PDA

View Full Version : The Music of GTA: Vice City Stories

wraggster
October 27th, 2006, 21:47
Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/742/742062p1.html)

There are three things in life that you can count on; death, taxes, and the epic soundtracks that accompany Grand Theft Auto titles. The music of Grand Theft Auto has always been much more than just an ambient background accessory. Since the incarnation of the Grand Theft Auto series, the radio has always played an essential role providing the soundscapes and music that captured the essence of the environment, story and era.

In the latest installment, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the soundtrack is the most ambitious yet. With over 100 tracks, this is the largest number of songs of any Grand Theft Auto soundtrack, console or handheld. The epic scope of the selections rivals any other single game, TV, or film project for that matter. The soundtrack will over deliver on what fans have come to expect from Rockstar Games.

The airwaves of 1984 Vice City will be infiltrated by 8 music stations with all new licensed tracks, covering the following music formats: Rock, Pop, Ballads, Hip Hop/Electro, Disco, Soul, New Wave, and Latin. Never to be overlooked, the always hilarious talk radio format will have a home on the Vice City airwaves with the call letters; VCPR (Vice City Public Radio).

Full article at Link Above.

TCLCloud
October 27th, 2006, 22:00
This soundtrack should be good, the vice city one was the best so far, Laslow and Chavez are well funny.....

Basil Zero
October 27th, 2006, 22:27
I hate what they did with the talk show hosts in SA

splodger15
October 27th, 2006, 22:37
This soundtrack should be good, the vice city one was the best so far, Laslow and Chavez are well funny.....

Yeh i thought they were funny as well

The other soundtrack i liked on a different gta was msx fm on gta3 and liberty city stories

Basil Zero
October 28th, 2006, 01:13
I liked the soundtracks for Radio X in San Andreas

AtariFreek
October 28th, 2006, 21:02
Thats a nice music selection! CANT WAIT!!!

uneekracer
October 28th, 2006, 21:18
cant wait

stotheamuel
October 29th, 2006, 00:56
I LOVE THIS NEWS!!!!

Yay for 80's music... I hate my gen. stuff.

But if we are talking favs. Mine was flashback fm