook no longer works... Will the 2.71 downgrader work to uninstall this?

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 00:28
If you install the RECOVERY folder, I believe you can go back to original 1.5.

I read it on the first page, but haven't tried it yet, still backing up my PSP in the event of total meltdown (or if I just don't like it).

Chaos_X
October 27th, 2006, 02:12
This is truely the golden firmware. I love it. Dark_Alex kicks @$$

EDIT: Hey, what the fudge? I ran one homebrew program and after that I had to reformat my mem-stick.

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind, I don't know what went wrong but everythign works wonderfully now.

yourpuertoricanpapi
October 27th, 2006, 02:55
:mad: THIS CRAP WONT LET ME GET TO MY MEM CARD THIS IS PISSING ME OFF I CANT GO BACK TO 1.5 I HAD EVER GAME WHAT THE HELL................. HOW CAN I GO BACK

yourpuertoricanpapi
October 27th, 2006, 02:59
Every Time I Try And Click On My Mem Stick Icon It Locks Up And Restarts My Psp So I Cant Even Go Back What The **** How Can I Go To My Mem Stick And Go Back Someone Help Me Please Is There Anything I Can Do

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 03:03
If you got the SE-B Full Installer:

1)Plug in a USB cable to the PSP
2)Goto USB Mode
3)Run SE-B Full Installer on the PC and select Install Recovery mode for returning to 1.5
4)Wait until that is finished, then turn off the PSP.
5)Turn on the PSP and hold the R as it powers on
6)You will be in Recovery Mode. There should be an option to: "Run program at PSP\Recovery\Eboot.pbp" - select that
7)Follow the instructions on screen and after a few minutes you should be back to 1.5

Veskgar
October 27th, 2006, 03:08
I really admire and respect Dark_AleX and I understand that he is definitely a lot smarter than I, but I just don't see why a natural 1.50 PSP should upgrade to 2.71 SE-B.

Is everyone just not following the directions correctly, or does this really cause a lot of problems?

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 03:12
I gave it a shot; didn't like it.

Mainly, because I am too f*in lazy to rename all my SCE_ folders to their originals so the firmware will recognize them. I like it when things just work as they are, and I got like 15 homebrews on here, thats 30 folders...

Needless to say I returned back to 1.5.

Added:

Oh yeah, and I lost all my saved games because I forgot to backup that directory like a retard. Moral of the story? Don't do shit in haste.

yourpuertoricanpapi
October 27th, 2006, 03:18
Its Not Letting Me Click On My Mem Stick All The Files That Where On There Are Gone What Do I Do I Cant Get To Any Of My Files Please Someone Help This Is Driving Me Crazy

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 03:27
Did you not read what I wrote?

If you got the SE-B Full Installer:

1)Plug in a USB cable to the PSP
2)Goto USB Mode
3)Run SE-B Full Installer on the PC and select Install Recovery mode for returning to 1.5
4)Wait until that is finished, then turn off the PSP.
5)Turn on the PSP and hold the R as it powers on
6)You will be in Recovery Mode. There should be an option to: "Run program at PSP\Recovery\Eboot.pbp" - select that
7)Follow the instructions on screen and after a few minutes you should be back to 1.5

You can return to 1.5 and have everything working normally again if you do that above!!

yourpuertoricanpapi
October 27th, 2006, 03:41
I Tryed That It Says Game Could Not Be Started Help Help

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 03:52
When you go into recovery mode??

yourpuertoricanpapi
October 27th, 2006, 04:30
Wow This Is Still Not Working For Me Its Not Letting Me Go Back To My 1.50 Its Getting Me Real Mad And It Makes Me Thing That My Psp Is A Brick Now I Hope Not Someone Please Help Me Iam Not Stupid I Promise But This Isnt Working

Chaos_X
October 27th, 2006, 05:23
Wow This Is Still Not Working For Me Its Not Letting Me Go Back To My 1.50 Its Getting Me Real Mad And It Makes Me Thing That My Psp Is A Brick Now I Hope Not Someone Please Help Me Iam Not Stupid I Promise But This Isnt Working

Your PSP is not bricked. The smae thing happened to me. What I did was:

Reformat my card
Plug in USB
Return all the DEVHOOK files to their rightful place
Put in the RECOVERY FILES.
Made the GAME150 folder
unplugged USB
Everything works like a charm now. 2.71 SE-B is awesome!!

