PDA

View Full Version : Slice of GoldenEye remade on 360

wraggster
October 31st, 2006, 16:07
Classic N64 GoldenEye deathmatch map Facility is being remade for Perfect Dark Zero

There's much nostalgia in the office this morning, as we contemplate the return of possibly the greatest lavatory-based deathmatch arena ever; GoldenEye 007's Facility.

The map, along with the already-released Map Pack download and another N64 remake, Perfect Dark's 'Ruin' will ship with the Perfect Dark Zero Platinum Edition next month, to celebrate the shooter shifting over one million copies.

But the extra-good news is you don't have to shell out for another copy of Rare's launch game to get the nostalgic N64 maps, as Microsoft says that they'll be released for download in November as part of "Map Pack Two" for absolutely free (yes - free!).

Additionally, there's also an update planned to sort out the "cover move" exploit, which previously allowed naughty deathmatchers to hide inside the scenery.

We're off to fire up our GoldenEye soundtrack, and dream of more innocent times...

Hawq
October 31st, 2006, 18:34
Excellent news, for 360 owners anyway, and something to look forward to if I get a second hand one someday

mesosade
October 31st, 2006, 18:59
hmmmm i wonder how much microsoft points this is...

BrooksyX
October 31st, 2006, 20:11
hmmmm i wonder how much microsoft points this is...

0, thats why its says its free.:rolleyes: lol

Hawq
November 1st, 2006, 18:44
0, thats why its says its free.:rolleyes: lol
& just how much will this free update cost? ;)

Cap'n 1time
November 1st, 2006, 20:37
I wish they would remake some of the golden eye single player missions... Hell I wish they would just remake all of the games content. :)