PDA

View Full Version : Save Lik Sang!

kfish2oo2
October 27th, 2006, 19:39
Online Petitions has started a Lik Sang petition, asking that the London High Court ruling in Sony's favour be overturned.

Linky: http://www.petitiononline.com/liksang8/petition.html

Below is the petition statement:

"To: High Court of London

On October 24th 2006 Lik Sang was forced to close down because of petty lawsuit's filed by Sony. Sony claimed that Lik-Sang infringed its trade marks, copyright and registered design rights by selling Sony PSP consoles from Asia to European customers, and have recently obtained a judgment in the High Court of London (England) rendering Lik-Sang's sales of PSP consoles unlawful even though they conformed to the(each) country's safety regulations. We of the gaming community feel that the rulings and subsequent closing of Lik Sang affects us the gamers most unfairly and are insulted that Sony would take such actions and feign it as their attempt to protect us. We are aware of the benefits and disadvantages of importing hardware and software and we resent being treated as if we can't choose for ourselves. We of the global gaming community sign this petition stating that Sony overstepped their bounds and that the charges pressed against Lik Sang should be lifted so they may resume their regular business duties. Lik Sang should be allowed to continue their great service of providing gamers with hardware and software the likes of which they can't find anywhere else. Just because Sony can't/refuses to do the same, doesn't mean that we should suffer.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned"

To All DCEmu Members and Visitors Please sign this, let the gaming world show our support.

Shrygue
October 27th, 2006, 19:57
I though it closed...mabye it's still only just in business for a little time left. Still I say in any case that Lik Sang should still continue trading and make everyone happy again and that Sony get screwed for trying this stupid act against the online retailer.

mesosade
October 27th, 2006, 19:58
alright!!!

Kramer
October 27th, 2006, 20:01
I havent really read the lik sang closing down thing (doesnt concern me) but wasnt the reason because of court fees and all that.

Emeriastone
October 27th, 2006, 20:04
I'll sign the petition, but I don't believe there is anything the general public can do, the case has already been settled. It's not like they can just "take it back."

kidSN
October 27th, 2006, 20:12
*signing* done my part to try n help Link-sang..thats for my fresh 1.5 JP psp they sold me back then:D

JKKDARK
October 27th, 2006, 20:17
Yeah, I support it!

gymnotropic
October 27th, 2006, 20:20
I hope this actually does something. Sony needs to respect other people's property, AKA the consoles they bought. The person that buys the console is in control of what he/she does with it, not Sony.

Malksta
October 27th, 2006, 20:24
Signed.

robocelot
October 27th, 2006, 20:38
I havent really read the lik sang closing down thing (doesnt concern me) but wasnt the reason because of court fees and all that.

Partially, and that is a known tactic of big corporations (esp record compnies and studios like Disney) -- a smaller company can be bled dry from legal fees, even if they can win the suit. It's in Sony's best interests to drag this out as long as possible.

It gives me a cold feeling in my heart knowing that the companies who win such suits are the ones who have the best laywers and the most money -- not the ones who actually have a valid legal claim.

Joe88
October 27th, 2006, 20:44
no offence to anyone but this petition wont do squat...
lik sang is gone
move on
theres other reatilers out there just search
play-asia is one of those selling imports and such

the compnay is pretty much bankrupt
theres is nothing you can do to save it , its over
this petition wont do anything and is just a waste of my time so that is why I am refusing to sign it.

thumpa
October 27th, 2006, 20:45
U Got my sig

Fucc sony

Nasty Nate
October 27th, 2006, 20:52
signed

valo85
i can't see this doing much good but still i've signed, there's no harm in trying :)

Shrygue
Sony's just a cheating scumbag and trys its hand at domineering sales and distribution of its games consoles.

splodger15
October 27th, 2006, 20:57
Signed

mat_dizzy
October 27th, 2006, 20:59
Signed

kcajblue
October 27th, 2006, 21:09
signed

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 21:09
no offence to anyone but this petition wont do squat...
lik sang is gone
move on
theres other reatilers out there just search
play-asia is one of those selling imports and such

the compnay is pretty much bankrupt
theres is nothing you can do to save it , its over
this petition wont do anything and is just a waste of my time so that is why I am refusing to sign it.

Then refuse to sign. But in the US there is something called Precedent. Even if the Precendent case is WRONG, it still sets up success for all cases like it in the future.

