PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Trivia

abeisgreat
October 30th, 2006, 17:43
Ok Here is the idea I will post a question about nintendo and the first person to answer correctly gets a point. I will keep track of the points and whoever has the most points at the end of the week wins!Also If you answer and get a question wrong you will lose one point. Here Is the first question, In which year was Nintendo founded?

nightcrawler420
October 30th, 2006, 17:48
September 23, 1889

abeisgreat
October 30th, 2006, 17:52
I only said what year but I will take the whole date.
Second question, What was nintendo first system?(not handhelds)

nightcrawler420
October 30th, 2006, 18:01
Nintendo Family Computer (Famicom)

abeisgreat
October 30th, 2006, 18:06
I am extremely sorry, but that is incorrect, does anyone know the answer?

nightcrawler420
October 30th, 2006, 18:22
Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Popeye

abeisgreat
October 30th, 2006, 18:31
Those where the first games not systems. The first system was actually the AVS or Advanced Video System. It was produced in 1979 it came with built in wireless controllers and 5 built in games.

Question 3, What 2 colors is a virtual boy capable of displaying?

Jeremysr
October 30th, 2006, 18:53
Black and red

abeisgreat
October 30th, 2006, 19:25
Good, 4 What was marios original name?

JKKDARK
October 30th, 2006, 20:03
Mario's Cement Factory (Game & Watch) - 1983

Jeremysr
October 30th, 2006, 22:51
Jumpman from Donkey Kong

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 00:15
Ok, What was luigis first title ,were he was the only playable character ?

Jeremysr
October 31st, 2006, 03:12
Mario's Missing?

quzar
October 31st, 2006, 03:27
I think google should be prohibited (at least on an honor system). I knew the 1889, but nobody would know the exact date off the top of their head :rolleyes: .

mario is missing is definetly the first game where luigi was the main character. I'm pretty sure the first game he was in was the mario bros arcade, but I don't know if they gave him the name luigi there so who knows if it would count =P.

pibs
October 31st, 2006, 04:44
quzar is right its not fun if every1 just googles,yahoo or watever.

abeisgreat how about some questions u can't find on google because they are made too specific

quzar is mario bros arcade the one with the little pow sign in the middle or is that an rpg one?

quzar
October 31st, 2006, 05:03
quzar is right its not fun if every1 just googles,yahoo or watever.

abeisgreat how about some questions u can't find on google because they are made too specific

quzar is mario bros arcade the one with the little pow sign in the middle or is that an rpg one?

That's the one. It was also used as a minigame thinger in Super Mario Bros. 3

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 05:15
ok the winner is Jeremysr. Now to keep the game fair please dont use search engines to find answers. Ok then here is a specific question What is the minimum amount of Levels you have to beat, and flutes you have to collect to get to World 8 in super mario bros 3?

pibs
October 31st, 2006, 05:19
dang i dont remember the levels but i think it was like 6 flutes last time i played it i was like 6 years old lol

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 05:22
I was told to make specific questions so i did,Heres a hint there are only 3 flutes in the whole game :)

brainpan
October 31st, 2006, 05:28
You only need 2 flutes and I think...maybe...12??? levels. I thinks its actually more but I cant remember. It's been soooooooo long.:p

Video_freak
October 31st, 2006, 05:34
Oh, I know. It's three levels and one castle. Oh and two flutes lol. :)
(I made a vid for this on Google video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1388812922017813272&q=nes+m82)

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 18:53
Yep thats it! What nintendo system was the "Laser Scope" made for?

BrooksyX
October 31st, 2006, 20:46
I am pretty sure that it was made for the nes, I know it was made by different company then nintendo. I cant remember who though.

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 21:48
You are right, it was the nes! What was the first game for Princess Daisy to appear in?

BrooksyX
October 31st, 2006, 21:53
Now this one I am pretty sure I know! Its super mario land 1 for the original gameboy.

quzar
October 31st, 2006, 21:55
Donkey Kong (kind of). If you consider the "princess" from all marios to be the same that's her. Otherwise I believe it would be Super Mario Land on the Gameboy. At the time the naming difference (daisy vs peach) was because the games were created by totally different people, and afaik until relatively recently they were considered to be the same person, but in newer things she is distinct from peach.

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 22:02
Bigmace was right,that was an easy one, What is the main difference( Not the label or the info on the cart ) between a Gyromite and Super Mario Bros 3 cart?

quzar
October 31st, 2006, 22:29
Many gyromites were simply the japanese ones with a pin adapter. This was because the game had (almost) no text at all in it. A few other games did this as it was cheaper to build bunches of the adapters instead of making new pcbs with pins.

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 23:09
Good Job, Next What is the main difference between Gameboy advance Sp Version 1 and Version 2?

JKKDARK
October 31st, 2006, 23:16
"The switch that controls the light now toggles between "normal", and "bright," an intense brightness level similar to LCD television set."

abeisgreat
October 31st, 2006, 23:22
Ill accept that but i was looking for the original is top lit and the new is backlit. What game was the nes power pad originally made for?

brainpan
October 31st, 2006, 23:41
Family Fun Fitness (or something like that)

Jeremysr
November 1st, 2006, 00:36
I wasn't using a search engine BTW

abeisgreat
November 1st, 2006, 01:37
Good Job, Now was killer instinct 3 one of nintendos original arcade games?

