PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Banning 360 Firmware Modders?

wraggster
October 30th, 2006, 22:35
Via Slashdot:

After several months of silence it was more or less accepted that Microsoft wasn't going to do anything about the firmware hacks that allow Xbox 360s to play backups. Rather surprising, considering the 'inventor' of the hack confirmed in March already that the mods are easily detectable, and the reports that piracy is running rampant in countries like China. It appears that Microsoft is finally taking action against them though, although they may be hitting the wrong persons

10shu
October 31st, 2006, 03:04
how banning people who use a modded 360 would be hitting the wrong persons???

should we put in jail the guy who make the guns or the guy who use it?

zidanerick
November 3rd, 2006, 11:49
Both, that way the cause is fixed and the user will know not to do it again.

Cap'n 1time
November 3rd, 2006, 15:00
I am not exactly against this. as of now the only reason one would mod their dvd drive firmware and apply these hacks is for piracy.. I am actually a little surprised that they didnt do this right away.

Also as LIVE is a huge part of the 360, I dont recommend anyone do this... buy your games!

ishkibble
November 4th, 2006, 19:24
just wondering, has anyone here been banned from xbox live because of modding? are there any real numbers on the matter?

quzar
November 4th, 2006, 19:58
? maybe next time you should repost the whole article and not just the summary blurb, because that says nothing about people being banned =\