PDA

View Full Version : Toys "R" Us Wii preorders detailed

wraggster
October 26th, 2006, 21:32
Gamers who missed out on Wii preorders at EB Games and GameStop earlier this month are getting a second chance at launch day giddiness. Toy monolith Toys "R" Us will begin taking preorders for the Wii on Sunday, October 29, the retailer confirmed today.

A $50 down payment is required to get the all-important voucher that will guarantee one of the $250 systems the day it is released, November 19.

However, that may not be the only console the store takes preorders for on Sunday. Over at Gaming Age Forums, a poster who claims to work for Toys "R" Us says that PlayStation 3 preorders will also be taken on October 29, which, if true, could make for strange bedfellows among those camping out on Saturday night for a good spot in line.

According to the poster, who goes by the nom de plume "jetsetmario," each store will have roughly 12 to 25 Wiis, four to 10 60GB PS3s, and one to four 20GB PS3s.

More evidence of PS3 preorders comes from Toys "R" Us' "Big Book"--the retailer's holiday print advertisement that is mailed out, available in-store, and circulated with newspapers. Scans of the ad, which will be released later this week and tells customers to "reserve [a PS3] now," hit the Internet and are causing a whirlwind among those eager to secure a hard-to-get PS3 on launch day.

Representatives from Toys "R" Us were unavailable for comment on PS3 orders as of press time.

I heart Nintendo
October 26th, 2006, 21:44
I'd love to see that camp-out night session!! It'd be great to see a Sony-fanboy and Nintendo-fanboy fight break out in the queue and have it blossom into a full on melee. *LOL*

gotmilk0112
October 26th, 2006, 22:52
I'd love to see that camp-out night session!! It'd be great to see a Sony-fanboy and Nintendo-fanboy fight break out in the queue and have it blossom into a full on melee. *LOL*

LOL!!! :D :D

me and my bro are going there sunday before the store opens to get one. :D

The Hombrew Hunter
October 27th, 2006, 01:03
I have to check out the site, because if this is a lie...

Mom will refuse to get me that Wii for christmas...

I heart Nintendo
October 27th, 2006, 01:30
Hey gotmilk0112, have you got a camera phone? If so, I want you to film if a fanboy beat down breaks out. And feel free to kick a Sony fanboy in the head too. Once will do, but a couple of times is okay as well. Whatever you feel is sufficient. *lol*

cloud_952
October 27th, 2006, 01:52
I got dragged out for a campout last year for the Xbox360. -_- it's much less fun than it sounds. I had a Japanese test the next day and was up all night, in the cold, outside Target for the Xbox360 launch, studying kanji. Inbetween doing that, I'd play MarioKart on the DS..

Yeah.. really, not that much fun.

I heart Nintendo
October 27th, 2006, 02:58
One of my classmates is trying to get me to do a campout for the UK Wii launch at the ONE place I know will be swarmed with Wii-wanters. Part of me wants to go through the whole experience, seeing as I've never done it before - but I know I'll moan and hate it if I do go. *lol*

So how did you do on ya Kanji test? :)

cloud_952
October 27th, 2006, 04:50
Actually, I aced the kanji test. O_o But when you have all night in the bitter cold to study and repeat the same kanji over 20-30 times, then flashcarding it up for a few hours, you tend to get a decent grade.

After getting the 360, we got home, played Perfect Dark Zero for about 20 minutes, and then I ran to school. o_o

;_; Don't do it! It's not worth it.

I heart Nintendo
October 27th, 2006, 11:53
So what country do you live in then or what are you studying to have had a Kanji exam!?

I can't imagine you live in Japan. I can't see Japanese gamers queueing up for an Xbox 360 over there. *LOL*

I've gotta go in to town over the weekend, so I may end up pre-ordering it at this shop (like an idiot) and then doing the camp-out (like an idiot) and then shuffle to the counter to get my console at all hours of the morning whilst the staff look at me and think I'm sad (like an idiot). *lol*

I wanted to pre-order the console with amazon.co.uk, but I have no idea when they're gonna start taking pre orders.

gotmilk0112
October 27th, 2006, 12:08
Hey gotmilk0112, have you got a camera phone? If so, I want you to film if a fanboy beat down breaks out. And feel free to kick a Sony fanboy in the head too. Once will do, but a couple of times is okay as well. Whatever you feel is sufficient. *lol*

my phone only has pictures. :D

hp1
October 27th, 2006, 12:31
Stupid question but.... if you preorder and pay your deposit, why do need to camp out? Surely you're guaranteed a console? Is that not the whole point? Why preorder and pay a deposit if the shop is then just gonna sell it to the firstguy in the queue?

masterpaul
October 27th, 2006, 14:24

You may also use a weapon of your choice.

Click Here to Preorder a Weapon

cloud_952
October 27th, 2006, 17:15
Stupid question but.... if you preorder and pay your deposit, why do need to camp out? Surely you're guaranteed a console? Is that not the whole point? Why preorder and pay a deposit if the shop is then just gonna sell it to the firstguy in the queue?

If you preorder, you don't really need to camp out, just come in and pick it up pretty much any time on launch day. However, there are some shops that, if you don't pick up something you preordered within 1-3 days, they'll just sell it anyway. A Gamestop helpfully informed me of this when I informed him that I might not be able to pick up my fully paid, reserved DS on opening day. -_-

If you do get a preorder, do yourself a favor and get some sleep, then pick up the console later. ^^; Really, I the experience is not worth it. Good story to tell, but not so much fun.

As for "I heart Nintendo", I live in America. ^^ But my major is Japanese history, so I'm studying Japanese. It's almost starting to become helpful for playing games!

philr359
October 30th, 2006, 02:01
the toys r us near me opens at 10:00, but i didn't get up there untill 12:00. i walked up to the counter and before i could say anything the lady said, sorry all of our Wiis have been presold since 10:30.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Shadowblind
October 30th, 2006, 02:16
I preordered from FYE and now im gonna be third to get the Wii in my city, they started a few weeks back.

kcajblue
October 30th, 2006, 05:25
Stupid question but.... if you preorder and pay your deposit, why do need to camp out? Surely you're guaranteed a console? Is that not the whole point? Why preorder and pay a deposit if the shop is then just gonna sell it to the firstguy in the queue?when my brother preordered his PSP they said they would sell it if he didnt get it himself first.

VampDude
October 31st, 2006, 20:26
im gonna get my wii the day it's released or maybe a few days before if im lucky...

...im not saying how thou, but im special! lol