PDA

View Full Version : Lik Sang Scam Alert!

Laichzeit
October 30th, 2006, 19:38
I just recieved an email that looked like it came from Lik-Sang regarding their closing.

It said I could recieve a credit of $10 from the company, all I had to do was verify my PayPal account. Well, the link goes to www.ljk-sang.com, and i'm pretty sure it's a scam to steal people's PayPal accounts. Especially since I've never ordered from them before.

Be Warned!

Here's a copy of the email.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear valued customer,

Your Login/Email is: [email protected]
Your password is: ********

As of today, Lik-Sang.com will not be in the position to accept any new orders and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund any store credits held by the company, and the customer support department is taking care of any open transactions such as pending RMAs or repairs and shipping related matters. The staff of Lik-Sang will make sure that nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal. To read the full article please visit: http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

Our records indicates you can retrieve an additional $ 9,99 USD refund in your PayPal account. In order to successfully retrieve the refund please confirm your existing PayPal account on this page (scammers link deleted). Please notice that the confirmation of your PayPal account is needed to have this refund send into your PayPal account.

If your PayPal account is no longer active on this ([email protected]) address you will have to create a free PayPal account at: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run to retrieve this refund. Once your account is created and activated please confirm your account information at the above page.

We feel very sorry for any inconvenience and trying to make all refunds to take place as soon as possible.

Team Lik-Sang

------------------------------------------------------------

ACID
October 30th, 2006, 19:40
Damm scammers they never rest.

Russoxley187
October 30th, 2006, 19:45
Man...
Thats sooo jacked up...
I wish them ppl would be drugg out in the streets and shot...
I sell stuff on forums,bay and craigslist all the time...
These emails come in all shapes and forms...
Kill em' all...

JKKDARK
October 30th, 2006, 20:00
It's a fake?

TCLCloud
October 30th, 2006, 22:31
Thats kinda sick, using peoples misfortunes to con others out of money.....

Junixx
October 30th, 2006, 22:34
Thats kinda sick, using peoples misfortunes to con others out of money.....

Very well said

Makaveli777
October 30th, 2006, 22:43
Well it happen all the time unfortunatly. Some would say "dont hate the player hate the game". I hate both lol

Emeriastone
October 30th, 2006, 23:30
Receiving emails about pay pal from anyone either than your bank is ALWAYS a scam.

shadowhawk22
October 30th, 2006, 23:33
This is why I love this website so much. It is so informative and helpful for all PSP users. Thanks for the warning, and thanks for the great site!!!

FOL
October 30th, 2006, 23:33
I just recieved an email that looked like it came from Lik-Sang regarding their closing.

It said I could recieve a credit of $10 from the company, all I had to do was verify my PayPal account. Well, the link goes to www.ljk-sang.com, and i'm pretty sure it's a scam to steal people's PayPal accounts. Especially since I've never ordered from them before.

Be Warned!

Here's a copy of the email.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear valued customer,

Your Login/Email is: [email protected]
Your password is: ********

As of today, Lik-Sang.com will not be in the position to accept any new orders and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund any store credits held by the company, and the customer support department is taking care of any open transactions such as pending RMAs or repairs and shipping related matters. The staff of Lik-Sang will make sure that nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal. To read the full article please visit: http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

Our records indicates you can retrieve an additional $ 9,99 USD refund in your PayPal account. In order to successfully retrieve the refund please confirm your existing PayPal account on this page (scammers link deleted). Please notice that the confirmation of your PayPal account is needed to have this refund send into your PayPal account.

If your PayPal account is no longer active on this ([email protected]) address you will have to create a free PayPal account at: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_registration-run to retrieve this refund. Once your account is created and activated please confirm your account information at the above page.

We feel very sorry for any inconvenience and trying to make all refunds to take place as soon as possible.

