PDA

View Full Version : Play-Asia cancels import PS3 preorders

Darksaviour69
October 30th, 2006, 11:25
Online retailer cites "licensing and distribution limitations"

Following the closure of Lik-Sang last week, fellow online retailer Play-Asia.com has told customers reserving an import PlayStation 3 that their preorders have been cancelled.

In an email sent out to consumers yesterday, Play-Asia cited "licensing and distribution limitations" as the reason for the cancellations.

"As a result, we are very sorry to let you know that we have now cancelled your non-binding reservation with us," the email continues.

"Rest assured, as this was a "no money down" reservation only, no funds have been debited in any way."

All the listings on the retailer's website for PS3 units, games and accessories have now been changed to read "preorders closed".

The news comes less than a week after Lik-Sang announced it was to close following a series of lawsuits filed by Sony over the issue of import PSPs. Earlier this month, Sony warned that it would "utilise the full scope of the law" to prevent retailers from importing any of its consoles.

Source=Game Idustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=20700)

T-2000
October 30th, 2006, 11:34
one word.. Ebay , unless they stop that to, not that i would pay for over priced import consoles any more...

moogster66
October 30th, 2006, 11:48
Wait, stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't $ony in the market to SELL thier product?

Vega
October 30th, 2006, 12:07
I cant see EBAY being allowed to sell ps3s either. Sony has the world by the balls when it comes to importing ps3.
Face it dudes... all us in the UK will have to wait until next year to own a ps3. And really.. I will have bought another next gen console by that time... and I won't be buying another for a very very long time. Sony's loss... nintendo / microsoft's gain.

mesosade
October 30th, 2006, 12:12
here we go again...

mnuhaily22
October 30th, 2006, 12:17
That sucks real bad, I realy want a PS3, waaa,waaaa.

Paradok
October 30th, 2006, 12:40
Wait, stop me if I'm wrong, but isn't $ony in the market to SELL thier product?

Only if you bend over and say "uncle" first, and then only after the third day of the waning moon. :)

aries2k4
October 30th, 2006, 12:59
Only if you bend over and say "uncle" first, and then only after the third day of the waning moon. :)
Plus after Sony“s done "giving" it to you, you have to look back, smile and say "thank you, can you give it to me again", lol
There goes free trade right down the toilet:o

MikeDX
October 30th, 2006, 13:41
I'd be bothered if I wanted a PS3, but as I don't, here sony, have the FINGER

saotome22
October 30th, 2006, 13:51
can't really blaim play-asia for covering their asses. I hate Sony. I've never wanted a PS3, so I'm not that upset, but this really shows what a bunch of assholes they really are..

kidSN
October 30th, 2006, 15:37
Damnn yuuuuoo $$oOonnnyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! -__-"

O yes ebay..Hmm..but im not payin up to £2000 for a ps3!

Kcen
October 30th, 2006, 15:42
Its a matter of they are borrowing from peter to pay paul.

They are discounting the ps3 heavily in japan and using the high prices in Euorope to pay for that discount.

They dont want importers costing them money by sending their home discounted units to Europe instead of the overpriced ones.

I heart Nintendo
October 30th, 2006, 16:13
It was to be expected really wasn't it! *shrugs*

alamosh
October 30th, 2006, 16:15
Well, as bad as that can be, I still want a PS3...

Emeriastone
October 30th, 2006, 17:00
Whatever. WTFever. It's so damn stupid I don't care anymore. Sony this and that, when is someone going to show some balls?

F9zDark
October 30th, 2006, 17:39
The damage is done I am afraid... If action isn't taken quickly by these companies to overturn this, Europe will be taking it in the ass.

Sony is already charging Europeans significantly more than anyone else and now they are eliminating the only other option to acquire a PS3 cheaply. It is just bullshit I say...

jwilds73
October 30th, 2006, 17:59
I'm coming home Nintendo!~ I just hope Zelda is a launch title because I am still slightly jaded from purchasing a N64 at launch and having Zelda pushed back constantly.

Shrygue
October 30th, 2006, 19:16
Play-Asia canelling PS3 import preoders? That's so not good! Maybe Sony had a piece of stupid pie and said "Hmm..this tastes good! Let's wind up everyone up again! We'll target some more online retailers for the preventation of grey import for our upcoming PS3! Ha, ha, ha!"

Stuipd company needs a good whack in the butt for that.

Paradok
October 30th, 2006, 19:32
I just hope Zelda is a launch title

It is. Much to my dismay, however, Smash Bros isn't. :/

ACID
October 30th, 2006, 19:36
Well two words. Sony Sucks

houseonfire
October 30th, 2006, 20:08
I cant see EBAY being allowed to sell ps3s either. Sony has the world by the balls when it comes to importing ps3.
Face it dudes... all us in the UK will have to wait until next year to own a ps3. And really.. I will have bought another next gen console by that time... and I won't be buying another for a very very long time. Sony's loss... nintendo / microsoft's gain.

Their on eBay... but for 1500 bucks.
PS3s (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=ps3&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&ebaytag1=ebayreg&srchdesc=n&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort)

Basil Zero
October 30th, 2006, 20:14
i would too, wouldnt want to suffer same fate as Lik Sang

Shrygue
October 30th, 2006, 20:16
Well two words. Sony Sucks

We should also stick two fingers at them too! :D

donj
October 30th, 2006, 22:02
I dont think i will be buying a PS3

jools
October 30th, 2006, 22:34
Their on eBay... but for 1500 bucks.
PS3s (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=ps3&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&ebaytag1=ebayreg&srchdesc=n&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort)

scams :(

why sony? why...

F9zDark
October 31st, 2006, 05:40
Honestly wtf is wrong with people...

Goto the ****ing game store and preorder it for however much, its guranteed and doesn't cost 1500 dollars...

For that amount of money can buy a PC that will murder the PS3; quad-SLI anyone?

babysupertrousers
November 17th, 2006, 16:41
i was a loyal sony console customer, but now i'm gonna get a 360 as they won't let us import. if they reverse their decision which is likely not to happen they might be able to dig themselves out of this rather ugly hole