PDA

View Full Version : PS1P Private Beta 3 Testing - PSOne Emu for PSP

wraggster
October 27th, 2006, 01:06
Spent most of the night testing Ps1P (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=820756) the PSone Emulator for the PSP, Heres my findings with new games i got:

Metal SlugX - Game Loads - Seems Fast but crashes.
Chocobo Racing - Works Perfect - Slow Speed
CHRONO.TRIGGER - Game Loads - Slow SPeed and Graphics Errors
Breath of Fire 3 - Works Perfect - Playable Speed
crash_bandicoot_.2 - Doesnt Load
Dino Crisis 2 - Loads OK - Blank Screen in Game
Tactics Ogre - Works Perfect - Playable SPeed
Duke Nukem Land of Babes - Works Perfect - Near Full SPeed

Still no release date and no new information from the coder, Check out some new screenshots via Comments

lumisi
October 27th, 2006, 01:11
This is getting boring ...

weirdelf
October 27th, 2006, 01:12
cant wait though

Man
October 27th, 2006, 01:15
I cant wait, im going to be paitent with this one, im not preassuring a release or anything, and not trying to insult anyone, but i agree this is getting just a tad on the boring side, but i can wait.

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 27th, 2006, 01:21
lol.

mavsman4457
October 27th, 2006, 01:27
Whenever there is a slow news day wraggy might as well tell us the speed of some ps1 games. Although it isn't as good as getting the PS1 emulator for ourselves, it gives us some insight as to what games we can hope for and what games we can't. It's also better than wraggster just making up random news that isn't newsworthy.

JKKDARK
October 27th, 2006, 01:29
omg it looks awesome. I can't wait for the first release :)

pkmaximum
October 27th, 2006, 01:41
Thx wraggster for the news, I look forward to the release.

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 27th, 2006, 01:41
Yer, any news is good news.

[OFF-TOPIC] Is there like a PSP hardware problems page?
Where people can post what problems they are having, and maybe other people who have solved them can help out?
Cause my D-Pad Right button starting being extremely irresponsive this morning...

Cheers :D

cloud_952
October 27th, 2006, 01:44
O_O YES!!! Chocobo's Racing works.

I didn't think anyone even remembered/played that game. >_> It's awesome.

DEugene
October 27th, 2006, 01:48
Wow i love Chocobo Racing! That game is both cute & fun. May i know if Harvest Moon Back To Nature Work?

the_eternal_dark
October 27th, 2006, 01:52
Looks great, this guy has some mad skills. I can't wait for a final. Keep bringing the good news wraggster.

Malksta
October 27th, 2006, 01:52
Man.. I'm so damn anxious to try this emu.

joesnose
October 27th, 2006, 01:53
when are you going to try GranTurismo2? lol

O-bake
October 27th, 2006, 01:59
I absolute appreciate that they don't release the emulator in as a early beta, but instead imroving them, till it has playable results.
And I like these WIP updates.
It is way better than releasing an emulator that can't emulate playable games, like the N64 ones did.

PICHIBRAVIS
October 27th, 2006, 02:03
I´m from Spain.and see your web every days but i never see a relase of this great emulator:(.I want testing the beta of ps1p please,please,please.I wait that you understandme,excuse my englis but I dont talk this languje:p .good work and un saludo para la buena gente de Dcemu.

DPyro
October 27th, 2006, 02:05
Ya....I can't wait *Yawn*

quzar
October 27th, 2006, 02:20
I wonder how much longer this will be milked for newsposts :rolleyes:

prinnyhero
October 27th, 2006, 02:25
Hopefully Shadow madness works on this when it comes out... i think I'm like the only person in the world who likes that game... :S

kcc86
Yer, any news is good news.

[OFF-TOPIC] Is there like a PSP hardware problems page?
Where people can post what problems they are having, and maybe other people who have solved them can help out?
Cause my D-Pad Right button starting being extremely irresponsive this morning...

Cheers :D

i dont know if theres a page like that but you can try two methods to fix that. first, use one of those compressed air cans and shoot some air into the d pad gaps on the edges of the d pad button. or you can take off the psp faceplate and use a clean cloth to wipe off dust from the d pad sensor. but it might not even be a dust problem. it's worth a shot though.

Mr. Shizzy
Damn...I thought this news post was an actuall release. (I got excited for a minute) Oh well, I'll just keep waiting. Thanks for the update Wragg. Can't wait. :)

Zombo
The wait is freakin Killing me...and Im sure it's killin everyone else.But look on the brightside AC seems to have the games running at full speed so that pretty much sets up for a pretty good release.

