PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Classics Reloaded US ver

wraggster
October 31st, 2006, 06:41
New Commercial release for the PSP at SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/?aff_id=24)

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.75955.001.jpg

Compilation of some of Capcoms greatest games

Baboon
October 31st, 2006, 12:00
These look pretty feeble since NJ released his CPS emu's (I sold the first Capcom Generations Remixed and SF Alpha3 Max on my PSP a while ago now).

If Capcom ever got their Marvel license back from EA and they decide to release Marvel Vs Capcom2 on the PSP I'd reconsider purchasing one of the capcom compilations (I really doubt this will ever happen though).

I've always loved Capcom, and I've got most of there arcade classic compilations on each format (my bro's even got an official ultracade arcade machine with most of the Capcom games on :) )... but now on the PSP re-releasing these games (plus there not even the best titles on each compilation) is just a money making exercise.

Dear Capcom... We want MVC2 and Stirider2 thank you very much. :)

MikeDX
October 31st, 2006, 13:46
I think these retro re-releases are awesome, just a shame they dont include more games :(

Nookadum
October 31st, 2006, 14:11
I would still get this than using the emulated ROMs though. The game just looks better when it's scaled properly, that and if you dump it, it'll play just as fast with no problems.

Vega
October 31st, 2006, 14:18
very nice. Was reading that the 3 Street Fighters on this release (World Warrior, Champion Edition and HYPER !! ) include the great re-arranged SF Soundtrack.. to turn on and off whenever you please. Thats a selling point for me right there :D

I'll definitly be picking this up.

Baboon
October 31st, 2006, 14:29
Before I discovered the world of homebrew I did use to think that these releases were quite cool (you cant complain really having a pocket arcade machine).

The one feature I do miss now though is the unlockables (the music, original arcade artwork, concept art etc)... these were quite a neat touch making you want to complete the game (without infinite continues) to see something new. :)

Another game I'd like to see on PSP compilation is Street Fighter 3, or even the (never converted from the arcade to any other format ) CPS3 game 'Wazard'... but instead we get poor titles like Quiz and Dragons.

Vega
October 31st, 2006, 18:00
I hear ya' there. I'd love the "vs" series to be released on PSP without the need of homebrew i.e Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter , Marvel vs Capcom, Capcom vs SNK .

Would be awesome as hell. C'mon Capcom.. get it together.

mr_nick666
October 31st, 2006, 19:08
These look pretty feeble since NJ released his CPS emu's (I sold the first Capcom Generations Remixed and SF Alpha3 Max on my PSP a while ago now).

If Capcom ever got their Marvel license back from EA and they decide to release Marvel Vs Capcom2 on the PSP I'd reconsider purchasing one of the capcom compilations (I really doubt this will ever happen though).

I've always loved Capcom, and I've got most of there arcade classic compilations on each format (my bro's even got an official ultracade arcade machine with most of the Capcom games on :) )... but now on the PSP re-releasing these games (plus there not even the best titles on each compilation) is just a money making exercise.

Dear Capcom... We want MVC2 and Stirider2 thank you very much. :)

These do look pretty good and there are some classics but, as you say, why pay for a game when you can emulate the original for free :confused: (we ALL own pcbs of the classics Im sure :rolleyes: )

Greg_Alexander
November 1st, 2006, 18:55
The CPS1 & 2 versions of Final Fight, Marvel Superheroes vs Capcom, and SF Alpha 3, are arcade-perfect(they should be i guess :p) and the scaling is just as awesome as the retail version of SF Alpha 3 Max(which I bought whilst on fw2.60, so there's no need for this as far as I'm concerned.