PDA

View Full Version : Gay Kissing in the USA: Latest on the Bully ‘Weak Tea’ Scandal

wraggster
October 30th, 2006, 22:48
You probably remember that a couple of weeks back when reviews of Rockstar’s Canis Canem Edit/Bully finally started to trickle out, that many picked up on the fact that the game featured some gay kissing.

Well, it seems that it’s taken a few weeks for the more conservative elements amongst America’s mainstream media to pick up on this ‘weak tea’ scandal, with a Reuters-penned feature currently doing the rounds.

“The video game maker that sparked uproar over a hidden sex scene in ‘Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’ is courting new controversy with its latest schoolyard title "Bully" -- featuring boys kissing”, begins the piece, which was picked up by The Washington Post, among others, over the weekend.

Most gamers raised an eyebrow and chuckled and then got on with the business of playing the other 99.99% of this classic game that didn’t involve having to kiss other boys. Reuters, however, is attempting to cook up more of a scandal from the gay kissing content – drawing links with last year’s Hot Coffee GTA scandal. It states that, “In ‘Bully’ the controversial scene was not hidden -- but it also was not advertised to consumers.”

In related, all-too-predictable news, Jack Thompson has also jumped on the gay content issue, firing off another lengthy missive to Take Two’s Paul Eibeler (cc’ing retailers Wal-Mart, Gamestop and Target), claiming, “It is my legal opinion that the sale of this game to minors, which is presently occurring at your stores in Florida, violates Florida’s “Sexual Material Harmful to Minors Statute,” Florida Statute 847.102.”

Adrenalin
October 31st, 2006, 09:41
LOL! OMG GAYS! THIS SHOULD BE RATED 18+ SO INNAPROPRIATE.

ps: although this game actually looks pretty sucky too me anyway so who cares

JKKDARK
October 31st, 2006, 13:46
Really, I don't like games related to gays..

souLLy
October 31st, 2006, 13:57
Think Of The Children!

MikeDX
October 31st, 2006, 14:06
People who buy that game are gay anyway so whats the difference?

Darksaviour69
October 31st, 2006, 14:14
people that play any games are gay

Nookadum
October 31st, 2006, 14:19
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let's watch Jack Thompson make a fool of himself again. ;) Entertaining, no?

And Bully is a pretty damn good game. I love the Chemistry and Gym classes.

JKKDARK
October 31st, 2006, 14:21
people that buy any games are gay

What about Asian Girls Volume 1 for Dreamcast? :rolleyes:

MikeDX
October 31st, 2006, 14:29
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Let's watch Jack Thompson make a fool of himself again. ;) Entertaining, no?

And Bully is a pretty damn good game. I love the Chemistry and Gym classes.

i know i've seen you dancing around in that pink frock

dondonkat
November 2nd, 2006, 01:23
Why on earth should it be censored in the first place? They're making it seem that kids shouldnt be allowed to see to men kissing like its wrong. Whats wrong is forcing children to believe that everyone is straight and that its unacceptable to not be straight.

No wonder you hear about people coming out at 25 years old and plus, its no thanks to the government as always hiding the truth. and yes this might come as a shock to some of you.... gay people are real, they do exist and yes they are normal! My brother is one of them.

I say people like my bro wouldnt have such a hard time if issues like this werent hidden away from society. Its about time schools educated people on the fact that not everyone is "straight" and if you're not "straight" it doesnt mean there is something wrong with you either.

wolfpack
November 2nd, 2006, 01:30
oh who gives a shit, a games a game, let it go, its the childs fault if he becomes gay, not the game

F9zDark
November 2nd, 2006, 05:25
Old prejudices die hard I am afraid...

What's funny is that the game says "Sexual Content" and that ESRB saw it and still gave it a T rating, yet Jack Thompson has something to say about it...

Why don't these government assholes spend this much time and money trying to eliminate the hard drugs from our streets, like coke and meth?

Whats also funny is that games protect kids and teens. Who here knows of anyone that went out after a Halo 2 tournament or a long bout at GTA and went out on a murdering rampage? Fact is, games keeps kids and teens from doing more dangerous shit.

Take away video games and you'll have more kids and teens on the streets with nothing better to do than drugs and cause trouble.

Knux896
November 2nd, 2006, 06:26
Why on earth should it be censored in the first place? They're making it seem that kids shouldnt be allowed to see to men kissing like its wrong. Whats wrong is forcing children to believe that everyone is straight and that its unacceptable to not be straight.

No wonder you hear about people coming out at 25 years old and plus, its no thanks to the government as always hiding the truth. and yes this might come as a shock to some of you.... gay people are real, they do exist and yes they are normal! My brother is one of them.

I say people like my bro wouldnt have such a hard time if issues like this werent hidden away from society. Its about time schools educated people on the fact that not everyone is "straight" and if you're not "straight" it doesnt mean there is something wrong with you either.

I think I hear an Avenue Q song coming on....:)

Seriously though, I know some people that are gay and I accept them for who they are. The way I look at it is as long as they don't go around hitting on me I don't care what their "orientation" is.

I wonder if anyone will get the Q reference....:rolleyes:

SnesR0X
November 2nd, 2006, 07:06
What about Asian Girls Volume 1 for Dreamcast? :rolleyes:

That's the exception

dondonkat
November 2nd, 2006, 18:01
I've never understood the reason behind beating someone up or disliking somone because of their sexuality... I mean why the hell should it affect me? More women left for the rest of us lol.... isnt that a GOOD thing? lol Video games carry all sorts of messages and are often as influential as films. They should convey more serious messages in video games, I think alot of issues could be raised.... and questions answered!

J sims
November 13th, 2006, 08:42
I've never understood the reason behind beating someone up or disliking somone because of their sexuality... I mean why the hell should it affect me? More women left for the rest of us lol.... isnt that a GOOD thing?

yeah and if there is any group of people that should be mad a gay men it should be straight women since there is not enough men for every woman.:cool:

PSPFR3AK
November 30th, 2006, 04:44
i finished the game and i dont remember seeing that