PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Miles_OBrien
October 31st, 2006, 16:10
Hi everyone.

My last games console was a PS1 - so am very out of date.

I just bought a used japanese-version 1.5 PSP.
From what I read from ebay:

- I want to play any PSP games
- copied games
- PS1, Nintendo, Dreamcast games

Does anyone have time to explain what I would need, where to buy/download-4-free.

Ultimately would be great if someone can give me a intro on PSP (diff in 1.5 and other version etc etc) - pls consider me being on another planet for the past 10 years!

Thks!

splodger15
October 31st, 2006, 17:17
i aint telling how to play you copied games (Read the rules)

Get devhook to play your umds

you cant play your dreamcast games on the psp but you can play your ps1 games soon with the release of ps1p which will be released soon

BL4Z3D247
October 31st, 2006, 18:09
nesterj 1.20 beta2 is the best nintendo emu availiable

blackrave
October 31st, 2006, 18:13
Firmware 1.5 is currently the most flexible and versatile for homebrew as it has full access to the system kernel, so you're ready to go.

You can play PS1 games using the emulator PSX-P, but they will run quite slow (a faster emulator named PS1P is being worked on).

You can play most Nintendo console games using emulators, like:
Gameboy Advance: gpSP (full speed)
Gameboy & Colour: RIN? (full speed)
Nintendo 64: Daedalus
SNES: SNES9XTYL
NES: NesterJ

Dreamcast games can't be emulated on PSP, so if that's what it said on Ebay, you've been scammed.

Also, you have the huge library of homebrew PSP games, which are games and applications made entirely free and volounterely for the community. You'll find lots on this site.

A user on this forum named mesosade has put together a great homebrew pack made for newbies. You can find it here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38501). This pack also contains many emulators, including the ones I mentioned, in addition to games and apps.

Acidurn05 has also made a great newbie package (although not only for newbies, I bet, considering the huge number of emulators included) which is a pure emulator package. You can find this here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37945).

Welcome to the homebrew world! :)
I was a newbie once too, but DCEmu.co.uk has welcomed me warmly and taught me everything about it.

Miles_OBrien
November 1st, 2006, 07:24
THKS GUYS! Esp. BlackRave for the intro and links!

Sure sounds like I can have a lot of fun with my new PSP!!!