yourpuertoricanpapi
October 27th, 2006, 05:31
I Got It I Got It Thanks For All Your Help Thanks Alot Wow That Was Some Shit This Program Is Great And Wow Keep Up The Good Work Iam Going To Share It With All My Friends That Have 1.50 That Would Like To Play All The High Games We All Work For Blockbuster So We Can Try The Games Out And Test Them And Rent Them For Free Thanks To All Your Help And Thanks To This Site And Everybody That Makes Homebrew Happen I Wish I Knew How To Make It Happen Maybe One Day Thanks Again

Festizzio
October 27th, 2006, 11:26
I gave it a shot; didn't like it.

Mainly, because I am too f*in lazy to rename all my SCE_ folders to their originals so the firmware will recognize them. I like it when things just work as they are, and I got like 15 homebrews on here, thats 30 folders...

Needless to say I returned back to 1.5.

Added:

Oh yeah, and I lost all my saved games because I forgot to backup that directory like a retard. Moral of the story? Don't do shit in haste.
I have no idea what you're talking about. All of my __SCE__ folders worked perfectly.

mnuhaily22
October 27th, 2006, 14:22
These rock thanks.

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 17:40
Well then I suppose some of the apps I have aren't compatible with it:

Quake
PSPool
PSPRadio
SNES TYL

If its not the folders, and is indeed the programs aren't compatible, then I am glad I got rid of it. I use those programs the most and if they aren't going to work with it then there is no point in me using it.

mesosade
October 27th, 2006, 19:33
sheesh this is summit you should celebrate! not just nag at all the probs! what do you expect? a super cool sudden boom! and there full speed emu's and super compatibile programs for everyone! no? :P

Festizzio
October 27th, 2006, 20:27

Quake
PSPool
PSPRadio
SNES TYL

If its not the folders, and is indeed the programs aren't compatible, then I am glad I got rid of it. I use those programs the most and if they aren't going to work with it then there is no point in me using it.

Once again I have quake, pspradio, and snes tyl and they all work perfectly. I'm sorry you can't enjoy this though, it's really cool. :)

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 21:14
Hmm, then I don't know what it is. Oh well, back on 1.5 and things work, so its all good :)

Evilhomer3k
October 27th, 2006, 21:27
Your PSP is not bricked. The smae thing happened to me. What I did was:

Reformat my card
Plug in USB
Return all the DEVHOOK files to their rightful place
Put in the RECOVERY FILES.
Made the GAME150 folder
unplugged USB
Everything works like a charm now. 2.71 SE-B is awesome!!

I'm having the same problem. Followed the instructions above and got it working. I wasn't sure about the devhook so I just assumed it was the generic devhook install. Seems like it was because everything is working now.

needo
November 1st, 2006, 05:58
So if I understand this correctly I can use the "NewUser" installer on my 1.5 and end up with a 2.71 SE-B? Will this include the RECOVERY portion?

kando
November 1st, 2006, 06:12
there are many tools out there to "fix" homebrew that shows up as "corrupt" on your xmb....it has to do with a setting in the param.sfo that 2.71 vsh's dont like, as dark alex said...

why would a 1.50 want to jump to 2.71 se-b? because its 1.50 with internet browser, flash player, the ability to have homebrew with or without k-exploiting, and the ability to play new umd's up to 2.71 without running devhook or applying any kind of hack.

not to mention the iso/cso's comin up on the xmb....quite amazing....and quite restricted from this site as well =p

but yea, 2.71 SE-B' = golden firmware. dont care if u have 1.50, 1.00, or a mod chip.

archangel1024
November 1st, 2006, 21:20
any 2.71 to 2.71 SE-B installers?

MikeDX
November 1st, 2006, 21:22
any 2.71 to 2.71 SE-B installers?

no you have to dongrade to 1.5 then up to 2.71SE at the moment.

SweetFA
November 1st, 2006, 21:24

Quake
PSPool
PSPRadio
SNES TYL

Quake works fine for me and the non-ME version of snes9xTYL 0.4.2 does also.

I'm glad i upgraded from 1.5, this is great.

danny666
November 11th, 2006, 18:07
which one of these would you people reccomend