PDA

View Full Version : Cygwin problem?

ShUr1k3n
October 30th, 2006, 09:37
Hi guys, i'm having a problem installing psptoolchain.

I has everything alright, before formating the HD.

After installing Windows XP Prof. i try to install everything again and i got an error when installing "toolchain.sh".

Take a look:

ShUr1k3n@PC1 ~/source/psptoolchain
$ ./toolchain.sh
ERROR: Please make sure you have 'automake' installed.

Before u ask, i follow the tutorial from www.psp-programming.com.

I delete the cygwin folder and tried again, downloading from another server, no luck. I also try to install in another drive.

Any suggestion?

nomi
October 30th, 2006, 10:56
redownload the toolchain

MikeDX
October 30th, 2006, 11:12
redownload the toolchain

That is a terrible answer!

ShUr1k3n, you may have more success by downloading devkitpro, then downloading the msys-utils from the mingw pages on sourceforge. I've never had a lot of joy with cygwin.. it is so gay it's unreal!

yaustar
October 30th, 2006, 12:03
Codeblocks + DevkitPro tutorial:
http://www.psp-programming.com/dev-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1363

ShUr1k3n
October 30th, 2006, 13:04
Codeblocks + DevkitPro tutorial:
http://www.psp-programming.com/dev-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1363

I really prefer Cygwin. I'm already "integrated" with cygwin. So, any suggestion for my problem? Is this a problem of Cygwin?

MikeDX
October 30th, 2006, 13:30
Can't help you then

psiko_scweek
October 30th, 2006, 14:28
if your getting an error like that, make sure you have Cygwin installed properly, follow the tutorial on psp-programming.com. If need be simply reinstall Cygwin. If that doesnt solve the problem then defiantly reinstall the toolchain.

ShUr1k3n
October 30th, 2006, 14:47
I install the FULL cygwin... and i still get this error.

Can any1 send me the psptoolchain folder (compressed) plz... Cos i already reinstall it a lot of times :S.

I also try, "svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/psp/trunk/psptoolchain"

:(

psiko_scweek
October 30th, 2006, 15:15
well Cygwin may not have installed properly, just reinstall the Dev and the Wget portions of it (just like the tut says) and it should solve the problem your having.

ShUr1k3n
October 30th, 2006, 16:29
well Cygwin may not have installed properly, just reinstall the Dev and the Wget portions of it (just like the tut says) and it should solve the problem your having.

I already reinstall that a lot times and still dont work :S

This is really weird. This is the first time i'm having this kind of problem :(

(but thank you for ur suggestions)

Emeriastone
November 1st, 2006, 04:27
I'm having this same problem.

"Error: Please make sure you have 'automake' installed."

If anyone can help it would really be nice.
Very confusing. I have also been through downloading Cygwin for the 3rd time.

NoQuarter
November 1st, 2006, 05:01
You guys could always dual boot linux as the toolchain is linux native.

Emeriastone
November 1st, 2006, 05:37
Yeah, all I've needed the Cygwin for was to compile my scripts into an eboot file and I've been screwing with it all day to no avail. One problem after another. I'm installing linux.

pibs
November 1st, 2006, 07:08
yup had the same problem nobody helped so i just gave up, it said in the tutorial to get the newest version which i did from the site and no luck

can i have dual boot with one hard drive or is it essential to get a second hd for linux?

Emeriastone
November 1st, 2006, 07:26
No just partition your harddrive to make room for linux.

pibs
November 1st, 2006, 07:33
oh ok thanks

yaustar
November 1st, 2006, 12:54
Or use VMWare Player so you can run Linux in Windows.

Coder_TimT
November 1st, 2006, 19:43
So guys, what exactly are you all doing when you install cygwin? It sounds like your just changing the view to where it says "full"...but that doesn't actually change what you're installing, only how the list is displayed.

All you need to do is, go down that list and look for automake. There are a few different versions listed, you can select them all just to be safe. If you have a package installed it will have the version number under the "Current" column and it will have "keep" under the "New" column. You most likely have "Skip" under the "New" column, meaning the package is not installed and will be skipped. Click on the word "Skip" to install...it will change to a version number. Now, do that for all the prerequisites and then install.

Also, you can run the cygwin setup program over and over as many times as you want, installing and uninstalling different packages.

Hope that helps a little...

Emeriastone
November 2nd, 2006, 05:16
Coder_TimT: This is what shows under my Cygwin Web Setup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/Emeriastone/webshow.jpg

I've downloaded all the required files at least 3 times. I still get the same errors. :(

Coder_TimT
November 2nd, 2006, 05:37
Well, automake is actually in the "Devel" section. The only thing actually needed from the "Web" section is wget. Likewise only a few of the packages from the devel section are truly needed. I'm assuming the tutorial mentioned in the original post has you get everything in those sections just to be sure.

Regardless, check under the Devel section for what you are looking for...or you can click the "View" button at the top of the setup window and change the view to "Full", then everything will just be in alphabetical order....handy when you don't know what section a particular package will be in...

Although in your case, Emeriastone, this may all be a moot point since you've got your linux install working. But it still might be helpful for the OP...or someone else.

Emeriastone
November 2nd, 2006, 06:02
Lol thanks, I've been hopping back and forth all day between XP and Ubuntu trying to get either one to work. On top of that I've tried using MSys and DevkitPro/PSP, And one other I've downloaded that I can't remember. The point is either my computer is cursed or I'm just friggin retarded.

Right at the moment, I'm getting ALL the files from the Cygwin setup maybe that way I won't run into any problems.