Who is next on Sony's hit list? If this doesn't get overturned NOW Sony will have a much easier time in the future closing down other sites like Play-Asia, Success-HK, etc.

I will quote Edmund Burke once again:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (bold used to add emphasis :mad: )

qwerty69
October 27th, 2006, 21:20
sign me up!!! sony well overstepped the line and i for 1 will be getting a wii this xmas not a ps3...
all the delay's and crap are putting me off it...

MUDD
October 27th, 2006, 21:20
i would sign this if i belive lik sang is as inocent as you claim,and they had shown up in court and i dont belive they shut down cause there bankrupt .

keep pushing the propaganda these kids love it .and its getting funny.

LONG LIVE SONY

alterdimension
October 27th, 2006, 21:28
Obvioulsy You don't understand. This is not about lik-sang but is part of a vast video game community. We have a right to survive. I would buy always gp2x over sony anytime. Let sony die in flames.

Shrygue
October 27th, 2006, 21:30
i would sign this if i belive lik sang is as inocent as you claim,and they had shown up in court and i dont belive they shut down cause there bankrupt .

LONG LIVE SONY

I'll put it straight: Lik Sang is innocent and Sony is so wrong. They're simply taking the mick out of the online retailer with all those stupid lawsuits and their unfounded claims.

Junixx
October 27th, 2006, 21:30
Signed, though in truth dont think it will do anything

Shrygue
October 27th, 2006, 21:31
There's always a chance it might just get though.

robjanos
October 27th, 2006, 21:31

LONG LIVE SONY

DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY! DOWN WITH SONY!:eek:

F9zDark
October 27th, 2006, 21:32
Don't bother trying to reason with the troll. He is just a prepubescent 12 year old who can't comprehend the severity of this issue.

Sony has broken far more laws than Lik-Sang ever has (Rootkit anyone?) so why this troll goes about, merrily supporting them and their heinous practices, which borders on degredation of our civil liberties is only accountable to his complete and utter lack of intelligence.

Hey Mudd, its illegal for you to be using the internet without mommy and daddy's permission, so why don't you just leave.

Shrygue
October 27th, 2006, 21:34
Quite right!

JKKDARK
October 27th, 2006, 21:38
I hope that the PS3 will be a commercial failure..

crypysmoker
October 27th, 2006, 21:42
i think its funny that people keep thinking that these petitions are going to do much..
Like the kid who started the whole thing about how minors shouldn't have to update blah blah blah......

Sony is a huge company..
And the London high court isnt just some petty court tv show typr thing that relies on an "audience"...
They have much bigger things to worry about then a few hundred peopel that want to buy games from an allready closed company.

LInk sang closed..
They have refunded all the customers money/orders and have shipped all thier stock back to the respectable companies im sure..
The companies closed... what is this going to do.

MikeDX
October 27th, 2006, 21:50
Signed, though in truth dont think it will do anything

Ditto. Has any of these online petitions ever achieved anything???

MUDD
October 27th, 2006, 22:02
this is a web site about a sony product i have well a section anyway so i wont go anywhere and i can have an opinion on this topic if i like ,trolling ,ok if you say so but its not my fault lik sang closed or is it ;) i think your funny little guy so you can chill or maybe you cant i dont care what you do,you get mad so im happy as a clam .

i dont think this patition will do jack and most of you know it .thats my opinion .

LONG LIVE SONY

Shrygue
October 27th, 2006, 22:29
No way! Sony can get burned and that is that! Stupid corrupt company.

kcajblue
October 27th, 2006, 22:30
Ditto. Has any of these online petitions ever achieved anything???i think the one for the M3 did

Joe88
October 27th, 2006, 22:58
i think its funny that people keep thinking that these petitions are going to do much..
Like the kid who started the whole thing about how minors shouldn't have to update blah blah blah......

Sony is a huge company..
And the London high court isnt just some petty court tv show typr thing that relies on an "audience"...
They have much bigger things to worry about then a few hundred peopel that want to buy games from an allready closed company.

LInk sang closed..
They have refunded all the customers money/orders and have shipped all thier stock back to the respectable companies im sure..
The companies closed... what is this going to do.
yea
thats what im saying

some of you should move out of your fantasy world and come back to the real world and learn that these online petions done do anything.

and yes sony has gone to court over of things such as copyright infrigment that they stole technology for their rumble feature from another company. They seleted out of court for a large sum of money and that was the end. Sony went on and continued.
PS3 wont fail, 400,000 units are cpmming to the US and within hours they will sold out.

