PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Nunchuck With A D-pad

Kramer
October 29th, 2006, 21:38
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7110/weirdwiisj5.jpg

BigBen Interactive, a company that makes accessories for consoles such as the PS2, Xbox, and Gamcube, are launching into the world of the Wii with a strange peripheral attachment for the Wii-mote.

The device looks almost exactly like the Wii's Nunchuck, but instead of having an analogue stick, it has a 'D-Pad', and it is black. One question remains with this device. How are gamers supposed to play 'Zelda' with a D-pad? It is possible, but not convenient.

UPDATE:
Just to answer the question of some of the guys at the Nintendo forums, we do not yet know when it is coming out, or if it is necessarily coming to the US. We here hope that it isn't. For the price, we bet that it will be about $15 dollars, considering that the official Nintendo one will be $20 or so, and this one appears cheaper to make. Oddly enough, it doesn't appear that there is a wire to attach it to the 'Wii-mote', it could be because the device is wireless. As you can see on the side, there is a 'On' and 'Off' switch.

Source:GoNext (http://gonext.blogspot.com/2006/10/third-party-nunchuck-with-d-pad.html)

Xiro
October 29th, 2006, 22:16
its def wireless, but as for the price being 15? I dont think so... For a wireless nunchuck i'd say 30 bucks at the minimum

tisti
October 29th, 2006, 22:28
I'm guessing it won't have any motion detectors...

kcajblue
October 29th, 2006, 23:09
wow. third party things for the wii already.

Adrenalin
October 30th, 2006, 06:28
Intersting, but d-pad, could be a bad idea.

I heart Nintendo
October 30th, 2006, 16:19
Damn. What is that crap. *lol*

JKKDARK
October 30th, 2006, 20:19
mm seeing it, I prefer the original one..

nicholasprag@hotmail
October 30th, 2006, 21:18
when have third party controllers been anything other than sub-standard and uncomfortable

lexluthor
October 30th, 2006, 21:48
when have third party controllers been anything other than sub-standard and uncomfortable

True dat.