Broadus
October 27th, 2006, 02:29
Mmm, more updates on the PS1 for PSP emulator that hasn't been released yet... Still, those look like some major advancements. This will defeat the purpose of upgrading to buy Sony's PSP-specific PS1 games! I want me some Medal of Honor: Underground.
... Can't really think of any other PS1 games I'd play, seeing as how that, Time Crisis and the first Medal of Honor are the only PS1 games I own.

thesandman
October 27th, 2006, 02:37
lol YES for chocobo racing. . . but i want chocobo's dungeon 2 more lolz

fly_x
October 27th, 2006, 02:42
good news,but cant wait,how long should we wait for the release day?

M!ckeY
October 27th, 2006, 02:48
Wow! this is looking better and better, but that thing i really want to know is who the coder is!!. :)

snuffster
October 27th, 2006, 02:52
yes chocobos dugeon was by far better than racing \

i wouldnt mind see how thrasher skate and destroy plays or even mgs

M-Lin
October 27th, 2006, 02:56
wraggster and anon guy dudey thingy - the whole scene is wating on this - seriously I get other releases and and update my perfect psp, but FFS!!! I wanna play tha station!!!

johnny11358
i want it now !!!

Jpdeathblade
Wheres Resident Evil 2?

O yell, good job on the pics W (now wheres the vids =P)
Good luck on compatability Ac Hobo

PICHIBRAVIS
October 27th, 2006, 02:57
¿when is the relase´s days?answer me,please.I become crazy because I dont try ps1p.

LAMPRO
October 27th, 2006, 03:06
Whenever there is a slow news day wraggy might as well tell us the speed of some ps1 games. Although it isn't as good as getting the PS1 emulator for ourselves, it gives us some insight as to what games we can hope for and what games we can't. It's also better than wraggster just making up random news that isn't newsworthy.

i dont think wraggamuffin 'makes up random news', so whatever. but it was a slow day. We need a bunch more updates like daedalus - but any news is good news

fistikuffs
October 27th, 2006, 03:10
I've no problem waiting for this emu to be ready but please promise when its released to put RELEASED or something all over the post. This was exciting at first but i'd rather read about stuff i can actually d/l and try.

Psphreak
October 27th, 2006, 03:14
Has FF Tactics been confirmed working or whats the state at which it runs? Thanks

penileartery
October 27th, 2006, 03:16
neat. the only reason i wanna play is for Castlevania SOTN

porchemasi
October 27th, 2006, 03:18
Test Ff7 Jeeze Ill Ship U It 4 Free!

Veskgar
October 27th, 2006, 03:27
There has definitely been a slowdown lately in the PSP scene. This would definitely create a much needed boost.

Personally, I am anticipating the next update to gpSP from Exophase. If he plans on releasing anymore that is. That EMU is just about perfect and its still in "BETA".

I'm sure there will be a warm & fuzzy feeling when playing PS1 on the PSP for the first time so I am still rooting for A.C. and this EMU.

I betcha November will be a much more active regarding PSP homebrew. Its been almost too quiet lately don't you think? I'm sure its just the calm before the storm so to speak.

**1_Man_Matrix**
October 27th, 2006, 03:40
i dont know if theres a page like that but you can try two methods to fix that. first, use one of those compressed air cans and shoot some air into the d pad gaps on the edges of the d pad button. or you can take off the psp faceplate and use a clean cloth to wipe off dust from the d pad sensor. but it might not even be a dust problem. it's worth a shot though.

Thanks buddy :)

Yer I'll give it a go, only started happening this morning, and it's heck annoying tapping left to turn or scroll through weapons, then applying a ridiculous amount of pressure to turn right or scroll that way. Haha, oh well, I guess having absolutely no dead pixels had to have some problems right :D

Cheers!

Zaitmi
October 27th, 2006, 03:54
Can you post screenshots of incredible games, like Metal Gear Solid, or any of the Final Fantasies? From your posts Wrag, I can tell you're a Duke Nukem fan. I don't see why people like that game, personally speaking. Just post screens of Metal Gear please!

emuking
October 27th, 2006, 04:00
try mgs only if you can, thanks for the updates they are very much appreciated

Stoner4Life
October 27th, 2006, 04:14
I have over 100 of the best ps1 games and would be more than happy to beta test.

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 04:31
I gotta look around for mine, moving + never playing them has certainly taken its toll on them...

But I'd rather buy them from EBGames if possible than buy them through Sony, at least I don't feel like I am getting totally cheated :p

ACID
October 27th, 2006, 05:48
Well hopefully we will see a good release someday. And hopefully it will come with some app to make the huge memory consuming games for the ps one to take less memory space.

porchemasi
October 27th, 2006, 06:41
Ff7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beta Test Ff7 I Need Fps Details

helmer
October 27th, 2006, 07:53
Tyranog´s extra 4 Mb RAM included in the emulator??

ab88
October 27th, 2006, 08:57
NO flaming, this site is great :)

Kramer
October 27th, 2006, 09:08
NO flaming, this site is great :)

yep it sure is.
What site do you get flaming from anyway?:p

MetalMind
October 27th, 2006, 09:41
OMG!!! Chocobo Racing!!!! :D Best racing game ever on PS!!! n___n (At least my favourite one :P)

So it runs slowly... How many fps?