I am tired of people saying :
z0mg sony can suck ma ballz
sony suckz
i hate sony
im gonna tell every1 i know not to buy a ps3 (>_>)
sony phailz
(its just goes on and on and on , you get the idea)

Some of you need to grow up.
lik-sang is gone forever
there is nothing you can do
GET OVER IT !

quzar
October 27th, 2006, 23:15
They broke the law. They got sued. The end.

Unlike bleem!, Lik-Sang couldn't have possibly won.

Zargon
October 27th, 2006, 23:57
I will be amazed if this does anything, but I will sign it because nothing bad can come of it right?

I heart Nintendo
October 28th, 2006, 00:01
Heck, I'll sign the hell out of this!

Everyone that signs it needs to NOT buy a PS3 at launch or import one! *lol*

I want Sony to suffer...for a lil' while at least.

shrimpidy
October 28th, 2006, 00:03
im number 533 to sign. i was expecting much more. like in the thousands range. It seems that not enough people know about this petition.

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 00:06
They broke the law. They got sued. The end.

Unlike bleem!, Lik-Sang couldn't have possibly won.

I am tired of hearing the same old story:

1)Free trade is legal
2)Lik-Sang paid Sony for all PSPs they had in stock (typical retail model). Lik-Sang sold these PSPs legally under Free Trade to people of different countries.

Regardless of the semantics of the issue, I am deeply saddened by the complete ignorance of the real issue at hand, which is:

Allowing Sony the power to tell us that we cannot import games and consoles from reputable sources in other countries and that we must buy solely from them or retailers they 'prefer'.

quzar
October 28th, 2006, 00:13

1)Free trade is legal
2)Lik-Sang paid Sony for all PSPs they had in stock (typical retail model). Lik-Sang sold these PSPs legally under Free Trade to people of different countries.

Regardless of the semantics of the issue, I am deeply saddened by the complete ignorance of the real issue at hand, which is:

Allowing Sony the power to tell us that we cannot import games and consoles from reputable sources in other countries and that we must buy solely from them or retailers they 'prefer'.

Besides that fact, Lik-Sang was using images copyrighted by sony without permission to sell their stuff. Another portion of the suit deals with that, and copyright infringement, which they are completely guilty of.

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 00:26
And EBGames, Gamestop, IGN, etc does not? When last I checked, begining operations with a company like Sony for selling their products automatically gives one permission to use any Sony owned images, product sheets, etc to further the sales of the products.

This is part of most, if not all, retail incentive packages sent to businesses who sell a companies goods. Such an excuse is lame at best.

And beside, how does copyright infringement(because of images) resort to a London Judge deeming it illegal to import PSPs?

emuking
October 28th, 2006, 00:38
signed.
emuking.
please come back lik-sang :(

Anger
October 28th, 2006, 01:09
Signed :) even tho it wont bring back lik-sang. :(

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 01:16
I signed it even though I do not believe it will bring Lik-Sang back, I hope it garners enough support to make that Judge eat his ****ing words and rescind his order that PSP imports are illegal.

Joe88
October 28th, 2006, 02:15
And EBGames, Gamestop, IGN, etc does not? When last I checked, begining operations with a company like Sony for selling their products automatically gives one permission to use any Sony owned images, product sheets, etc to further the sales of the products.

This is part of most, if not all, retail incentive packages sent to businesses who sell a companies goods. Such an excuse is lame at best.

And beside, how does copyright infringement(because of images) resort to a London Judge deeming it illegal to import PSPs?

you dont even know what he is talking about do you ...

GobboFett
October 28th, 2006, 02:26
Signed! Kinda makes me wish I bought more from them before closing :(

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 02:29
you dont even know what he is talking about do you ...

I know damn well what he is talking about and you'd clearly see that if you read both his post and mine. This is just a half assed attempt to undermine my point.

And upon reading the article at Lik-Sang, it wasn't because of images, it was because apparently Lik-Sang made available the PSP's User Manual online. Which, I will concede is copyright infringement, but the use of images for the sale of a product that Sony knowingly allowed a company to do is NOT.

And also, copyright infringement usually resorts in the removal of the offending material, damages paid, etc. Not making it illegal to import game consoles, so again, stop beating around the ****ing bush and pay attention to the real threat at hand.

