PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Dream Interview with Planning GM

wraggster
October 29th, 2006, 00:38
Nintendo’s Planning General Manager Mitsuaki Hagishima was interviewed recently in the latest issue of Nintendo Dream in Japan. In summary, Hagishima revealed that Nintendo does not have any plans for a different colored Wii, however they do plan to release different Wii-mote colors. The reason for Nintendo releasing in the United States first was in order to get the console in before Thanksgiving.

I heart Nintendo
October 29th, 2006, 00:56
Good ploy on the Thanksgiving release! I don't think Nintendo could've had it any other way with Sony releasing around the same time. But I commend them for sticking to their word of launching in the US for Thanksgiving.

As for the colours, I know many out there had their little hearts set on a black Wii. I was thinking of buying a Wii for my Dad for Christmas and I woulda liked to have gotten him the black one, just because it would go nice with his digital box, DVD and TV.

Adrenalin
October 29th, 2006, 02:50
shame, although i wouldn't be surprised if they changed thier mind a released a few others or limited editions.
At least the wiimotes have diff colours.

I heart Nintendo
October 29th, 2006, 19:14
The different coloured Wiimotes is cool. Alot like the N64 - when Nintendo released the controllers in a good range of colours.

Will there be different coloured nunchuk's too?

gotmilk0112
October 29th, 2006, 21:25
mabey....mabey not. but my brother is gonna be pissed. he wants a GREEN wii but the only green wiis are the PAL ones and wiis are region protected. but atleast he can get a green wiimote

kcajblue
October 29th, 2006, 23:13
id rather have a choice between different colored Wii's than different colored controllers

Gottaa
October 30th, 2006, 10:33
I thought green was the dev kit one's ? Nice to hear a reason but it still leaves the EU behind which is odd consider the size of the market. That said I'm happy to wait till Dec, if nothing else it means I'll get my x-mas shopping done early and then have December free for playing.