Is this emu going to have adhoc? :)

A full 60fps Chocobo Racing adhoc play could be a dream come true :P I know is hard to do that... But is the first thing I wish to play in PSP :D (Now that Salamander, Parodius and Twinbee Collections are in the way n__n).

splodger15
October 27th, 2006, 09:42
crash_bandicoot_.2 - Doesnt Load

ohhhhhhhhh and i was looking forward to playing that game

Cirus
October 27th, 2006, 11:52
I absolute appreciate that they don't release the emulator in as a early beta, but instead imroving them, till it has playable results.
And I like these WIP updates.
It is way better than releasing an emulator that can't emulate playable games, like the N64 ones did.

yeh its like having a 15" crappy tv and having a xbox 360. will ruin the "wow" factor till u had your 30" + hdtv

YourStillWithMe
October 27th, 2006, 12:35
mavsman-haha, that is so damn true. The only other thing that has been noteworthy was the 2.71 SE B which i wasn't even amped about whats going on with the FF's on psone anywho? And its good to see someone is workong on a GOOD project and is taking his time and just isnt try to please the masses by releasing crappy releases every couple of days (N64 emu) whats going on with that emulator anyway? it must be getting better by now?

Kramer
October 27th, 2006, 12:40
And its good to see someone is workong on a GOOD project and is taking his time and just isnt try to please the masses by releasing crappy releases every couple of days (N64 emu) whats going on with that emulator anyway? it must be getting better by now?

Are you calling Daedalus crap?

methodmanstyle
October 27th, 2006, 13:12
if a beta of this release is public we can said more games who passed or not

Mr.Denny
October 27th, 2006, 13:56
Thx Wragg, updates are good enough for me. :)

This is going to be great!

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 27th, 2006, 14:10
*YAWN* got bored of this COMING SOON nonsense weeks back.

animekid4
October 27th, 2006, 14:21
WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!!!!I WANNA PLAY SPYRO!!!!!TTTT
o l l l l

ririn13
October 27th, 2006, 14:31
When is release?
I cannot finish waiting!

Ryupowerup
October 27th, 2006, 16:50
Tales of Destiny is one game i what to play i do have the game on it is the real one

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 27th, 2006, 17:18
thx for the info....and is A/C(hobo:)) tring to make it full speed then release it or something coz im kind of getting bored now!

Rocksil
October 27th, 2006, 17:20
*YAWN* got bored of this COMING SOON nonsense weeks back.
same here infact i might stop reading any coming SOON ps1 emu for psp.i will only check the thread that releases it.

coldjim
October 27th, 2006, 17:21
i don't get it...
why doesn;t the coder just release the release he has, and then just updated every so often like every other coder does!
why does he have to do this to us?

dagger89
October 27th, 2006, 17:38
yawn... We get the picture... We've been getting them for weeks....

I'd rather get the emulator

markbarkins
October 27th, 2006, 18:17
I'm sorry, but I just think it's absurd to hear all the people actually complaining that this FREE emulator (coded by someone who is donating their time) isn't being released fast enough to suit them. I swear, has the emulation scene become so spoiled that we can't appreciate the effort and time that a project like this requires?

not here anymore
October 27th, 2006, 18:38
could you try Xenogears? Metal Gear Solid?
Thanks,

TSR

Xiofire
October 27th, 2006, 18:55
I wonder if Kula World works? That would be a great game for PSP!
-Xiofire

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 27th, 2006, 19:30
I'm sorry, but I just think it's absurd to hear all the people actually complaining that this FREE emulator (coded by someone who is donating their time) isn't being released fast enough to suit them. I swear, has the emulation scene become so spoiled that we can't appreciate the effort and time that a project like this requires?

No one is complaining that it's free.Were complaining at what seems like constant baiting with comming soon ect we know these things do take time to perfect but why not do a release then do updates like every other coder ?? thats whats getting my goat personally.Then WE can beta test to as between the comunity we would have just about every concievable psx title.

Kramer
October 27th, 2006, 19:33
No one is complaining that it's free.Were complaining at what seems like constant baiting with comming soon ect we know these things do take time to perfect but why not do a release then do updates like every other coder ?? thats whats getting my goat personally.Then WE can beta test to as between the comunity we would have just about every concievable psx title.

Wraggster has stopped saying "coming soon" now, so settle down yo and just wait for it to be released.