Our fellow Europeans and even people in other countries that Lik-Sang happily exported PSPs to, are getting screwed by Sony. Why should the UK deem something for ALL OF EUROPE? Isn't the point of the European Union to work out things that would benefit the majority of countries in Europe?

Point is people, and I get tired of saying it, is that Lik-Sang's closing, while upsetting, is not wholly the cause for concern here. It doesn't matter if Lik-Sang broke any laws, which they only infringed on copyright(which, China does not acknowledge most copyrights ANYWAY, so infringement of copyrights has no bearing on them or their businesses, thats why you see POPSTATIONS...)

What matters is, that a UK judge deemed it ILLEGAL to import PSPs in a world where we have FREE TRADE.

I'll say it again, in case you missed it, seemingly everyone not sympathetic for Lik-Sang does:

What matters is that a UK judge deemed it ILLEGAL to import PSPs in a world where we have free trade.

MUDD
October 28th, 2006, 02:37
link sang broke the laaaaaaawwwwwwwww .
your slow

oops i forgot
LONG LIVE SSOOONNNNYYYYYYY

JKKDARK
October 28th, 2006, 02:41
link sang broke the laaaaaaawwwwwwwww .
your slow

oops i forgot
LONG LIVE SSOOONNNNYYYYYYY

lol what about the other sites? why they dont break the law if they are importing Sony consoles?

Joe88
October 28th, 2006, 02:48
your not seeing the point
you thing you can get what you want just because you made an online petition ?
ha
they dont care because some 12 year old on a fourm made a petition and had people sign it
wait maybe they will care and they will reverse their whole decsision and make sony pay fines to lik-sang and now lik-sang will open again and do buinsess (sarcasm intended >_> )

anyone should follow the same suit that some of us are already following and just forget about the heaping pile of crap
as someone mentioned before, its just trying to give people "false hope"
its over, the court descision is final

MUDD
October 28th, 2006, 02:51
im honestly for lik sang on this .sony are some hard nosed assholes but some ppl need to face it that a judges word is kinda finale and they would know the laws better than probably anyone on this board
and i guarantee better than F9zDark no matter what he thinks, hes a sore looser and starting to cry like a big baby cause everyone else is moveing on.

he said hes going to pick up his toys and go home hes not playing anymore.

LONG LIVE SONY

Joe88
October 28th, 2006, 02:51
lol what about the other sites? why they dont break the law if they are importing Sony consoles?

some of the other sites are backing off now
they are removing them from the porduct list

lik-sang closing down was also a warning to all other company's , that if you dont want the same thing to happen to you ...

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 03:01
First off: I didn't make the petition and I normally do not care for them but I felt this issue was important.

Secondly: You don't refute the points I have made, but fulfill the role of the uneducated fool and try to prove your point with baiting and bashing.

Thirdly: You missed my point entirely, which proves you either cannot read or fail to comprehend english well enough to make sense of what I have written. Your poor grammar seems to indicate the latter, as the former would render your stay here useless (however I suggest it anyway in the event that you may have your mommy there to read for you).

Fourthly: Why should other, legitimate exporters take down game consoles when free trade is LEGAL? Something you have seemingly missed out on for the 100th time.

As I said in my last post, it doesn't really matter to me that Lik-Sang closed (yes its regrettable and those sites have alot to offer to us and everyone. Lik-Sang even donated wares for Homebrew Coding Competitions, which many a great coder submitted entries; so in that regard they have been nothing but great to this very community). The point is that Europeans are now bereft a their right to buy a PSP or PS3 from any retailer of their choosing.

And that is what doesn't sit right with me.

To try and help you understand this, imagine if Sony came to your town and demanded that your favorite game store be closed down. How would you feel?

Before you go running off your mouth, think about the 1000s of fellow Sony fans that have had their 'favorite gamestore' closed down.

It doesn't bother you any, because you will get your PS3 for 600 USD like anyone in the US. But in the UK, I have seen reports of the PS3 costing between 800-900 USD. Now imagine if you lived there. Not only do you need to wait until March, but you have to pay a shitload more money.

Online retail stores prevent companies from price gouging like that, but what do you care. Apparently anyone who goes against your opinion is a 12 year old.

MUDD
October 28th, 2006, 03:10
how many time you going to say the same thing .over and over and over and over ,
someone fix this record please .

