PDA

View Full Version : BoggleDS v1.0 with Wifi Multiplay

wraggster
October 26th, 2006, 21:53
News/release from The Dude:

Here is my version of the game Boggle for the DS.

It has wifi multiplayer support by connecting to or hosting a server. This allows you to play against and to chat with other players.

The object is to create words by connecting the letters on the 4x4 board of dice. Letters must be adjacent to each other (can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal) and you may not use the same die twice for one word.

The minimum word length is 3 and you get 1 point for 3-4 letter words, 2 points for 5 letter words, 3 points for six letter words, 5 points for 7 letter words and 11 points for words longer than 7 letters.

To join a server, select the "Join Server" option and input the IP of the server you would like to join. The IP you input should be saved in SRAM and loaded the next time you start. The default IP is the IP of a server that I am currently running, although I do not know how long I will have it running for.

You can start a server on the DS by selecting the "Start Server" option. Port 8070 must be forwarded from your router to your DS to allow other users to connect.

You can also run a dedicated server on your PC by running the included BoggleDSServer.exe program. Port 8070 must be forwarded from your router to your PC to allow other users to connect.

Thanks to my buddy Xander for the graphics.

Please leave questions, comments and bug reports.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

oregono
October 27th, 2006, 00:27
cool man, thanks - good work! Suprised nobody has responded, ill give it a go!

ikarimaru
October 27th, 2006, 05:48
Works alright, but I always seem to get like 5 K's or H's and never have more than about 2 vowels in the whole thing to work with... I've gotten at most 1 word... ever...

Great concept, though! :)

ACID
October 27th, 2006, 05:51
Looks nice ill give it a try. :)