PDA

View Full Version : Lik-Scam Hits PS3 Pre-Order Customers

wraggster
October 30th, 2006, 16:38
Via Kotaku:

Joel Johnson posts over on GameLife that there's a PayPal Lik-Sang scam making the circuit among people who pre-ordered the Playstation 3 through them.

An email I received this morning says, in part:
Our records indicates you can retrieve an additional $ 9,99 USD refund in your PayPal account. In order to successfully retrieve the refund please confirm your existing PayPal account on this page. Please notice that the confirmation of your PayPal account is needed to have this refund send into your PayPal account.

When clicking on the "this page" link (that I haven't reproduced), you are taken to fake Paypal interface on the domain "ljk-sang.com" (note the "j" instead of "i").

As per usual with Paypal scams, never click a link to go to Paypal, but instead type the URL in your browser manually. That is, of course, if you need to be on Paypal at all--in this case it's a scam; don't fall prey.

I'm surprised scammers were able to produce something so timely. Good thing Joel didn't fall for it, but I bet if they had thrown in some pills to increase the girth of little Joel, he totally would have.

Destroyer699
October 30th, 2006, 17:18
Glad I didn't get it.