PDA

View Full Version : Does dreamcast play naomi gd-roms ?

kohan69
October 28th, 2006, 02:07
or vice-versa

such as this?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5314/sega20naomi20sports20japc6.jpg

sorry for the noobness

JKKDARK
October 28th, 2006, 02:16
fast answer: NO. Yeah, I know, it's a GD. But it's different.

quzar
October 28th, 2006, 03:38
First of all the NAOMI's hardware is different (more ram, etc), as well as having protection.

Atari
October 28th, 2006, 07:31
Sure would be neat to be able to develop games for the Naomi hardware. I wonder if GRev or any of the other companies still making games for Naomi use official dev kits.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
November 8th, 2006, 05:34
NAOMI GD games don't even play off the disc like a regular Dreamcast game. When the cabinet is first turned on, the entire game is loaded into memory and then run from there. So even if there weren't differences between the Dreamcast and NAOMI architectures as well as probably a software lockout, there'd still be no chance.

Too bad as there's a few really good NAOMI games that never got ported to the Dreamcast that I'd love to be able to play...maybe I should buy a NAOMI cabinet. Mmm....

...word is bondage...

V3N0M
November 8th, 2006, 06:15
I don't think that would work either.

JKKDARK
November 8th, 2006, 19:44
NAOMI GD games don't even play off the disc like a regular Dreamcast game. When the cabinet is first turned on, the entire game is loaded into memory and then run from there. So even if there weren't differences between the Dreamcast and NAOMI architectures as well as probably a software lockout, there'd still be no chance.

Too bad as there's a few really good NAOMI games that never got ported to the Dreamcast that I'd love to be able to play...maybe I should buy a NAOMI cabinet. Mmm....

...word is bondage...

I never knew that we can buy Naomi games :S

SiZiOUS
November 8th, 2006, 20:54
I never knew that we can buy Naomi games :S
Of course i think you can... but the price isn't 30/40€ as the DC :D