Video_freak
November 1st, 2006, 23:58
No, it was released in the 1990s- ish. :P

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 01:40
good Job Video, Next what color face plate does the Nintendo Wii devolopement unit have?

The Hombrew Hunter
November 2nd, 2006, 03:01
There's a Killer Instinct Arcade machine at my local flea market.

Not sure if it works, though. I think the non-worker is like NFL or something..

Somone was selling like...MK2 Arcade recently. One out at Parkway Center Mall has a flawed X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (by flawed, green tint :/) for sale.

abeisgreat
November 2nd, 2006, 04:21
thats cool wish there where so many arcades for sale by me. Anyway back to the trivia.

abeisgreat
November 5th, 2006, 06:49
Ok well its been quite awhile and none have answered , so here is the new question how many digits is a nds freind code for mkds?

JKKDARK
November 5th, 2006, 16:03

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 04:05
Im sorry that is incorrect

Video_freak
November 6th, 2006, 06:41
Its... let me go check lol....
Ok, it is 10 digits. And the Wii dev face plate is black I think.

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 06:47
again that is incorrect! the correct answer is 12! I cant believe two people got that wrong! Also video the dev wii faceplate is green. How many player game is Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess?

BrooksyX
November 6th, 2006, 14:49
Right now there is there are rumors that it will be two players, but I am either guessing that the rumor is false or that there are some kind of side quests that allow for two players.

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 15:09
Correct! Now what is the name of the main characters in Earthbound?

Kramer
November 6th, 2006, 15:14
Correct! Now what is the name of the main characters name in Earthbound?

Nope it's definetly only one player.
http://bdcgamer.blogspot.com/2006/11/rumor-killedzelda-to-only-feature-one.html

oooo the trivia master has made a mistake lol:p

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 15:24
I did not make a mistake he said he thought the rumors are false so he was correct. Now back to the trivia.

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 15:34
His 'official' name is Ness, but in the game, you can set the name to anything (although if you set it to something like Poo, it will get very confusing later on ;) )

EDIT: I assume you meant to say: "What is the name of the main character in Earthbound?" not what is the name of his name ;)

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 15:41
Correct! What is a Game&Watch?

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 15:46
O_O?

I assume you're asking what a Game & Watch is. The game and watch was a type of handheld videogame device released by nintendo throughout the 80s that used fixed position (is that the proper name?) LCD screens (the kind where there are sprites of fixed sizes and shapes that are simply turned on or off depending on the requirements of the game). They came in variations with normal screens, widescreens, and dual screens, all of which played different games. Most were themed with famicom colors (gold/maroon-red). The reason they were called game&watch is because when not being used as a game, it would function well as a pocket watch (similar to how people use cellphones nowadays).

I've got a widescreen octopus one. I think it's beautiful compared to all the similar machines of the time (thinking mostly of those tiger handhelds).

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 16:02
Correct!(sorry for some reason I keep typing words I dont need) Anyway what was the first video game console that Mario Bros(arcade version) was released for?

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 16:20
Colecovision. (2600 compatible cart type). (i have one somewhere, and iirc it's the white styled coleco cart, like most of Nintendo's other releases).

I'm pretty sure it was also released for a bunch of other systems at the same time (computers and whatnot, 5200, 7800, then NES and whatnot).

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 16:42
Correct! Good Job Quazar you are now tied for first! Next what color is my cat? just kidding, What is a nes satellite ?

kwok
November 6th, 2006, 16:46
is it a famicom with an in built satellite reciever which only appeared in japan?

*Edit*
ahhh doh, just remembered, i saw this on a retro website recently, do you mean the satellaview, in which case is a satellite modem for your super nintendo which wasn't made by nintendo but some unknown manufacturer and attached itself to your snes and allowed you to download extra game content for some games. (I think only like 2-3 games supported it) O, you could also download full games onto it and play the game from the satellaview.

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 17:11
No, that would be the satellaview. If he is talking about what i think he is, it's the 'online' service for the famicom in japan. It had limited gaming uses, but there were things that let you do stuff like order pizza, make stock market trades and bet on horse races, as well as play a few basic games online (i think there was a simplified GO at the very least).

That I know of there was never a release of the same hardware outside of japan though.

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 17:21
You are both wrong, you both talk about the Famicon I am talking about the nes satellite. The nes satellite is an accessory for the nes that made any controller you plug into it wireless. See Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NES_Satellite)
Next who is the current president of Nintendo of America?

JKKDARK
November 6th, 2006, 17:47
Reggie Fils-Aime

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 18:22
Correct! That was the last question of the trivia and the winner is...

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 18:24
Its a tie between Jeremysr and Big Mace! With Video freak and Quazar in a close second! Good Job to you All!!!

quzar
November 6th, 2006, 18:25
a winner is me?

what's your count from? i see jeremysr at 3, big mace at 3 and myself at 4. am I counting wrong?

(or did you take points off for wrong answers?)

abeisgreat
November 6th, 2006, 18:30
You got second( it doesnt matter you don't win anything accept the knowledge you are the second smartest person about Nintendo)