F9zDarks
Current Arsenal is

1.0 PSP
---256 mb Mem Stick
------Artillery Shell
------SNES TYL .09
------Quake

1.5 PSP
---4 gig Mem Stick
------Artillery Shell
------SNES TYL .09
------Quake
------Miner PSP
------AFKIM
------Links2

reminds me of a postit note on a autistic kids forehead.lol

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 03:16
I am saying it over and over again because you and Joe88 are so bloody retarded you can't understand it the first time around.

And next time you wish to insult me, make sure you use proper grammar, you know the apostrophe before the S to show ownership...

MUDD
October 28th, 2006, 03:31
ok ok i quit .i was waiting for you to admit they broke the law but thats not happening so why bother .ill cancel my account here and go find a cave.

honestly i do only have a 6th grade ejubabcation
so your just picking on me now .but thats cool

LONG LIVE SONY!

the_eternal_dark
October 28th, 2006, 03:33
Either way, this petition is useless. Lik-sang is out, that's it. Thanks Sony, now we have to order somewhere else for our imports. Their power is only limited by their money, bad news for us since, well, not all of us have fat accounts.

Joe88
October 28th, 2006, 03:55
F9zDark
just give it up
its over

stop trying to "pwn" me
its not working

and btw im 20
I dont live in the fantasy world that you live in.
I live in the real world. I go to college, I have a job and a car.

flamming you is just pointless.
im not gonna stoup down to your level and lame like an idiot with no reason.
Its obvious that your an incoherent idiot who thinks he can get his way.

Ive already sent pm to mods asking them to lock this thread.

gymnotropic
October 28th, 2006, 04:07
Instead of flamming each other and trying to get the thread locked, why not let people express their opinions?

I think what Sony is doing is wrong, and what Lik-sang was doing was perfectly legal. Someone may have another point of view on this.

This thread comes down to one thing truely, though.
Either sign or don't sign the petition.

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 04:23
F9zDark
just give it up
its over

stop trying to "pwn" me
its not working

and btw im 20
I dont live in the fantasy world that you live in.
I live in the real world. I go to college, I have a job and a car.

flamming you is just pointless.
im not gonna stoup down to your level and lame like an idiot with no reason.
Its obvious that your an incoherent idiot who thinks he can get his way.

Ive already sent pm to mods asking them to lock this thread.

Incoherent? Right. If you even spent 1 semester in college you'd have carried yourself in a more respectful and intelligent manner.

And would have basic knowledge of how to prove a point thoughtfully, without resorting to your trollish behavior.

I don't live in a fantasy world either; which is why I am trying to make it known that Sony's behavior will not be tolerated.

A man of an education would hear the voice of reason and take a step back and think for a minute.

The repercussions of eliminating free trade of consoles to Europe are extreme. Ones you may not have to deal with, and as per the American way, 'Outta sight, outta mind'. But I have more respect for our European friends than that. Wraggster wrote about his views on the issue as well, because he is from the UK and it affects him entirely.

Not only that, this decision affects this website: DCEmu had a great affiliation with Lik-Sang, and Lik-Sang has helped the Homebrew Scene (for PSP as far as I know, maybe they have done more for the DS Homebrew scene and DC Homebrew scene, of that I am unaware). So the repercussions are felt here as well: the second prize for the Coding Grand Prix was a Nintendo DS courtesy of Lik-Sang.

If you do not wish to debate, discuss, or even state your opinion in a way that doesn't involve insulting other people, then what business do you have here?

Honestly, I have yet to see a single post in this thread from you that leads any credence to your cause or point; yet I see countless flames from you and MUDD.

Don't start the fight, if you can't finish it...

Joe88
October 28th, 2006, 04:34
I have already made my point
people have also join me , because after they read my post , they know that whole petition is full of crap and is a waste to everybody.

Also stop trying to insult me by saying I make no sense, I have the grammer skills oh a 8th grader ect...
I retain straight A's in my English class.
Much more then I can say for you.

Also what are you going to do with this petition ?
Send it to the court via email :P
lmao
send it to sony as a threat ?

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 04:45
I have already made my point
people have also join me , because after they read my post , they know that whole petition is full of crap and is a waste to everybody.

Also stop trying to insult me by saying I make no sense, I have the grammer skills oh a 8th grader ect...
I retain straight A's in my English class.
Much more then I can say for you.

Also what are you going to do with this petition ?
Send it to the court via email :P
lmao
send it to sony as a threat ?