Shrygue
October 27th, 2006, 19:36
Let hope it doesn't take far too long to come out and be acceptably stable too.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 27th, 2006, 19:39
AMEN to that !!!!

gunntims0103
October 27th, 2006, 19:48
I think that the coder should wait till after the officail ps1 emu from sony is released. I also kind of hate beta talk because all it does is hipe us up and since we dont know when the officail releases date of this great emu will be it just leads to flamming and dispute over AC legitimacy (thou i do think that its 100% real due to wraggster posting it). AC should wait till after the ps1 emu that sony has is released that way AC can have a look see at it maybe take a look at the specs of it though i highly dout it cause sony making it open source WOULD PROBALY NEVER HAPPEN. though at least it gives AC an insite on other work to compare and contrast. I dout that most of us want to wait that long but im all for it if a great release of this emu is announced.I tell you i will never upgrade past 1.5 and thats a fact esspecailly not for any update coming from sony. even if the ps1 emu that they release is great. this is only what i think. In all i look forward to this emu and to hearing more from Wraggster on all the testing and hopefully hearing for what Ac has to say.

Apoklepz
October 27th, 2006, 19:48
This will probably be everyone's Christmas Gift.lol...I can't wait, but I for one am one of the people who think that it's better we get a few stable updates and ultimately a final version, than millions of beta releases...Let's face it, downloading betas and testing them every time a new one comes out(not to mention re-configuring/converting all your games time and time again) can become really time consuming...I for one dread it, because it takes a lot of my time..But hey, that's just me.

To the coder and Wraggs...Keep us udated, I don't care what any snobish, greedy person here thinks...This is Numero Uno on my Homebrew Wishlist...

modcase
October 27th, 2006, 20:01
The new Pimpware Streamer keeps me entertained much more then screenshots from a emulator.

MUDD
October 27th, 2006, 22:17
this emu will only hurt homebrew and its fight with sony. this is a perfect example of why sony is fighting homebrew.

i wont use it and dont care if it ever gets done .

ebitiba
October 27th, 2006, 23:24
In MY personal opinion, the only reason we are at this point in the PSP homebrew scene is BECAUSE of Sony. If they would stop throwing out such shoddy games for the PSP, we would not have such a need for these emulators, or homebrew games. There are several good games out, but only a handful (out of the many PSP UMD games).
But, as it is, we have such awesome coders and devs to lift our spirits and give us hope that our PSP is still worth something. I am very thankful to this person working on the PSOne emu right now, because when it is released, I will probably spend a lot of time going back to my old PS1 games that I have, and replay them all over again. ( Will this mean we will finally have a Gran Turismo on the PSP?)

Tinnus
October 27th, 2006, 23:46
this emu will only hurt homebrew and its fight with sony. this is a perfect example of why sony is fighting homebrew.

Huh? Can you explain???

Are you saying that Sony is right in asking us to pay again for our games and that emulator is wrong for enabling us to play games we already own, or what?

JD/
October 27th, 2006, 23:49
Thanks for the update wraggs I completed breath of fire III on the psp and if this comes out I want to play breath of fire IV on the emulator could you test it to see if it works thanks.

janys
October 28th, 2006, 14:47
I say: Let's wait, 'coz I'm already tired of all those 0.01 alphas and stuff

Give us a nice working emulator with a dynarec. ;)

tuta
October 28th, 2006, 14:58
Huh? Can you explain???

Are you saying that Sony is right in asking us to pay again for our games and that emulator is wrong for enabling us to play games we already own, or what?

Yup thats rite I got like 50 plus and it was like $20 for one of it long ago and I aint forking out any more for those old games of mine

But this news is kinda borin screenies all the time but no releases but well u made us wait and i'll wait for a good a release

HaXz
October 28th, 2006, 15:49
I think the a.c. is none other then Strmnnrmn(of course I could be wrong). He is a talented coder and he stopped the updates on his n64 blogspot around the same time information was released about this. Not to mention the n64 is much harder to emulate then a playstation. I think we have come as far as n64 emulation is going to go. ;)

Shrygue
October 28th, 2006, 16:07

Maybe it's because you're totally anti-homebrew and you're one of these points described below. You:

1 - are secretly working for Sony and trying to fish out as much information about what's going on in the homebrew scene and reporting it to the company.

2 - upgraded your PSP to something like 2.80 and you're just jelous you can't play homebrew.

3 - don't care about homebrew.

Or finally 4 - don't even have a PSP and you hate the colsole.

That's what I can figure if you're so against homebrew.

PSPKOR
October 28th, 2006, 16:41
I wunder if we will get this Emu first or will we get the Sony one by using DevHook?

dragonfire178
June 16th, 2008, 23:47
it's good though i hope it realeses a full speed one and in breath of fire 3 it frezes on the road

DPyro
June 16th, 2008, 23:53
Why did you bump this, the official Sony PS1 emu is already full speed...