PDA

View Full Version : BBC To SEGA: 'Give Us Shenmue III!'

JKKDARK
October 31st, 2006, 16:07
Source Press Start:

The BBC's videoGaiden show has recently started an internet-wide campaign asking for gamers everywhere to come together under one, united message. "Give us Shenmue III, and give it to us now."

On the show's website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/videogaiden/campaign/index.shtml), presenter Rab Florence (arguing for the game) says "We want closure. We want Ryo Hazuki's story to be told to its end. We want to see ambition rewarded. We want a straight "Yes." No other answer will do."

Florence has also said "I'll be contacting SEGA at the end of all of this, with the BBC behind me, and demanding some answers. Showing them what we've all done in the name of Shenmue III."

On each weekly instalment of the show a report will be presented from the Shenmue III Campaign Room, showing viewers just what fans of the series have been up to. And what can you get up to? Well, everything and anything. Write letters, record videos, make pictures, do crazy stuff...just make sure it all gets sent to [email protected] so it can be presented to SEGA at the end of it all. The show's second series begins on November 5th at 11pm, airing on BBC Scotland. Be sure to get plenty of stuff sent in for them by then!

Oh, and ignore other presenter Ryan Macleod, who says that "videoGaiden will become base camp for the most significant public service the BBC has ever performed. The suppression of Shenmue III propaganda and the reprogramming of Shenmue addicts."

Booo!

Hawq
October 31st, 2006, 18:29
Its good that they call for shenmue 3, its bad that its only shown on bbc scotland so most people wont hear anything about this

VampDude
December 7th, 2006, 05:12
Shenmue III would only be worthwhile if it was released on the DreamCast to complete the trilogy and as something for all the SEGA fans that they let down when they abandoned the console and the series, but it wont be released on the DreamCast cause they cast it all aside 5 years ago then 4 years ago re-released Shenmue II on Xbox. I would love to see Shenmue III, but not on any console other than the DreamCast!

JKKDARK
December 7th, 2006, 14:23
They are working on Shenmue Online (PC) since 2004, so they don't abandoned the serie.
Don't forget Sega Japan is still supporting Dreamcast ;)

VampDude
December 8th, 2006, 02:59
They are working on Shenmue Online (PC) since 2004, so they don't abandoned the serie.
Don't forget Sega Japan is still supporting Dreamcast ;)

that's only in Japan thou, Sega Europe has'nt supported the dreamcast since 2001/2002. PC Shenmue would be good, I'd only get it if it was both Shenmue's plus the 3rd as one big game which is exactly what Shenmue is!