Funny how you assume I have 'failed english' based on my impeccable spelling and grammar. And I don't care for your grades in english; community colleges are notorious for letting people, who shouldn't even have passed high school, graduate with an associate's degree.

The petition, may or may not do a damned thing, I admit that. But if you aren't planning on signing it, why do you care? If you feel its a waste of time why are you in here baiting others and purposefully starting flame wars?

If you don't agree with this petition, then state your opinion and leave the thread.

Joe88
October 28th, 2006, 05:11
Because you are just giving people false hope.
There is nothing you can do or anyone for that mater that can change it.
Lik-sang is gone.
Theres plenty of other online retailers.
People have already moved on.

And I really do not care what your situation with the PS3. I live in the US. I wont even be getting one so it doesnt even concern me.

JKKDARK
October 28th, 2006, 05:15
Hey guys, this is an emulation forum. Not a fight forum ;)

quzar
October 28th, 2006, 05:36
Incoherent? Right. If you even spent 1 semester in college you'd have carried yourself in a more respectful and intelligent manner.

If you have been to college you would know better than that. In the real world there are idiots everywhere.

I'm going to chalk the first part of what's been happening here up to a healthy argument. If either of you two keep it up, all involved will be warned and we might need to lock this.

Joe88
October 28th, 2006, 06:01
Yea, im not arguing anymore
thats it for me

some people are just too thickheaded ... :)

quzar
October 28th, 2006, 07:05
Good job. I thought it would take at least an hour for anyone to keep it up.

DaMadFiddler
October 28th, 2006, 07:34
[sigh]

I'd like to support this, but I can't for two reasons:

1. an Internet petition of this nature won't do the least bit of good in influencing a judge. The ruling has been passed, for one. Also, Lik-Sang defaulted on the ruling by not responding. Additionally, Lik-Sang has already shut down. It's too late. Even if the ruling were reversed, they won't magically be able to undo everything the company has already done in terms of dismantling itself. It wouldn't be practical for them.

2. This is a very poorly written petition. It sounds amateurish, and doesn't even address the issues that any *successful* argument would be built around. Essentially what this says is "reverse your ruling because Sony's a big meanie and we like Lik-Sang." Doesn't work that way.

There IS legal ground to work with: first, issues of jurisdiction. Second, issues of parallel trade, import and export legislation, and whether the argument of "intellectual property" even applies to a case like this.

Those are all significant, winnable legal arguments, and are exactly what is at issue here. However, none of those points were even MENTIONED in this petition, let alone discussed *competently*. This thing just comes across as fanboy rambling.

Sorry, but somtimes constructive criticism is necessary. Stuff like this won't help the cause or the scene. If something like this is going to be pursued, it needs to be done right. Just because something has a good cause at heart doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that it's being done the right way.

Now, if someone actually researched the relevant legislation to make a DETAILED, SPECIFIC *LEGAL* case (the court's job IS to interpret matters of law, after all ;)), and draft a new, better organized petition--something more than just an Internet sign-up sheet--then maybe there would be something to get behind.

It still wouldn't revive Lik-Sang, but it would help prevent more things like this from happening in the future.

Knux896
October 28th, 2006, 07:48
I signed the petition but I must say that I feel it is aimed at the wrong people. It seems to me that a petition to Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe would be much more effective. Like it of not, the High Court of London doesn't have the ability to repeal a verdict based on a petition sent to them.

However, it might be a good idea to send the petition to Lik Sang themselves so that they can use it in the way of evidence to contest Sony and the verdict that they were awarded. Also, sending a copy to Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe to show the outrage that is felt by the gaming community might not be a bad idea.

I think that this petition is a good idea, but I think it should be used somewhat differently than what the author originally intended.

October 28th, 2006, 11:03

1)Free trade is legal

Please stop saying free trade is legal because in this case it obviously wasn't. You're not allowed to import electronic goods that aren't tested under strict EU guidelines. Lik-Sang claimed they did, but why would they do that? To get people on their side, to add fuel to fire, to make the internet community even more angry. They know what they're doing, don't pretend they're innocent.

I mean, God forbid Sony Europe try to protect their market! Because we all know businesses don't do that :rolleyes:

If the importing continued, Sony would loose money and then shareholders could sue for loss of profits. Sony aren't evil, they're trying to run a business.

Tell me, which are the major gaming companies have been charged with abusive business practices? Sony you say? No. Nintendo AND Microsoft are the only two that have been charged with it. Not Sony.