Team Lik-Sang

------------------------------------------------------------

Also add emails from PAYPAL (supposed to be from) themselves, I had 1 asking me to verify my acount. My answer to this was "TRASH" and then "EMPTY"

morninghead
October 30th, 2006, 23:37
Thanks for the heads up. I owe you. I just got one of those today saying that and I was plainning on doing it although I thought it was al ittle suspicous that I didn't order anything from them... I just thought it was a mistake and was going to take advantage of it.

paul1991
October 31st, 2006, 00:15
I just recieved the same thing! Very well done, for a phish.

eurogba
October 31st, 2006, 01:15
same story in my inbox .. weird

Vangar
October 31st, 2006, 06:16
Upon going to the scam site, it took me to the real lik-sang site. You sure its a scam?

mesosade
October 31st, 2006, 08:30
a ploy by sony to afford legal fees?? a LONG shot but still...

vladiftodi
October 31st, 2006, 12:00
yeah i know this scams, thats why i never use web buy ! matter way is the most trusty

ruckage
October 31st, 2006, 12:14
I had the same email and instantly assumed it was a scam. Would be interesting to know where they got our emails from as it would appear it was targeted at people who are into gaming and the homebrew scene. I only received the email in the account I use for signing up to gaming forums. Probably be difficult to narrow the search down though as I'm sure everyone here, like myself are members of lots of different forums.

edit:

Also a small piece of advice - no one needs paypal details to pay someone money. The minute they ask for your paypal account details its a scam, all you need to pay someone money is an email address.

Darksaviour69
October 31st, 2006, 12:17
well i think we can rule out anyone at lik-sang, or a emails stolen from lik-sang, as i have a account there for years and never got this scam email...

Mikaa
October 31st, 2006, 13:09
I got one too, and just shrugged it off. Especially since 1) I NEVER used PayPal with Lik-Sang, 2) I used all my credit with them, 3) the only site that owes me money was www.toysnjoys.com, and 3) I always had a problem setting up a PayPal account without issues.

Add in the fact that I suspected that the e-mail was a scam, given how many people used Lik-Sang, and how easy it would be to nail people.

And the fact that the ammount was "US$9,99." Come on, how many people end up with THAT?

quzar
October 31st, 2006, 14:46
um. who made this news? This kind of thing happens all the time. I get at least one eBay/PayPal scam of a similar kind every day.

Darksaviour69
October 31st, 2006, 14:48
slightly different, as this is targeted at lik-sang users, because of them closeing down, + we have many lik-sang users on this site.

F9zDark
October 31st, 2006, 19:09
Upon going to the scam site, it took me to the real lik-sang site. You sure its a scam?

The scammers make an EXACT copy of the site they wish to emulate, so as to make it appear legitimate. Whether they needed to emulate Lik-Sang or not, I don't know, but they usually make an exact replica to fool unsuspecting victims.

ruckage
October 31st, 2006, 20:11
The scammers make an EXACT copy of the site they wish to emulate, so as to make it appear legitimate. Whether they needed to emulate Lik-Sang or not, I don't know, but they usually make an exact replica to fool unsuspecting victims.
The addresss the scammers are using is www.ljk-sang.com but if you try to go to just this address it redirects you to the real lik-sang.com. Clever way to fool people into a false sense of security. I wonder how many people have fallen for it. I did try to find out who was hosting ljk-sang.com but didn't have much luck - the domain was only registered on the 30th of october but I'm pretty sure the personal details that were used to register the site are false.

BL4Z3D247
October 31st, 2006, 20:16
The addresss the scammers are using is www.ljk-sang.com but if you try to go to just this address it redirects you to the real lik-sang.com. Clever way to fool people into a false sense of security. I wonder how many people have fallen for it. I did try to find out who was hosting ljk-sang.com but didn't have much luck - the domain was only registered on the 30th of october but I'm pretty sure the personal details that were used to register the site are false.
ding ding ding...we have a winner :p, u hit it right on the nail

jimjamjahaa
October 31st, 2006, 20:40
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2381/screenshotfo1.th.png (http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotfo1.png)

nuff siad

BL4Z3D247
October 31st, 2006, 21:24
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2381/screenshotfo1.th.png (http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotfo1.png)

nuff siad
exactly what i got when i click on the linky