And why do they prefer certain shops? MONEY. And guess what businesses like to make? MONEY. It's all about money, which you may think is greedy, but look, how the hell is a business going to continue without it? Sony did what they did, Lik-Sang fled the scene because they had no chance. If Lik-Sang has actually turned up to court what would of happened? Sony would of won. It doesn't matter either way. Sony win, game over.

Shrygue
October 28th, 2006, 13:15
Now listen; PlayStation Portable cosoles are all the same, wheather they are UK, Japanesse, American or Russian units. The only difference are the region code restrictions and that only applies to UMD media, not games. Other hardware are safe to use as well. AC chargers are also safe as long as you get the right one for your country, which is common sense. They are still at 5 volts, just the plug is different. Why shoud the goods that Lik Sang sold flout EU guidelines?

You might as well say that UK 1003K and European 1004K wouldn't be within the law at this rate.

Walker
October 28th, 2006, 13:47
i did my duty i signed it :D

Shrygue
October 28th, 2006, 13:49
Good for you!

F9zDark
October 28th, 2006, 19:50
Please stop saying free trade is legal because in this case it obviously wasn't. You're not allowed to import electronic goods that aren't tested under strict EU guidelines. Lik-Sang claimed they did, but why would they do that? To get people on their side, to add fuel to fire, to make the internet community even more angry. They know what they're doing, don't pretend they're innocent.

I mean, God forbid Sony Europe try to protect their market! Because we all know businesses don't do that :rolleyes:

If the importing continued, Sony would loose money and then shareholders could sue for loss of profits. Sony aren't evil, they're trying to run a business.

Tell me, which are the major gaming companies have been charged with abusive business practices? Sony you say? No. Nintendo AND Microsoft are the only two that have been charged with it. Not Sony.

And why do they prefer certain shops? MONEY. And guess what businesses like to make? MONEY. It's all about money, which you may think is greedy, but look, how the hell is a business going to continue without it? Sony did what they did, Lik-Sang fled the scene because they had no chance. If Lik-Sang has actually turned up to court what would of happened? Sony would of won. It doesn't matter either way. Sony win, game over.

If you read the Lik-Sang article about why Sony took them to court, it had nothing to do with importation of PSPs; it was due to the fact that Lik-Sang published the PSP manual on their site, which apparently is copyright infringement.

The UK judge deemed it illegal to import PSPs for god knows what reasons. And in the last threads where you made the claim that grey importing is illegal, I brought you evidence that said grey importing was not only legal, but that the EU openly WISHES for it, because it brings items to consumers who would otherwise might not be able to get them.

If you have evidence, aside from this one instance of abuse of power and law, that proves your claim that importation is illegal then bring it forth for all of us to see.

oooooomonkeys
October 29th, 2006, 13:57
i dont think the gaming community will ever have any trust in sony anymore.
im gonna go out of my way to never purchase another sony product again.
Thats the only way they'll learn if everyone stops buying then they have no buissness,
even if lik-sang is re-opend i,ll never again give sony my money.

JKKDARK
October 29th, 2006, 14:04
Thats the only way they'll learn if everyone stops buying then they have no buissness,

I said something similar in 1995.. but everyone bought a PSX

MIB.42
October 29th, 2006, 17:34

You got that right. I bet the "parent" company will re-emerge under a different name... :p

Vegetable
October 29th, 2006, 17:37
Hey assholes, petitions do nothing and Lik-Sang will be back. It's happened before.

Sage this shit.

Joe88
October 30th, 2006, 07:03

you still will give them money
just wont know it

alot of electric equipment contains sony brand parts under the hood
their batterys (even though they cause the biggest comp recall in for history exploding batterys with sony, dell, apple, and IBM/Lenvo branded laptops >_> )

JKKDARK
October 30th, 2006, 20:25
Hey assholes, petitions do nothing and Lik-Sang will be back. It's happened before.

Sage this shit.

it works.. very few times ;)

Shrygue
October 30th, 2006, 20:41
We will have to see how the outcome goes.

Emulation_Chief
November 5th, 2006, 03:33
Hello:

It'll be very difficult to make changes in court decisions, but not impossible. May be Lik-Sang as is, probably won't open again. At least, not without starting a new business model and new name.

Let's hope this petition will do something, at least, to other companies that import games and hardware. Otherwise, we will no longer enjoy the fun of importing.